Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

06-10-2018, 11:21 AM   #1
Grasshopper82
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 CP

M3 Comp Pack - Track/Road advice

Hi folks,

Got myself a new 2017 M3 CP in Jan, already broke it in at the Nordschliefe and Spa, where it was EPIC. Was blown away with how amazing it performed at both. Only thing I changed was put a set of Michelin PS4S which I thought gave a very nice step up from the standard PSS’s

I’m heading to Knockhill and Oulten Park over the next month or 2 and looking for advice on what tweaks I should make for the track.

It’s still my daily driver, so don’t want to go nuts, but was thinking of the following:

1. Dedicated track tyres and alloys I can put on - thinking 18’s and some sort of semi slicks - any recommendations?
2. Brake upgrade. Again, don’t want squeaky brakes every day, but don’t mind the odd one here or there. What’s the thoughts here’s in terms of upgrade from stock?
3. Changing camber/toe on the setup.

When I was at the ring, the M3 ring taxi driver who I became friendly with (he’s a Nurburgring and Dubai 24 hr winner and took me out for some 1:1 in my car, Oskar Sandberg, check him out, awesome guy!) said the above 3 would probably be the things he would do. Just not sure what what brand/settings to go with, so anyone’s advice based on experience would be hugely appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 06:39 AM   #2
hwalk
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1505443

If you use 18 especially in Europe there's just a small offer of different tires as most of the popular semis are available in 19... I use 19' with PSC-2 worked well on NOS and can be used on public roads as well (i.e. on your way to the track)...

Right, IMHO you definitely need to upgrade the brakes with racing pads (BMW M Performance, Pagid, Endless) in addition with steel brakelines and racing brake fluid. Makes a very big difference to stock...

If you plan to track your car frequently get a proper suspension like KW Clubsport or something similar with adjustable camber plates. And of course a guy who can do a proper alignment...
      06-18-2018, 03:04 AM   #3
Grasshopper82
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 CP

Awesome, thanks man!
Appreciate 0