GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-08-2022, 07:13 AM   #1
FloridaF83
Tempus Fugit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 M4

Mods Which Affect Alarm System?

First post!

I recently purchased a used 2018 M4 Convertible and when I got home from the dealer (two hours from my home) I noticed there was no chirp or flash of the lights when the doors locked. I went into iDrive to toggle the settings and they are visible but clicking on them has no affect. I then noticed that the alarm indicator (red light) was not blinking. After texting with the "Genius" he told me that the previous owner may have done some coding which affected the system. Is this possible? I Googled for an answer but all I get is videos about disabling the motion and tilt sensor with the key fob.

I have an appointment for Saturday morning, if anyone has any ideas that could save me the trip I would greatly appreciate it!

Jason
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 04:11 PM   #2
hC1001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3

You arent very clear on whats going on in idrive. Are you able to enable chirps and light flashing or does the option never enable? Have you tried using the panic button to set the alarm off?

You could most likely find the answer by hooking it up to ISTA and running a scan on the car and seeing what it returns. The dealer can do that if you dont have any means of doing it yourself or finding someone else who can do it...

Not sure why someone would code those options out since you can disable it in idrive...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 01:18 PM   #3
FloridaF83
Tempus Fugit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 M4

The options to enable the lights flashing and the chirps was there, but would not toggle. The panic button did nothing. Ended up taking in to the dealer and they got it working again.
Appreciate 0