proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

09-02-2020, 04:18 AM   #1
Mrm4sw49r
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Chassis function restriction

Hi guy
The chassis function restriction warning pop up on my screen the other days,now I can’t use my m1/m2
After researching I believe it has something to do with the height sensors/for some reason people call it acceleration sensors
I took my car in to the mechanics to get it diagnosed
It’s came up as right hand side vertical sensor on the front right suspension is not working or not picking up
I’ve brought 2 new sensor thinking I change it because it’s just a plug and play
But it’s didn’t work
Do I have to calibrate it before it work?
Does anyone have experience with this problems or know any place where I can go (prefer Sydney )to get the sensors calibrate
Is this a big problem?
Ever since I brought this m4 problems after problems
And it’s all factory problems from bmw
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 11:46 PM   #2
mfurse
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 2016 LCI

You likely need to code the new sensors in and reset. Decent independent shop or BMW have ISTA to do that - would take 1 minute.

You can also do it yourself but you'd need to get a copy of ISTA and know what you were looking at in the interface to and have the right enet cable.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 06:29 AM   #3
Mrm4sw49r
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurse View Post
You likely need to code the new sensors in and reset. Decent independent shop or BMW have ISTA to do that - would take 1 minute.

You can also do it yourself but you'd need to get a copy of ISTA and know what you were looking at in the interface to and have the right enet cable.
Thanks for that
Appreciate 0