ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - New England

04-25-2022, 10:53 AM   #1
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
What shop(s) do you use? Curious where people go

As the title says, wondering where everyone goes to get work done?

For me it's:

Mikes auto body in Malden
Synergy Auto Lab in NH
ProSpec in Quincy
Rim Pro for all things rims

Looking to see if there's great quality shops and people working there that we can patronize more frequently to give the good guys more business and possibly get discounts (maybe).

Thoughts?

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 07:20 PM   #2
GuyLedouche
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82/718 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhill19 View Post

For me it's:

Synergy Auto Lab in NH
ProSpec in Quincy

Looking to see if there's great quality shops and people working there that we can patronize more frequently to give the good guys more business and possibly get discounts (maybe).

Thoughts?
I do almost all the work on my cars but Eurotech in Natick is trustworthy. They did my crank hub and I would go back.
Appreciate 1
NORAGRETS440.50
      04-25-2022, 07:25 PM   #3
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyLedouche View Post
Quote:

For me it's:

Synergy Auto Lab in NH
ProSpec in Quincy

Thoughts?
I do almost all the work on my cars but Eurotech in Natick is trustworthy. They did my crank hub and I would go back.
You have a lift?

I do everything I can do, that doesn't require a lift, downside of city living

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 07:51 AM   #4
GuyLedouche
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82/718 GT4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyLedouche View Post
Quote:

For me it's:

Synergy Auto Lab in NH
ProSpec in Quincy

Thoughts?
You have a lift?

I do everything I can do, that doesn't require a lift, downside of city living
I do have a lift. Makes life a little easier.
Appreciate 1
NORAGRETS440.50
      04-26-2022, 08:21 PM   #5
WoodwardMotorsport
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, E92 ST 335I

We service a lot of f8x here in New England. We have about 10 old crank hubs laying on the bench. We also can drop ship any parts your looking for directly to your door! We are having a cars and coffee May 1st come by and check it out!
Appreciate 1
NORAGRETS440.50
      05-19-2022, 02:17 PM   #6
gunsmoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I have had body work done at Mike's in Malden. It was a deer hit and I needed work on front bumper, hood, front fender, two doors and sill trim. Work was done well overall. A couple of complaints - the door and the hood were not aligned to perfection and my OCD could not put up with that and I spent quite some time tweaking that myself. There is also some small ding on one of the doors that is noticeable at some angle. He is also charging more for M cars, but he gave me a discount, which I appreciate.
I went once to Wile Motorsport for a track day inspection. I wanted them to do a tire job for me, but their tire machine was good up to 18" (that was last year - they might have bought a new one) and I had to go to the dealer for that.
Appreciate 1
NORAGRETS440.50
      05-19-2022, 02:20 PM   #7
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post
I have had body work done at Mike's in Malden. It was a deer hit and I needed work on front bumper, hood, front fender, two doors and sill trim. Work was done well overall. A couple of complaints - the door and the hood were not aligned to perfection and my OCD could not put up with that and I spent quite some time tweaking that myself. There is also some small ding on one of the doors that is noticeable at some angle. He is also charging more for M cars, but he gave me a discount, which I appreciate.
I went once to Wile Motorsport for a track day inspection. I wanted them to do a tire job for me, but their tire machine was good up to 18" (that was last year - they might have bought a new one) and I had to go to the dealer for that.
My M3 is at mikes rn, I just left the shop actually lol. Insurance is covering me so idc how much they charge lol

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 09:51 PM   #8
gunsmoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Your insurance may not pay his full rate. If I am not wrong, back in 2019 the rate my insurance paid was 40 bucks an hour and his M rate was 60. He might make a compromize.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 09:53 PM   #9
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post
Your insurance may not pay his full rate. If I am not wrong, back in 2019 the rate my insurance paid was 40 bucks an hour and his M rate was 60. He might make a compromize.
Doesn't matter, someone hit me, they got a citation on the scene, I had dash cam footage of the whole accident. No money is coming out of my pocket

Appreciate 1