EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-08-2021, 12:20 PM   #1
ewilson88
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Sahkir Orange ZCP M3

Carbon fiber front splitter separating

I looked on the search and couldn't find my issue so figured I'd post here. My front splitter caps are coming apart(bought 2 weeks ago and it was like this when I purchased). Does anybody know if these caps come off so I can remount with 3M tape? It's the part the arrow is pointing to. Thanks for any help
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 01:56 PM   #2
Truvett
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 vert

Those are attached with 3M tape initially so yes you can pull off and reattach. Depending on the lip though sometimes they are also attached to the lip as well. Check underneath the lip to see if there are screws connecting them or just tape. When you install the splitters they go on before the lip. You might have to take the lip off first.

Last edited by Truvett; 04-08-2021 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: Adding more
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 02:02 PM   #3
ewilson88
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truvett View Post
Those are attached with 3M tape initially so yes you can pull off and reattach. Depending on the lip though sometimes they are also attached to the lip as well. Check underneath the lip to see if there are screws connecting them or just tape. When you install the splitters they go on before the lip. You might have to take the lip off first.
Thank you so much, I'll give it a try Saturday. The passenger side one is coming off at the lip too, I can see some tape where it's separating
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
scrammer420.50
      07-19-2021, 11:55 PM   #4
scrammer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Ultimate

Mine was having the same issue so i went to the local BMW Certified Collison Repair Centre | BMW.ca and buddy said, "I fix these three times a week ... go grab some RTV Black Silicon, dig out the old tape best you can, mask it off, fill gap with sealant, tape it in to place with duct tape over night, remove ... and now its perfect!!!

https://www.jbweld.com/product/black-silicone[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Attached Images

Current ///M: 2017 M3 Ultimate
Past ///M Cars: E92 M3 ZCP 'CDN LRP' … E85 Z4M-R ... E92 M3 ZCP Frozen ... E90 M3 ... E46 M3 Cab ... E46 M3 ZCP ... E46 M3

Last edited by scrammer; 07-20-2021 at 12:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 10:30 AM   #5
ewilson88
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrammer View Post
Mine was having the same issue so i went to the local BMW Certified Collison Repair Centre | BMW.ca and buddy said, "I fix these three times a week ... go grab some RTV Black Silicon, did out the old tape best you can, mask it off, fill gap with sealant, tape it in to place with duct tape over night, remove ... and now its perfect!!!

https://www.jbweld.com/product/black-silicone[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
You are awesome! Going to give it a try
Appreciate 0