Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

06-24-2022, 12:11 AM   #1
zen0s
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Exhaust repair shop recommendation

Hi guys,

So i recently purchased F80 M3 with MPE exhaust and it suffers from the infamous crack issue.

Could anyone recommend me a shop in Maryland who can fix this properly?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 09:20 PM   #2
dms-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Zury fabrication could do it. Just make sure they copy the new revised MPE exhausts or else it will most likely crack again.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 09:27 AM   #3
KALIU
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms-01 View Post
Zury fabrication could do it. Just make sure they copy the new revised MPE exhausts or else it will most likely crack again.
Does Zury do a lot of work with titanium? I've read that titanium needs to be welded in a specific type of environment to prevent impurities from weakening the welds.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 03:28 PM   #4
zen0s
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALIU View Post
Does Zury do a lot of work with titanium? I've read that titanium needs to be welded in a specific type of environment to prevent impurities from weakening the welds.
This is very true. I ended up going with Wits End Fabrication. They do amazing work and it shows. It was bit more than i expected but dealer ended up reimbursing me for the repair so worked out for me.

Not sure what's up with Zury, i heard he's very unreliable now days. Doesn't really communicate well either. I would save yourself a trouble and go some where else.
Appreciate 1
KALIU0.00
      11-19-2022, 09:45 AM   #5
KALIU
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen0s View Post
This is very true. I ended up going with Wits End Fabrication. They do amazing work and it shows. It was bit more than i expected but dealer ended up reimbursing me for the repair so worked out for me.

Not sure what's up with Zury, i heard he's very unreliable now days. Doesn't really communicate well either. I would save yourself a trouble and go some where else.
Pics please! How does it sound after the fix? Did they completely fix the issue? How did u get the dealer to reimburse u?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 09:26 AM   #6
dms-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen0s View Post

I wonder what happened to the dude?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2022, 04:38 AM   #7
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms-01 View Post
I wonder what happened to the dude?
He is still on here.... checked in on the 12/22. He is just not answering this thread. It is common once peeps get their answer or info they ghost until the next issue then come crying again for help
Appreciate 0