GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #23
instarand
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by instarand View Post
All things aside, I like the CS. If the CS was available with a MT, and wasn't $100k+ I would appreciate it more.

If you've ever had full leather in previous F8x models, that alcantara dash in the CS is a lot less cool. I don't love alcantara, I don't get the appeal. But If all you've ever had was the plastic 3-series dash, then I get why it seems cool.

The CS is cool because it's unique and limited in production, has 9 more HP, and has that "pinnacle of F8x" feel to it.

But really, it's only 9 more HP, not available in stick, Porsche 911/911 S money, and not really that different than a nicely optioned F8x CP.

Again, I like the CS. I guess for me it comes down to what you're getting versus what you're paying. My $80k MSRP F80 CP was $73k after discounts and rebates etc. if CS's are being sold at MSRP or close to it, it's a $30k swing. I just don't see $30k of value there.

Once an automatic $100k car is in the picture, for me, I'm looking for M5's, E63's, etc. or if size is not an issue, I'm going 911 all day.

Sorry to all the CS owners! I'd totally love to drive your car so you can make me say, "shit, this is a very nice car!"

The car I’m looking at is approved used, I think you guys call it CPO, at my local dealers, it had a list price new of £101k, and is for sale with 900 miles on the clock, at £69,900.
Car is San Marino Blue
Icon adaptive LED’s
M carbon ceramic brakes
HUD
speed limit display
Sun protection glass
Alcantara wheel
Reversing camera

It’s lost over £30k in 900 miles, seems like a chance to jump in.

Also, my current F80 has full leather, in the U.K., the M4CS comes standard with leather dash, and upper doorcards.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does that translate to $130k USD new and being sold at $90k USD???
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #24
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does that translate to $130k USD new and being sold at $90k USD???
I’ve just ran that through a currency converter and yes that appears to be correct.

Instagram c1_cdg
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #25
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
If you're mental, then it's the kind of mental that bmw loves!

The only way this makes any sense for you is if you feel a significant difference with the CS vs the cars you've owned. Unfortunately the opinions on that topic are as varied and as plentiful as people's assholes.

You're going to have to do this the hard way and drive the thing. Ignore what all of us are saying and see for yourself. I happen to be in your fair country today (in Mayfair) and notice that (a) Brexit doesn't seem to be having a noticeable effect, (b) the exotics with KSA plates are out in full force douching up the city, and (c) BMW of Park Lane has a lovely frozen blue that might have your name on it. Get thee to test driving!

I’m not one for jumping on the latest and newest, I keep my iPhones until they become unusable, my TV is 9 years old etc, but with cars, I seem to love changing around the 2 year mark, stupid I know, I keep telling myself how many people would be crazy happy to have a FO comp F80 in the garage, and I do love it, but damn those CS’s look nice!! I recently had a 36 hour test drive of a C63 coupe and loved it, but find myself drawn back to BMW as usual.

Welcome to the U.K., fortunately in London your still getting some decent weather, up here 350 miles away it’s a lot colder and very wet today

I have seen that Frozen blue in park lane (YouTube) and with the exception of Frozen silver, I don’t really get the satin colours, normal SMB in my eyes is much much more special...

Instagram c1_cdg
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #26
instarand
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Quote:
I’ve just ran that through a currency converter and yes that appears to be correct.
Perhaps new bmw prices are different in other areas? But $90k for a used CS? $130k new? Man.

Back to my previous comments... I like the CS as a car. But if I had to spend $130k on a new car, the M3 CS would be about 15th on that list.

If I had to spend $90k on a slightly used car, the M3 CS would be about 18th on that list.

Just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 03:27 PM   #27
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
If you're mental, then it's the kind of mental that bmw loves!

The only way this makes any sense for you is if you feel a significant difference with the CS vs the cars you've owned. Unfortunately the opinions on that topic are as varied and as plentiful as people's assholes.

You're going to have to do this the hard way and drive the thing. Ignore what all of us are saying and see for yourself. I happen to be in your fair country today (in Mayfair) and notice that (a) Brexit doesn't seem to be having a noticeable effect, (b) the exotics with KSA plates are out in full force douching up the city, and (c) BMW of Park Lane has a lovely frozen blue that might have your name on it. Get thee to test driving!

I’m not one for jumping on the latest and newest, I keep my iPhones until they become unusable, my TV is 9 years old etc, but with cars, I seem to love changing around the 2 year mark, stupid I know, I keep telling myself how many people would be crazy happy to have a FO comp F80 in the garage, and I do love it, but damn those CS’s look nice!! I recently had a 36 hour test drive of a C63 coupe and loved it, but find myself drawn back to BMW as usual.

Welcome to the U.K., fortunately in London your still getting some decent weather, up here 350 miles away it’s a lot colder and very wet today

I have seen that Frozen blue in park lane (YouTube) and with the exception of Frozen silver, I don’t really get the satin colours, normal SMB in my eyes is much much more special...
If that is stupid, then half this forum is stupid. No one will argue with you about SMB being a special color (or colour, as you limeys say )

I haven't driven the CS, so I have no opinion other than they really made it look special vs a normal M3.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 03:31 PM   #28
mechanic75
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3cs

Quote:
Hello mate, how you finding the change?

For me, having owned 2 M3’s I feel like the M4 represents a bigger change, plus I really like the interior touches that seem more special, I want to close my doors with a strap lol...

It would effectively cost me £4K (negative equity) then £200 a month more than my M3 does.... what you think?
Wow that’s very good. For me that would be no brainer. If that was 8k in I would still go ahead.

You need to budget for some Cup 2’s for next season and MPHAS. I don’t think you will handle the arch gaps well! Don’t go ACS this time...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 03:33 PM   #29
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Tough one that Colin. Maybe tempted to go for it, CS is pretty special car and the next gen of another CS must be about 4-5 years away perhaps. If its not stretching you and you have the urge...…

..YOLO!

PS Out of interest...why not the M3CS....are you only thinking it over as that M4CS is such a deal?
      09-09-2018, 03:35 PM   #30
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic75 View Post
Wow that’s very good. For me that would be no brainer. If that was 8k in I would still go ahead.

You need to budget for some Cup 2’s for next season and MPHAS. I don’t think you will handle the arch gaps well! Don’t go ACS this time...
It’s just the fact that it’s knocking on £1k a month for an M4.... ok that’s with no deposit down, but that’s strong money for “a 4 series”

As for mods, I don’t think the M4 sits as high visually as the M3, certainly the one in the showroom appeared to have a nice stance out of the box, and to be honest I don’t think I’d want to mess anything up.. so would probably leave it mod free! Even sell my ACS exhaust I think....

Instagram c1_cdg
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #31
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Tough one that Colin. Maybe tempted to go for it, CS is pretty special car and the next gen of another CS must be about 4-5 years away perhaps. If its not stretching you and you have the urge...…

..YOLO!

PS Out of interest...why not the M3CS....are you only thinking it over as that M4CS is such a deal?

Cheers Chris, worry is, that I’m a year/18 months into my M4CS and stroll into BMW one day and omg the G80, wow that looks amazing etc, and so on and so on, you can’t keep up with cars so who’s the fool for trying...

M4 over M3 because as above I’ve had 2 M3’s so I’d rather just keep my Orange one. The M4 I’ve never owned, and I feel has more “racecar” quirks inside. Lol

Instagram c1_cdg
Appreciate 1
JustChris17485.50
      09-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #32
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Cheers Chris, worry is, that I’m a year/18 months into my M4CS and stroll into BMW one day and omg the G80, wow that looks amazing etc, and so on and so on, you can’t keep up with cars so who’s the fool for trying...

M4 over M3 because as above I’ve had 2 M3’s so I’d rather just keep my Orange one. The M4 I’ve never owned, and I feel has more “racecar” quirks inside. Lol
I think sit it out then really, put it out of your mind. Time for an evening blast in the FO to realise how great she is again
      09-09-2018, 05:02 PM   #33
mechanic75
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It’s just the fact that it’s knocking on £1k a month for an M4.... ok that’s with no deposit down, but that’s strong money for “a 4 series”

As for mods, I don’t think the M4 sits as high visually as the M3, certainly the one in the showroom appeared to have a nice stance out of the box, and to be honest I don’t think I’d want to mess anything up.. so would probably leave it mod free! Even sell my ACS exhaust I think....
Can you can get an extended test drive in one? If so and you love it pull the trigger.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 05:52 PM   #34
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Manual 18 M3

Garage List
Well if it you look at it this way some poor bloke already took the depreciation hit for you. I doubt it plummets much further for the interim.

This being said nobody knows how the value of the CS will hold up. If it's anything like the gts it won't be great.

Your FO is pretty darn unique. I would keep it

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 06:00 PM   #35
guarnibl
Major
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttleblip View Post
DO IT!!!.... apart from the car being "the best M3/M4 to own"... it's good to get on the CS cycle. I think the CS will be part of the line up from now on. So it's better to get in that cycle and change cars every time then new CS comes out, knowing that it will almost always be the model to own within the M3/M4 range.

I loved my ZCP M4 but decided to go for the CS, and from what I've read (waiting two more weeks to take delivery of mine) I made the right choice, price not being a factor in my decision.

If you are willing to wait and don't mind having two seats, the new Porsche GT4 will come out relatively soon and it is supposed to have a detuned version of the 4.0 naturally aspirated flat 6 found in the GT3 with the most glorious sound of any car. If this is an option you want to consider, you need to reserve it at a Porsche dealer soon to guarantee a spot for what will surely be a highly coveted car.

That won't be the case. It's too expensive. The general assumption at this point which is all but confirmed is a 3.8 X51, which should produce 430 HP and pass emissions. However, even so, it will be glorious

Last edited by guarnibl; 09-09-2018 at 06:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 06:19 PM   #36
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Do what makes you happy :-)
I had the very first F80 M3 in 2014 and after few cars got back to F82 M4C in velvet blue and not long after sold it for F90 M5
But I do miss M4C MT more then any car I had
      09-09-2018, 07:23 PM   #37
Throttleblip
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 ZCP 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarnibl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttleblip View Post
DO IT!!!.... apart from the car being "the best M3/M4 to own"... it's good to get on the CS cycle. I think the CS will be part of the line up from now on. So it's better to get in that cycle and change cars every time then new CS comes out, knowing that it will almost always be the model to own within the M3/M4 range.

I loved my ZCP M4 but decided to go for the CS, and from what I've read (waiting two more weeks to take delivery of mine) I made the right choice, price not being a factor in my decision.

If you are willing to wait and don't mind having two seats, the new Porsche GT4 will come out relatively soon and it is supposed to have a detuned version of the 4.0 naturally aspirated flat 6 found in the GT3 with the most glorious sound of any car. If this is an option you want to consider, you need to reserve it at a Porsche dealer soon to guarantee a spot for what will surely be a highly coveted car.

That won't be the case. It's too expensive. The general assumption at this point which is all but confirmed is a 3.8 X51, which should produce 430 HP and pass emissions. However, even so, it will be glorious
The last info I have read points to the 4.0 engine but I guess it's not confirmed.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-sh...pecs-and-info/
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #38
farg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

[QUOTE=Miko M;23701796]Do what makes you happy :-)

Agreed. If everyone here made a sensible decision no one would own an M3/4: We'd all be driving "appliances" and would be behaving "appropriately. If you can afford it and want it....do it. No decision is irreversible on cars. It just costs money.
IMHO, life is full of alot of gottas that take precedence over the wannas. We all need wannas once in a while.
Appreciate 1
minn1914024.00
      09-10-2018, 08:05 PM   #39
DS_BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp, 22 M240

I'm on my second F80 and while I really like it, I'd go for something different like Alfa quadrifoglio or C63s.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 04:21 PM   #40
mmmmQuattro
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: f83 / E93 335 / E70 X5 40d

Garage List
I have a two week rule on any big purchase that I am not 1000% sure of.
Just wait a couple of weeķs and if you still want it, get it.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17485.50
      09-12-2018, 02:39 AM   #41
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmQuattro View Post
I have a two week rule on any big purchase that I am not 1000% sure of.
Just wait a couple of weeķs and if you still want it, get it.
That’s a great rule, I’m on day 10 at the moment....
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 03:59 AM   #42
hwalk
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Sorry Mate, but at this price there's something wrong. Regarding the current cross rates your price would equal roundabout 78000 EUR for a nearly new CS that is trading @ 115'000 EUR with even more milage.... If anything's fine go for it as you'll get an unbelievable bargain!
      09-12-2018, 05:57 AM   #43
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwalk View Post
Sorry Mate, but at this price there's something wrong. Regarding the current cross rates your price would equal roundabout 78000 EUR for a nearly new CS that is trading @ 115'000 EUR with even more milage.... If anything's fine go for it as you'll get an unbelievable bargain!
There’s several available at £69000 mate, about 15 cars at least all approved used with up to 1000 miles, about 4 with icons and CCB’s too.

Basically they aren’t shifting...
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 06:20 AM   #44
mechanic75
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwalk View Post
Different Country, different taxes...
Appreciate 0