ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

08-04-2023, 04:38 PM   #1
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

Experience with Benda Products?

Anyone buy stuff from Benda or know of US based companies with the same offerings? The alcantara items they offer

Appreciate 1
lavon2.00
      08-05-2023, 04:10 PM   #2
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

any good car upholstery shop should be able to do the same. i have seen the stuff from benda and it's quality work, though.
      08-06-2023, 12:10 AM   #3
MSlv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318i

I had ordered the nappa wrapped centre console with cup holders from them, very good quality job on their part, it looks absolutely amazing, excellent craftsmanship.

However…

It took a very long time to ship and customer service was not helpful… I don’t mind waiting as long as they are open about the true status of the job but they were outright lying that it would ship “next week” and some weeks later there was still no change in order status. I was starting to threaten with cancellation and asking for chargeback out of frustration with the customer service…

It arrived, finally, and I forget about the shitty experience every time I look or touch the trim… it’s just so beautiful!

Second thing, I asked them to supply the parts (the increase in cost I felt was worth it for me) and I sold my original trim to recoup some of the costs (was looking brand new).

BUT it seemed that they used at least some used parts, as the buttons were in a worse shape than my original ones and even had a small scratch on one of them. I just replaced the buttons with my own and all was ok but I didn’t expect this for the money the charge.

So… I would personally half heartedly recommend them because the craftsmanship is top notch but there were issues with delays, poor customer support and suspected use of (some) used parts.

Of course, this was my personal experience with them and it may have been an outlier. It was also during COVID…

That being said, I WOULD buy again from them because of the craftsmanship.

Maybe some upholstery shop would do a good job too but having an actual picture of the item proves that they have done it before and that there is no experimentation being done with your money.
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2023, 11:37 AM   #4
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSlv View Post
I had ordered the nappa wrapped centre console with cup holders from them, very good quality job on their part, it looks absolutely amazing, excellent craftsmanship.

However…

It took a very long time to ship and customer service was not helpful… I don’t mind waiting as long as they are open about the true status of the job but they were outright lying that it would ship “next week” and some weeks later there was still no change in order status. I was starting to threaten with cancellation and asking for chargeback out of frustration with the customer service…

It arrived, finally, and I forget about the shitty experience every time I look or touch the trim… it’s just so beautiful!

Second thing, I asked them to supply the parts (the increase in cost I felt was worth it for me) and I sold my original trim to recoup some of the costs (was looking brand new).

BUT it seemed that they used at least some used parts, as the buttons were in a worse shape than my original ones and even had a small scratch on one of them. I just replaced the buttons with my own and all was ok but I didn’t expect this for the money the charge.

So… I would personally half heartedly recommend them because the craftsmanship is top notch but there were issues with delays, poor customer support and suspected use of (some) used parts.

Of course, this was my personal experience with them and it may have been an outlier. It was also during COVID…

Maybe some upholstery shop would do a good job too but having an actual picture of the item proves that they have done it before and that there is no experimentation being done with your money.
Appreciate the detailed feedback. I'd be in the same boat - I don't care if there's delays but I don't like the idea they outright lied. Used parts when paying for supplied isn't ideal in my eyes either. I'll think about it and weigh my options before pulling the trigger.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 08:43 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Not familiar with the brand but please share your feedback if you decide to get their products

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 11:59 PM   #6
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Not familiar with the brand but please share your feedback if you decide to get their products
They do the best custom work I’ve ever seen and I’m very picky with attention to detail.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2023, 05:58 PM   #7
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSlv View Post

However…

Do you have any pictures of the leather wrapped center console installed?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2023, 11:46 PM   #8
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post

There really is a link here. However something about bimmerpost. It only displays in app. Not on web browser.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 04:22 PM   #9
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
Does that link really only show up on the app, not web browser?
Wouldn't put it past a FB owned platform
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 04:33 PM   #10
MSlv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
Hey, sorry for the late reply, I had o lot going on these last few days. Also excuse the mess...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0