Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-26-2021, 11:25 AM   #1
MHD Tuning
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3F80#M5F90#340iF31#SupraA90

First MHD+ feature, ethanol content reading over CANBUS for F-series S55/N55/N13

Today we are proud to announce the public release of our first MHD+ feature, ethanol content reading over CANBUS for F-series S55/N55/N13.

CANBUS sensor integration allows a truly flexible way for users to add a multitude of sensor inputs and outputs to the DME, as you are no longer limited by the number of "available physical pins." For the initial release, we have provided deep integration for two popular devices: the Motiv Motorsport Re|Flex, and the Zeitronix ECA-2 CAN.

Hooking up the Zeitronix ECA-2 CAN and flashing with our flash option preset for it will allow you to view and log Ethanol % and Fuel temperature (as pictured).
Hooking up the Motiv Re|Flex and flashing with our flash option preset for it will allow you to view and log Ethanol %, Port Injection DC, Port Injector errors, as well as the Re|Flex's auxiliary input and output data.

We have also added in depth safeties and failsafes surrounding this integration. For example, if there is an issue with a CAN sensor signal (timeout, etc), ethanol water contamination, Re|Flex PI injector issue, etc, the car will throw a check engine light and enter a low power limp mode for safety. The "Read Codes" screen in MHD will show these new custom diagnostic codes such as MHD001, MHD002 etc along with the description (as pictured). These error codes function exactly like OEM: they are properly debounced, maintain a "shadow code" copy when appropriate, and can be configured individually if they should / shouldn't cause a low power limp mode! We want to ensure 100% safety is maintained with all new features.

As you may have guessed, this all ties in directly with one of our next upcoming features, FlexFuel! Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Seba77W401.00
      01-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #2
Eric SS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Chevy SS Sedan

That's pretty awesome. My SS Sedan is flex tuned and it makes it so nice to be able to just throw whatever in if I need to.

The water contamination feature is a great failsafe. I had some water contamination once and it pegged my E sensor at 100% which is obviously the opposite of what you want to happen when you have bad gas and your sensor is telling the computer to add even more timing because it reads 100% ethanol. This happened to a lot of us in Phoenix a few months ago and a few of the imports blew up because of the bad E batch. A fail safe would have probably saved them.
2023 X3M Comp: current
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 12:01 PM   #3
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
That's pretty awesome. My SS Sedan is flex tuned and it makes it so nice to be able to just throw whatever in if I need to.

The water contamination feature is a great failsafe. I had some water contamination once and it pegged my E sensor at 100% which is obviously the opposite of what you want to happen when you have bad gas and your sensor is telling the computer to add even more timing because it reads 100% ethanol. This happened to a lot of us in Phoenix a few months ago and a few of the imports blew up because of the bad E batch. A fail safe would have probably saved them.
Funny enough it was the station on the west side correct? Or so I have heard the rumors... been running it as has my buddy with 1000 rwhp termi with zero issues. Termi has standalone and e monitor, never got any of this bad batch. Was it literally one day?

Well done MHD, the race between you and PTF seems to have been won.....
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 12:06 PM   #4
Eric SS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Chevy SS Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Funny enough it was the station on the west side correct? Or so I have heard the rumors... been running it as has my buddy with 1000 rwhp termi with zero issues. Termi has standalone and e monitor, never got any of this bad batch. Was it literally one day?

Well done MHD, the race between you and PTF seems to have been won.....
It was at every E85 station in the valley as far as I know but for me it was the station on Scottsdale and Val Vista. It didn't affect the E54 stations. I filled up and the car ran a little rough and the E was reading 100%. The next day I posted in the AZ Ethanol group on FB and everyone else was having problems as well. Those with flex fuel made it out OK. Those without flex fuel tuning had issues. Some wouldn't even idle away from the gas stations. Hopefully it was just a one off issue!
2023 X3M Comp: current
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2021, 07:05 AM   #5
MHD Tuning
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3F80#M5F90#340iF31#SupraA90

More features will be released very soon. Good times ahead for all S55 guys
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 08:11 AM   #6
OneAngryBunny
Rep
Drives: BMW f83, E60 535xi

Any update on those new features, how it’s coming, or release date?

Got this MHD CAN flex fuel analyzer kit I’d really like to put to food use 😁
Appreciate 0