Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

11-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #1
two+2
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Grey Black

Arctic Coating (Ceramic coat option)?

Anyone ever heard of this brand of ceramic paint protection?

www.arcticcoating.com/

Looking for feedback and thoughts on its final outcome, shine, longevity compared to some of the others out there like CQuartz Finest etc?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 07:46 PM   #2
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Nice website. Their Facebook page started about 1 1/2 years ago. So I don't think you can get longevity answers. Only 2 certified installers in the USA, didn't check Canada, but if you decide on them, let us know how it works out. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 02:57 AM   #3
two+2
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Grey Black

So I took a leap of faith and went with the detailer offering Arctic Coating.

A friend in the business recommended BMS Auto Haus - in Richmond BC Canada. It was one of a handful of detailers in the area that were certified with consistently good reviews of their work.

Other brands have stated the same hydrophobic properties but my first impressions are 'wow'. In the Northwest where winter means wet, sometimes freezing I'm anxious to see how it holds up to their claims and glad it'll be less of a PITA to keep the car clean.

One can say this about all ceramic coats but truth is, a good product in the right hands gives the gloss that IMO is perfect for the non-metallic paints.

Will take more shots when the sun re-emerges in a few months but in the mean time here are a few snaps taken at the shop of a Grey Black Individual.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 08:20 PM   #4
Detailnplasti
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Arctic Coating

Hello Friend,

My name is John, and I am the owner of DetailnPlasti and Canadian distributor for Arctic Coating Norway. You will notice my name as their Canadian Ambassador
Arctic Coating Canada is currently in the works and will be launching in the new year of 2017. There will be more professional installers throughout Canada next year as well.
You are in great hands at BMS and his work is always top notch.
Arctic Coating is a phenomenal coating that is very durable, provides amazing gloss, and makes maintenance washing super easy.
I have personally protected over 60 vehicles(luxury,exotic,supercars, and domestic) with Arctic Coating and the results plus feedback has been great. I often post treated vehicles on Youtube & facebook and bring them back months later for maintenance washes.
I have been testing Arctic Coating prior to its launch in 2015 and have daily driven vehicles that are nearing 24 months and still function like day one.

You will enjoy this coating
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 07:14 AM   #5
NJ6spd
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

I am thinking about Arctic coating as well. APC in waldwick is a installer. I can't much info on youtube or google searches. Are there any advantages to Arctic compared to leading ceramic coatings?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #6
dt2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ6spd View Post
I am thinking about Arctic coating as well. APC in waldwick is a installer. I can't much info on youtube or google searches. Are there any advantages to Arctic compared to leading ceramic coatings?
What did you decide to do? Did you go with APC for Arctic coat, and are you happy with it?
Appreciate 0