ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

04-21-2020, 04:29 PM   #1
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

Pressure Washer Guns: MTM Hydro SGS28 vs Mosmatic 29.132 Review

I thought I'd do a quick write up on these for anyone with a pressure washer setup and contemplated upgrading or are in the market for a new gun. I've been using an SGS28 for a couple years now and did quite a bit of research to come to the conclusion that the SGS28 was definitely good enough. The Mosmatic was more expensive at $110+tax and for the premium, it didn't seem like the Mosmatic was 2x better.

I've been having issues with my wrist lately though so I decided to revisit the idea as the Mosmatic is known to have a better swivel/trigger. I managed to find a site selling the Mosmatic gun for $80 + coupon code. Bought, and it was delivered in 2 days - pretty quick considering the times were in right now.

I setup the gun this past weekend, and the first thing I noticed was the ease of trigger activation vs the SGS28. There's little to no effort needed to activate the water flow. Slightly pulling the trigger activated flow and the full wash process felt more effortless than with the MTM. I'd like to note there's a ball bearing trigger release, but that doesn't even need to be engaged for water to flow. I was a bit baffled by the necessity of it, and gave Mosmatic a call and they've confirmed the ball bearing engage is for comfort with prolonged use. I was really happy with how the trigger alone performed.

The second thing I noticed was the swivel. There's a lot of videos online about Mosmatic's Live Swivel, but this one really sums up my experience with it. Under pressure, I still had to put some work into the hose to get it to unravel using the MTM. This wasn't the case with the Mosmatic. Where it really shined was the wheel and side skirt washing process. The gun turns with a lot more ease for any spots you're washing that require turning motions.

I can't speak to the build quality as I've just started using the gun, but it's definitely heavier than the MTM. I thought that could be an issue for my wrist, but I finished a full wash without my wrist bothering me. I'm not really sure how many of you have wrist strain during your wash process but I thought I'd share my experience. I'm 100% satisfied with the purchase, and if I could do it again, I'd buy the Mosmatic in the first place even at full price. It's worth the price difference if you can swing it.
Appreciate 2
      04-21-2020, 04:38 PM   #2
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Great write up as I have been interested in this myself. Would you mind sharing the info of the site where u had ordered it from? Sounds like a great upgrade
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 04:01 AM   #3
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SNAILS View Post
Great write up as I have been interested in this myself. Would you mind sharing the info of the site where u had ordered it from? Sounds like a great upgrade
Obsessed Garage got them https://www.obsessedgarage.com/colle...sprayers-wands

There are also some replicas that are apparently well built, I am eyeing some for my Karcher.
      04-23-2020, 11:26 AM   #4
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Obsessed Garage got them https://www.obsessedgarage.com/colle...sprayers-wands

There are also some replicas that are apparently well built, I am eyeing some for my Karcher.
When I called Mosmatic to ask about the trigger engage, he asked me if I bought it from OG, haha.

The site I used sells it for $30 cheaper. I bought the Mosmatic wand for cheaper as well. I didn't want to get in trouble for possibly advertising on the forums so PM'd snail the info instead.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 10:51 AM   #5
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Would you mind sending me a PM with the vendor you purchased from?
Doing a quick google search there aren't a ton of places selling Mosmatic.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 10:39 PM   #6
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
Would you mind sending me a PM with the vendor you purchased from?
Doing a quick google search there aren't a ton of places selling Mosmatic.
I've been receiving a lot of PMs about this. I purchased it from Kleen-Rite.

I will mention that I bought more stuff from them recently, and the shipping was damn expensive. The Mosmatic gun + wand (and all fittings) were my first purchase from them and I got Free Shipping with a registration promotion.

Technically it was 7,500 Loyalty Points which you redeem for free shipping but my friend who recently tried to get one only got 500 points for registering. I could have gotten lucky with timing. YMMV I guess.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2020, 02:39 PM   #7
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

That was going to be my guess!
Now I just have to wait for a coupon... maybe Labor Day.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 12:23 AM   #8
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
That was going to be my guess!
Now I just have to wait for a coupon... maybe Labor Day.
Ya, not too far away. Hopefully they do something.

If you need the fittings, I recommend going with General Pump. I have been cycling through an extensive list of couplers/plugs across different brands and I've been happier with General Pump which is also on Kleen-Rite.

I do have some Mosmatic parts I picked up from OG, but in my opinion they're not worth the premium. +$40 on couplers, and $12-$15 on plugs, you're looking at hundreds to outfit a system. There's also leak issues with cross compatibility with MTM Hydros new fittings from them changing to another production facility in China.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 12:40 AM   #9
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Obsessed Garage is having a sale this weekend. Planning to pick up some nice pieces.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 03:22 PM   #10
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Obsessed Garage is having a sale this weekend. Planning to pick up some nice pieces.
I saw that as well. I was interested in trying out the wool wheel mitts he uses, but now they're sold out and I think it's a minimum order of $100 to qualify.

I really can't think of anything else I need unless I clench up and buy a Kranzle then pray my girlfriend doesn't kill me.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 07:16 PM   #11
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
I saw that as well. I was interested in trying out the wool wheel mitts he uses, but now they're sold out and I think it's a minimum order of $100 to qualify.

I really can't think of anything else I need unless I clench up and buy a Kranzle then pray my girlfriend doesn't kill me.
Just go ahead and bite the bullet since she's only a girlfriend (wife is another story LOL).

I bought a 2nd Kranzle yesterday for my other house.

Totally worth it
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 07:19 PM   #12
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep

Wanted to share my video that's a bit of an extension to this post. A couple months ago, I, "upgraded" the coupler and plug to Mosmatic brand, and ran into some issues I wanted to share. I had to spend more than I anticipated because I wanted a nicer coupler and plug on just the gun.

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 09:24 PM   #13
espressoo
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 Comp|'23 X5 45e|'24 X7

You guys use some premium car washing accessories. I feel poor using a Karcher and MTM hydro cannon with a no name trigger. ��
Appreciate 0