R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #1
Money2536
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 | 992 GT3 Touring

I'm sure to many of you this is, "been there, done that." But for me, this is my first experience being a part of the step-by-step process of learning about, choosing options, and buying a newly designed car. All cars I have purchased new had been out for a while before I bought them (AP1 S2000, E92 M3, B8 S4, 991 911), so I was never able to enjoy the experience of getting tid bits of information as it is released. I know many are complaining about not knowing details immediately, but I am finding that I am actually appreciating the process.

FYI, I had a pretty sick E92 M3 but was bitten by the desire for a 911 around age 10. I had a problem in that I still need a realtively practical 4 door, so I parted with my beloved E92 coupe in favor of the 911 with the plan to replace my B8 S4 (dislike this car) with F80 Sedan. I feel like I finally joined the BMW community after many years of waiting to afford the car and take the proper progression toward an M3, and now I feel out of sorts not owning one. A rather expensive route to live the dream of an M3 daily driver and 911 fun car, but the process has sure been fun.

I will probably do a two year lease on the F80. I'm learning options like Comfort Access, driver assistance, heated seats and other comfort related choices go unused by me, so I'm thinking a base Alpine White F80. Maybe I'll do Sakhir Orange interior to change up my usual choice of black. I'll only have the car for two years in case I don't like it. I'm sure I'll lower the car and put wheels on it, so stock 18s and no adaptive suspension. I may get suckered into the CCB. I'm also sure Eisenmann will have an exhaust available right away. I'm guessing there is a reason why we haven't heard any clear audio reflecting what the S55 is going to sound like. I am thinking it's going to be pretty bad. Let's hope Eisenmann or Akra can bandaid it fast.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw up another discussion topic to keep the forum moving.
Appreciate 0