EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-04-2021, 11:36 AM   #1
Karlooch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

About to buy a 2016 M4. Would you be satisfied with this ppi?

https://shop.tekmetric.com/inspectio...EHJpeDOjAd9gDI

Spoke with the shop that did the inspection and it appears to be mostly some cosmetic/exterior stuff and nothing mechanical was red flagged. Carfax has a 4k dec on the left front side but other than that nothing. Has full service history showing regular maintenance. Only thing that is a slight concern for me is that the car was previously leased and may have been neglected by the previous couple owners.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 11:42 AM   #2
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlooch View Post
https://shop.tekmetric.com/inspectio...EHJpeDOjAd9gDI

Spoke with the shop that did the inspection and it appears to be mostly some cosmetic/exterior stuff and nothing mechanical was red flagged. Carfax has a 4k dec on the left front side but other than that nothing. Has full service history showing regular maintenance. Only thing that is a slight concern for me is that the car was previously leased and may have been neglected by the previous couple owners.
Batteries on F8X are expensive and it looks like you may need to replace a tire if a "chunk" is missing. Just factor that in when you offer for it. Otherwise, it reads like a leased DD
      03-04-2021, 04:38 PM   #3
prodigal77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB F82 6MT

Yes, second that on the battery for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Batteries on F8X are expensive and it looks like you may need to replace a tire if a "chunk" is missing. Just factor that in when you offer for it. Otherwise, it reads like a leased DD
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 08:18 PM   #4
FrznM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I would see if the car just hasn’t been started for a while. If I don’t start my car for around 2 weeks in extreme cold I get a battery message but goes away after first drive.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 09:29 PM   #5
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

If it’s a dealer purchase, definitely use this to your advantage and ask for a new battery etc. to be given prior to purchasing. If private sale, see if seller is open to discount considering it says you need a new battery. Definitely show them the price of a new battery because it’s not a simple Pep Boys battery.
Appreciate 0