EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

07-19-2020, 12:32 AM   #1
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

F8x bucket seat install, retain seat sensor?

Tried searching, couldn't find a good answer on this. Using the Brey-Krause brackets and the OEM manual slider. The seat sensor conflicts with the BK brackets on the inside of the rail, the plastic clip for the sensor is in the way.

Do people keep the seat sensor, relocate it, or code it out? I presume, without researching, that if I code it out that I lose the pyrotechnic 3-point restraint, which I'd like to keep. If you relocated it, any suggestions? I'm not sure how the sensor functions, so I'm not sure how best to relocate it.

Instructions that indicate said seat sensor -> https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ors/1VnXlteXVO
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 12:34 PM   #2
bimmerboyE92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomeler View Post
Tried searching, couldn't find a good answer on this. Using the Brey-Krause brackets and the OEM manual slider. The seat sensor conflicts with the BK brackets on the inside of the rail, the plastic clip for the sensor is in the way.

Do people keep the seat sensor, relocate it, or code it out? I presume, without researching, that if I code it out that I lose the pyrotechnic 3-point restraint, which I'd like to keep. If you relocated it, any suggestions? I'm not sure how the sensor functions, so I'm not sure how best to relocate it.

Instructions that indicate said seat sensor -> https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ors/1VnXlteXVO
I did not know the seat sensor was external to the seat. In any case, mine was coded out. The only inconvenience now is that if you open your door before turning off the engine, the car will go into neutral. It won't go into park.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 12:57 PM   #3
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

I ended up removing the sensor, and I think I coded it out correctly. Disabled enough stuff to take it to the track this Thursday *shrug*
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 12:59 PM   #4
bimmerboyE92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
When I had the SRS light on because the seats were removed... the M1 and M2 buttons did not work. Once coded it's as if nothing ever happened.
Appreciate 0