proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

10-19-2020, 08:58 PM   #1
D3LM3L
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Question Used GHAS ECU programming / flashing

Hey all,

I have a used GHAS ECU coming in and was wondering if I should just follow the typical ECU programming / flashing steps using E-sys once I plug it into my car? Or are there extra steps necessary to get it to work? Does it matter which PSdZData I'm using vs. the I-step currently in my car (specifically for GHAS)?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 02:55 AM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Hi,
You can just simply plug it and code it. It is possible that you will no need to flash GHAS, just code. You can get newest psdzdata, doesn't matter for that.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #3
D3LM3L
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Hi,
You can just simply plug it and code it. It is possible that you will no need to flash GHAS, just code. You can get newest psdzdata, doesn't matter for that.

Thanks
Thanks for the info!

I'm not sure if this GHAS unit came out of an F80 beforehand, since the part number was shared with the F06/F10/F11/F12/F13 series. Is there a way to check and compared what software is flashed into it versus mine? Also, how do I know what to code, or can I somehow copy whatever coding is on my current GHAS unit to a file and then flash that onto the new unit?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 05:58 PM   #4
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3LM3L View Post
Thanks for the info!

I'm not sure if this GHAS unit came out of an F80 beforehand, since the part number was shared with the F06/F10/F11/F12/F13 series. Is there a way to check and compared what software is flashed into it versus mine? Also, how do I know what to code, or can I somehow copy whatever coding is on my current GHAS unit to a file and then flash that onto the new unit?
Just follow step by step guide how to code ecus.
You can check software number and calculate the correct one using tal-calculation in comfort mode.
Appreciate 0