Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

06-23-2021, 04:04 AM   #1
Dangriffin87
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 80

Condensation Coming from Exhaust

Hi,

Just had my valve cover change and also my coolant expansion tank. Did this because I was getting white smoke coming out of the exhaust, so presumed a PCV failure.

Seems to have fixed the problem for the most part. I did however have some sludge in the engine, so the shop has run an engine flush through the system and changed all the oil out.

I am however getting some water and white smoke(maybe condensation) coming out of the exhaust, seems to only happen when the car is warmed up and seems to be occurring all the time. Even today the outside temp is 16 degrees Celsius and I am still seeing the smoke. I can't smell any sweet or oil type smell from the condensation.

I have noticed that the upper coolant level is above the yellow marker. I don't seem to be losing coolant, but not sure as have only driven about 300km since the work has been done.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated or if anyone else has had to same thing.

Not sure if I am just hyper vigilant since I seen the initial smoke and now I am noticing it more or if there is an actual problem somewhere.

Trying to determine best next steps.

Hopefully the engine flush hasn't damaged anything in the engine.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2023, 04:03 PM   #2
Corderok_f80
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f80

Hi did you figure out what it was on your car?
Appreciate 0