proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

04-16-2019, 01:47 PM   #45
nathanm4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
I bet your indy mechanic can teardown your engine replace pistons, head gaskets, and put it all back together under warranty costs. I know some yall need that piece of mind. But dayum these are wild costs.
I would try indie repair shops if they are honest and don't rip off customers. Do you know some reputable shops in Indiana, California, Florida?
      04-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #46
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm4 View Post
I would try indie repair shops if they are honest and don't rip off customers. Do you know some reputable shops in Indiana, California, Florida?
https://www.bimmershops.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 03:32 PM   #47
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

I paid $5200 for mu platinum warranty from a Maryland BMW shop (my local dealer would not discount, plus no sales tax on maryland warranty purchase. In the two years I had teh extended warranty, I easily had over 10k in BMW paid for repairs. Well worth the warranty cost and peace of mind. Sold her the day the warranty expired. If you want thew BMW dealer to service your M, get a factory warranty. Most privates won't pay dealer rates.

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 1
nathanm4678.50
      04-21-2019, 03:37 PM   #48
nathanm4
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
I paid $5200 for mu platinum warranty from a Maryland BMW shop (my local dealer would not discount, plus no sales tax on maryland warranty purchase. In the two years I had teh extended warranty, I easily had over 10k in BMW paid for repairs. Well worth the warranty cost and peace of mind. Sold her the day the warranty expired. If you want thew BMW dealer to service your M, get a factory warranty. Most privates won't pay dealer rates.
      07-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #49
pchalabi
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 750i xdrive M-Sport

Is a BMW Extended Warranty Worth it

I'm about to purchase a 2018 750i xdrive CPO. The CPO extends for another three years unlimited mileage. A Platinum or Gold 7yr/100,00mi only gives another two years or so of coverage. Is it worth it to buy this? What is the lowest price I can expect to pay now if I reference this forum?

Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:13 AM   #50
UniversalTrek
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530i

This is great information - truly appreciate the insight. I will be sending you a PM to discuss further.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 03:33 PM   #51
nathanm4
Captain
United_States
Rep

Hello folks.

Here is an update: I got some money back when I sold my M4 because it was still under warranty.

Overall, I recommend purchasing the BMW warranty if you are worried about your car.
      08-06-2020, 08:55 AM   #52
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

just wanted to let anyone know who is looking for a BMW warranty we blow these out for forum members. just follow the info here: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1676787

any issues just shoot me a buzz and I can follow up.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 11:57 AM   #53
d099y
Registered
Rep
Drives: f16

bmw extended warranty rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
just wanted to let anyone know who is looking for a BMW warranty we blow these out for forum members. just follow the info here: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1676787

any issues just shoot me a buzz and I can follow up.
Jimmy, thank you for posting on this forum. I bought the warranty from Christine and i did shop it prior to contacting her and she was by far the best price. I bought the maximum platinum warranty for my 2016 bmw x6.

i should have done this when i bought the vehicle so i won't have to pay an inflated price 4 years later. don't get me wrong Christine gave me a good deal but i bet it would have been better 4 years ago. the nice thing about this extended warranty is that even if you buy it when you first purchase the vehicle you can get all your money back if you never go past your original manufacturer warranty and the extended warranty hasn't kicked in yet. if you go past the original manufacturers warranty then they prorate you for time not used which is still fantastic. keep in mind to qualify for bmw warranty you must buy it before your original manufacturers warranty expires.

Thumbs up for BMW warranty.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10687.00
      09-21-2020, 12:06 PM   #54
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by d099y View Post
Jimmy, thank you for posting on this forum. I bought the warranty from Christine and i did shop it prior to contacting her and she was by far the best price. I bought the maximum platinum warranty for my 2016 bmw x6.

i should have done this when i bought the vehicle so i won't have to pay an inflated price 4 years later. don't get me wrong Christine gave me a good deal but i bet it would have been better 4 years ago. the nice thing about this extended warranty is that even if you buy it when you first purchase the vehicle you can get all your money back if you never go past your original manufacturer warranty and the extended warranty hasn't kicked in yet. if you go past the original manufacturers warranty then they prorate you for time not used which is still fantastic. keep in mind to qualify for bmw warranty you must buy it before your original manufacturers warranty expires.

Thumbs up for BMW warranty.
awesome! The prices def seem to keep rising from BMW end but we will always try and continue to hook all the forum members up as much as we can and currently we are doing just that! Glad we were able to set you up and thank you so much for the shout out and business!!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 02:27 AM   #55
Juansito
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

Emailed! Now I wait to see how long im gonna
Be eating ramen noodles to pay for this lol
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 01:42 PM   #56
ONEof500
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 30 Jahre

So I have been doing extensive ext warranty research. The BMW warranty is not a good value prop. If you get the 5 year it is actually 5 years from in service date not 5 additional years of coverage.

If you buy a 3rd party warranty you get 5 additional years of coverage or until you hit the mileage cap.

How BMW sells these at all is a mystery. As soon as I pointed this out to the finance manager he pitched me a 3rd party option.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 06:35 PM   #57
2002crew
Rep
Drives: MW f82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEof500 View Post
So I have been doing extensive ext warranty research. The BMW warranty is not a good value prop. If you get the 5 year it is actually 5 years from in service date not 5 additional years of coverage.

If you buy a 3rd party warranty you get 5 additional years of coverage or until you hit the mileage cap.

How BMW sells these at all is a mystery. As soon as I pointed this out to the finance manager he pitched me a 3rd party option.
Did you end up going with a 3rd party? if so which one and how much was it?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 10:57 PM   #58
ONEof500
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 30 Jahre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002crew View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEof500 View Post

Did you end up going with a 3rd party? if so which one and how much was it?
I did. Mercury insurance. Already had car / home insurance through them. 4,500 for 5yr 75k mile bumper to bumper
Appreciate 1