European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-14-2016, 07:29 PM   #45
blackbeast06
adrenergic stimulation
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4cs San Marino Blue

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignastym4 View Post
Since my car was used for the development of these intakes, I feel like I should throw in my opinion for what it's worth along with the experience with these intakes.

I actually even drove around with prototype plastic intakes for a little bit and saw an instant increase in power and the sound was great... That was until I got the real finished product. Sound is amazing now and the power is even more noticeable (driving in heat with plastic intakes might have something to do with it).

Since a lot of you are worried about the rain factor, I can tell you that I've drive through some messed up conditions where I couldn't even see through rain. Nothing happened to my car. TBH I was worried at first too, I even considered ordering water repellent intake bags, but for some reason I didn't..

As far as the installation process goes. I am no mechanic, but was able to install these intakes with the help of my other friend (non mechanic either ) in around 45 minutes. Hardest part being taking out the kidney grills with 3000 clips per grill.. That was the hardest part. It might take you longer since you will have to take off the stock intake boxes first, I just had to take off prototypes and put the Carbon Fiber ones in. However, I was the one who took off the stock intakes too, and that wasn't hard either.

Long story short, I'm more than happy with the product. Sound, looks, power that was opened up to my M4 is awesome for the money. If you have any questions, hit me up!

Those intakes look sharp, and sound mean as well (I've heard them personally in action). Great product!

[IMG]m4 by senntera, on Flickr[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 08:41 PM   #46
cryptz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

is it possible to get black filters? black car over here =)
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 04:45 PM   #47
ignastym4
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 & E60 535xi M pack

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
I replaced filters myself to get a more "popping" red than the color of filters with which intakes originally came with. My intakes came with a regular redish color filters and I swapped them to bright red.

It's pretty easy to do yourself, especially while you are installing the intakes. Just make sure to get your filters with offset so that they don't end up pressed against the inside of the bumper. K&N has all kinds of colors available.

There are also DryCharger air filter bags that you can choose different colors for and put them over your filter that comes with the intakes. They will make your filters last long plus will provide extra protection from water, if you are one of the guys who is worried about water getting into the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptz View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 05:40 PM   #48
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

I want black filters toooooo
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 07:04 PM   #49
Sales@RKautowerks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
Love the design process, thought and engineering that went into this. Carbon looks great too. Personally I'd love a 3D printed/composite plastic version at a lower price point.
I wish the plastic stuff was cheaper, but it actually costs the same. To be able to 3d print something of this size in material that is heat resistant is pricey. It also will not last the test of time like the carbon fiber intakes will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptz View Post
Every kit comes with standard filters, we've had a few customers die the filters. The filters are cloth based so that is always an option if you'd like to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figurka View Post
I want black filters toooooo
See what you did Ignas lol...

Thanks
-R
Appreciate 0