BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

12-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Leveraged Sellout
Private
Rep
Drives: 1988 535i

Thread Closed? Merry Christmas...

I started the thread about my buddy driving the M4...sorry I never had a chance to reply, work was busy (as I'm sure you all understand) leading up to the holidays here.

He was not lying. He was not allowed to take pictures. Someone mentioned in the thread that a dealer in CO has 2 in secret storage. That is exactly what he told me as well. This was the owner's son that he was with, who allowed him to drive it briefly. He is not a liar, he is a successful individual that feels no need to lie. He most certainly knows the difference between a 435i M Sport and an M4. I was going to ask him for the dealer's name, but that doesn't matter anymore, I guess.

But, I never got a chance to say all that, because the thread was closed before I had a chance to respond. I don't really appreciate that. I was simply trying to help some people out here, that's all. Apparently it was not appreciated. In the future, when I have another chance to get information, I will be sure to go ahead and not post anything regarding it in order to avoid having my threads closed.

Thanks, and merry Christmas...
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Only kidding, Leveraged Sellout. While I don't know exactly why Jason closed the thread, I can guess that without any evidence or additional info to corroborate the details, then the story was meaningless wasn't really adding anything of value. And it's not productive to have a thread full of people calling BS on a post that can't be proved or disproved.

At any rate, Merry Christmas for real.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
Leveraged Sellout
Private
Rep
Drives: 1988 535i

I understand that...I really just wanted to let people know that at least so far, one person in the US that's not a journalist has driven one and liked it a lot, that's all. I'm gonna try to get more info out of him but I didn't want to press him, don't want him to get in trouble, he promised the guy he wouldn't say anything....yeah right haha.

Thanks a lot. Same to you.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
paddy335
Major
Rep
Drives: M140i;X5 40d

Well maybe if he promised he wouldnt say anything he shouldnt - then his integrity would be intact and you wouldnt be getting called a liar. A win-win.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Not possible. Only people within BMW AG have driven the M3 And M4 Coupe.
Dealers do not figure.
      12-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Not possible. Only people within BMW AG have driven the M3 And M4 Coupe.
Dealers do not figure.
Exactly, and that's why Jason closed that thread and why I am closing this one. Thanks for understanding, OP.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread