Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-21-2024, 02:08 PM   #23
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Put some nice coating on the underbody of the car to prevent rust, install some good snow tyres and have fun with the LSD...
What coating are you applying?
Appreciate 1
hess63.00
      02-21-2024, 04:54 PM   #24
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
What coating are you applying?
I had it done by a shop with Würth products, including the cavities, took the wheel well liners out, etc.

For DIY coating, I can recommend Bilt Hamber out of the UK and their Dynax sprays.

To be fair, I power wash the underbody very regularly on all cars throughout the year, still helps too during the winter when the roads are saltier than my ex.

This winter is the first season that the car has not seen salt yet, though, very mild winter and I kinda avoided getting the car out even though it's now somewhat rustproof
      02-21-2024, 07:14 PM   #25
Coderedpl
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I'm completely used to AWD cars, with the M3 being my first RWD, i have some snow tires on it but I already got stuck in this car once, and the second time driving in about 5in, was a bit sketchy.

Might need to do studded next.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 02:28 PM   #26
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hess6 View Post
My car, equipped with Michelin pilot sport + summer tires intended for Florida’s climate where I originally purchased the vehicle, is currently in my garage in New Hampshire. It is, without a doubt, the worst car I’ve driven in snow conditions. However, I must note that I have not yet switched to snow tires for this vehicle, so I cannot confirm if it would perform better. Nonetheless, I believe my 911 handles snow more effectively due to the weight distribution over the wheels.
I drive my MS G500 in the winter up here.
Summer tires should NEVER see snow, it's a deathtrap.

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 4
The_Werm212.00
vkolp28.50
hess63.00
      02-22-2024, 03:58 PM   #27
vkolp
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hess6 View Post
My car, equipped with Michelin pilot sport + summer tires intended for Florida’s climate where I originally purchased the vehicle, is currently in my garage in New Hampshire. It is, without a doubt, the worst car I’ve driven in snow conditions. However, I must note that I have not yet switched to snow tires for this vehicle, so I cannot confirm if it would perform better. Nonetheless, I believe my 911 handles snow more effectively due to the weight distribution over the wheels.
I drive my MS G500 in the winter up here.
“Can confirm that my car that is equipped with tires made for warm summer temperatures performs terribly in the snow and in temperatures for which they are not designed”
Appreciate 3
      02-24-2024, 10:43 AM   #28
Kilabyte
I'm Batman!
Poland
Rep
Drives: Mineral White M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkolp View Post
“Can confirm that my car that is equipped with tires made for warm summer temperatures performs terribly in the snow and in temperatures for which they are not designed”
I think it was tire rack that did some sort of a 0-30mph test on snow with winter tires, all seasons and summers. Summer tires didn't even finish the test.

S55, 2JZ, M48.00
Appreciate 2
vkolp28.50
hess63.00