European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-22-2021, 12:26 PM   #1
M3orbust
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 srt

heated sterring wheel not getting hot

I own 2016 m3, last 2 days I turned on the heated wheel option and it felt luke warm at best not sure if it has somthing to do with the outside air temp , if it's a fuse , a heating element that went bad. One thing is for sure last year before i put it away due to snow and salt hitting the roads that wheel on cold days got hot and haven't used the wheel heat since then till yesterday. The heated seats are working just fine just not the wheel, any advice would be appreciated thanks
      10-26-2021, 08:22 PM   #2
Shubacca
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E36/7 M Roadster

Are you getting the amber light on the column and the advisory in the instrument panel?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 11:23 PM   #3
M3orbust
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 srt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubacca View Post
Are you getting the amber light on the column and the advisory in the instrument panel?
iam getting both of those, I think I may just have cpo warranty ending jitters. Drove it today put heat on max with blower motor set to low, turned steering wheel heat on with seat warmer and the wheel got hot right with the seats. iam feeling its a false alarm at this point.