GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-28-2024, 11:36 AM   #1
Kanto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
2015 Bmw M3  [0.00]
Bootmod3

This will be my first time ever tuning a bmw (2015 bmw m3) so im pretty much new to this route. From the research ive done and the mods im gonna go with right now(downpipe, midpipe), it seems bootmod3 is the way to go.
However i don’t know if i need to buy any outside components like connect adapters or cables and what not.

Anything i should be wary about or on the lookout?

Or how would be the best route to go upon this?

Im gonne get set up on the app after work but ive been seeing stage 1 is a good option for me. Im not trynna risk my engine just for a few more horsepower since i don’t have the crankhub done nor CBC
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 01:33 PM   #2
b_w.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

you need either the blue tooth connector or the ethernet connector.

I have a bootmod license I will be selling soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2024, 04:50 PM   #3
jnag
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Avus blue/Sakhir ‘18 M3

Beware that just because you're only stage 1 you're not safe from crankhub failure. It's happened on stock cars, it's more likely on tuned ones. As for BM3 it's very easy to use, if you want a brand new license at a discount let me know I can get you set up. laptop with ethernet cable or a bluetooth adapter and your phone will work just fine

***Make sure you are hooked up to a trickle charger while tuning, not required but highly recommended. You're car will be doing a ton of spooky electrical things and hooking it up to a tender will ensure it has the proper voltage while relearning everything and will make sure you don't accidentally brick your DME
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 03:09 AM   #4
saint80
Private
Rep
Drives: 02&12 911 GT2 - 18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_w. View Post
you need either the blue tooth connector or the ethernet connector.

I have a bootmod license I will be selling soon.
This is correct, but let me add a bit more clarity since you’ve never done this.

You will need either an ODBII connector with Ethernet cable and a laptop, or you can buy the wireless adapter (I have both, don’t use my wireless as I don’t need on the fly changes and prefer the full interface).

A trickle charger is a good idea, although not mandatory as long as you have a strong battery.

Otherwise, follow the instructions and be patient when flashing and you’ll be good to go
Appreciate 0