Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

02-04-2021, 08:15 PM   #23
Elysian
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Assuming all of the coding from above is correct, did you try using ISTA to clear any air bag/restraint faults? Tool32 was mentioned above for fault clearing purposes. I am not an expert on Tool32, but I do know it is an older BMW diagnostic tool as ISTA is the current BMW dealer diagnostic tool of record. Since the F87 is a very new'ish BMW, Tool32 may not be working properly for the F87 due to the age of the tool.

If that is not the case (i.e. ISTA could not clear the fault), then there could be some software/coding differences between the F87 and the F80/82. Despite the obvious similarities between the M2 and the M3/M4, this would not be the first time there is a software/coding difference that causes issues like this. If all else fails, you may need to hit up a paid coder as there are still some coding "trade secrets" they keep to themselves.
This could be the issue but funny thing is I recently helped someone on here with the same issue with the same vehicle... strange not sure if it's because Tool32 can't clear the new ACSM faults but it worked for the F01.prg. ACSM5 wouldn't load I wasn't sure if ISTA could clear this because it's a self endured fault but didn't get a chance to try this
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 01:55 AM   #24
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Assuming all of the coding from above is correct, did you try using ISTA to clear any air bag/restraint faults? Tool32 was mentioned above for fault clearing purposes. I am not an expert on Tool32, but I do know it is an older BMW diagnostic tool as ISTA is the current BMW dealer diagnostic tool of record. Since the F87 is a very new'ish BMW, Tool32 may not be working properly for the F87 due to the age of the tool.

If that is not the case (i.e. ISTA could not clear the fault), then there could be some software/coding differences between the F87 and the F80/82. Despite the obvious similarities between the M2 and the M3/M4, this would not be the first time there is a software/coding difference that causes issues like this. If all else fails, you may need to hit up a paid coder as there are still some coding "trade secrets" they keep to themselves.

Tool32 works perfect for ANY car including newest G series. You just have to know which .prg file to choose.

Best way is to read faults with T32/ISTA and then code (uncode) unnecessary restraint systems related to new seats
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 05:57 AM   #25
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Quote:

Tool32 works perfect for ANY car including newest G series. You just have to know which .prg file to choose.

Best way is to read faults with T32/ISTA and then code (uncode) unnecessary restraint systems related to new seats
Yup, that is my plan, using the coding info in this thread. Just waiting for my seats to come in.....

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 06:39 PM   #26
Elysian
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post

Would you be able to advise on what .prg to use for these types of things or even codes to clear I didn't think ISTA would do the job here as these faults are created manually.... would love some tips or advice if you have any as this issue has been one that's puzzled me
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 06:55 PM   #27
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Would you be able to advise on what .prg to use for these types of things or even codes to clear I didn't think ISTA would do the job here as these faults are created manually.... would love some tips or advice if you have any as this issue has been one that's puzzled me
Depends on module.

for example:
FEM uses fem20.prg
FLE uses fle_l.prg or fle_r.prg

etc etc
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 02:08 AM   #28
BMWM4MAX
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4 CP

Los Angeles Coding Help

Does anyone know of a physical shop in Los Angeles where I can bring my F82 for coding?
Appreciate 1
JLS_397K126.00
      09-21-2021, 02:22 AM   #29
BMWM4MAX
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4 CP

Coding help

Does anyone know of a physical shop in LA where I can bring my F82 for coding?
Appreciate 1
JLS_397K126.00
      04-24-2023, 08:39 AM   #30
ChrisMc59
Rep
Drives: f82 M4

Bit of an older thread but in the process of doing the same on my f82. Do I want to code out the tensioners even if I plan to use stock seatbelt for daily and swtich to harness for track? I'd still want them to work during street use?

Gurtstrammer_Fahrer ->nicht_aktiv (belt tensioner driver driver)
Gurtstrammer_Beifahrer ->nicht_aktiv (belt tensioner driver passenger)

Cheers,Chris
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 11:45 AM   #31
Redline10000
Private
Rep
Drives: f80 M3

Did you ever get an answer to this ? I would like to know if I need to code out the tensioner as well if I plan to use stock lap belt.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 01:22 PM   #32
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline10000 View Post
Did you ever get an answer to this ? I would like to know if I need to code out the tensioner as well if I plan to use stock lap belt.
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 07:12 AM   #33
dxj
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Kubax86 fixed this issue for me quickly. Very knowledgeable and quick response. Don’t hesitate to go to him for help.
Appreciate 1
kubax861787.50
      04-17-2024, 08:40 AM   #34
justmen
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracer View Post
Got it.

Code the following

Gurtstrammer_Fahrer ->nicht_aktiv (belt tensioner driver driver)
Gurtstrammer_Beifahrer ->nicht_aktiv (belt tensioner driver passenger)
Gurtkontakt_Fahrer ->nicht_aktiv (belt contact driver driver)
Gurtkontakt_Beifahrer ->nicht_aktiv (belt contact driver passenger)
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA ->nicht_aktiv (Belt condition indicator driver driver)
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Beifahrer_GWF_GZA_BF ->nicht_aktiv (Belt condition indicator driver - passenger)
Abschalten_Fehlerqualifikation_Plausipruefung_dyn_ Daten_FGS->nicht_aktiv
(Shutdown Error qualification Plausibility error)
Thank U bracer!!!
Very useful topic. I decided to unplug and remove all the safety systems except the steering wheel airbag. When the OMP steering wheel arrives, I will also turn it off. The vehicle has become lighter by about 17 kg.

I use E-SYS and make this changes
***In ACSM:
Sitzairibag_Thorax_Fahrer - Nicht_aktiv
Sitzairibag_Thorax_Beifahrer - Nicht_aktiv
Airbag_Fahrer_Stufe_1 - Nicht_aktiv
Airbag_Fahrer_Stufe_2 - Nicht_aktiv
Adaptiver_Airbag_Fahrer_Vent - Nicht_aktiv
Knieairbag_Fahrer - Nicht_aktiv
Airbag_Beifahrer_Stufe_1 - Nicht_aktiv
Airbag_Beifahrer_Stufe_2 - Nicht_aktiv
Adaptiver_Airbag_Beifahrer_Vent - Nicht_aktiv
Knieairbag_Beifahrer - Nicht_aktiv
Gurtstrammer_Fahrer - Nicht_aktiv
Gurtstrammer_Beifahrer - Nicht_aktiv
Gurtkontakt_Fahrer - Nicht_aktiv
Gurtkontakt_Beifahrer - Nicht_aktiv
Automatenstrammer_Fahrer - Nicht_aktiv
Automatenstrammer_Beifahrer - Nicht_aktiv
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA - Nicht_aktiv
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Beifahrer_GWF_GZA_BF - Nicht_aktiv
Abschalten_Fehlerqualifikation_Plausipruefung_dyn_ Daten_FGS - Nicht_aktiv
Sitzpositionserkennung_Sitzmemory_Fahrer - Nicht_aktiv
Sitzpositionserkennung_Sitzmemory_Beifahrer - Nicht_aktiv
CIS_Beifahrer - Nicht_aktiv (after this, IHKA error on)
***In IHKA
MISCHLUFTREGLER_BEIFAHRER - STEUERUNG (after this, IHKA error off)
***In dKombi
zzzST_ECAL_ALIVE - Nicht_aktiv
zzzST_ECAL_TIMEOUT - Nicht_aktiv

(zzz = maybe)

then in ISTA clear all errors.

enjoy track battles without annoying reminders ))

Last edited by justmen; 04-17-2024 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0