GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-05-2020, 08:37 PM   #1
Alexander13.
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Ind.

F80 track car issues.

Hi All,

This is a long shot with hoping someone, somewhere has had the same/similar issues. The car is e85 tuned with intakes, charge pipes, downpipes and a full exhaust. Engine was completely torn down last year and rebuilt with a crank hub fix. I check this after every large event to make sure it hasn't moved.

So took my track car drifting on the weekend, by far the best car I've ever owned. However, there a few small things which are trying to kill me when drifting.

The big issue, mid slide, randomly the car will take it out of sports + with DSC OFF and put it back into eco mode and DSC ON. There's no warning or any form of engine light or Drive Train Malfunction either. Literally slap that M1/M2 button again and it is back in form.

Now, IT'S NOT A CRANK HUB! I cannot make that clear enough as its got a kit in it. After a full day of drifting and just adapting to this issue, I thought I should check the fault codes and has come up with the following:

D01646 Message (angle, accelerator pedal, 40.1.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D018E1 Message (torque, crankshaft 1, 40.1.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D01557 Message (wheel torque, engine 1, 41.3.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D01558 Message (wheel torque, engine 2, 41.3.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D0156D Message (wheel torque, engine 3, 61.3.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D01570 Message (wheel torque, engine 4, 40.3.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D01B3F Message (wheel torque, engine 5, 40.3.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE
D01A08 Message (wheel torque, engine 6, 61.3.4) missing, receiver ICM, transmitter DME/DDE

Has anyone ever seen this/had this happen under hard abuse?

Thanks Alex.

Photo for reference of car when it is on song.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
TopJimmy5461.50
n8dgr84173.50
      03-15-2024, 08:26 PM   #2
YounngB
Registered
Rep
Drives: F82 ZCP

Hey bro did you ever sort this out? I’m having the same exact issue/codes and it’s driving me insane. Except mine is during rolling anti lag, it’ll kick me out of sport plus into efficient n auto mode.

You’re the only person I could find w this issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 08:36 PM   #3
Alexander13.
Private
Rep

long story short. ECU earth ground on the back of the head was bolted the the engine mount and the left hand side engine mount 4 bolts to the block were loose.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 08:15 AM   #4
YounngB
Registered
Rep

Damn okay… SSR performance. Thinks it’s the anti theft device installed on my car from dealership. You think it could be that?

Mine puts me in eco from sport/plus during anti lag. Only time the problem happens. You think our issues are the same? Same codes as you.

Was it a hard job? Thanks. I can’t pm yet or I would. If you can pm me or msg me on ig younnng.s55
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 10:15 PM   #5
n8dgr84
572whp Stock Turbos/DP E60 Tune by Tier1Tuning
Rep
Drives: M2C - 6MT - Flex Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by YounngB View Post
Damn okay… SSR performance. Thinks it’s the anti theft device installed on my car from dealership. You think it could be that?

Mine puts me in eco from sport/plus during anti lag. Only time the problem happens. You think our issues are the same? Same codes as you.

Was it a hard job? Thanks. I can’t pm yet or I would. If you can pm me or msg me on ig younnng.s55
I have this same issue and am beginning to think it's the fault of the PTF Flex Fuel sensor since I have the original version which plugs in to the back seat area CANBus as opposed to the new one that goes to the passenger foot well.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2024, 10:17 PM   #6
YounngB
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dgr84 View Post
I have this same issue and am beginning to think it's the fault of the PTF Flex Fuel sensor since I have the original version which plugs in to the back seat area CANBus as opposed to the passenger foot well.
Mine I don’t even have flex fuel… I’m stock everything just stage 1 bm3 91oct. Everything else stock just on coilovers.
Appreciate 1
n8dgr84173.50
      03-20-2024, 01:45 PM   #7
YounngB
Registered
Rep

What issue are you having? Same in anti lag?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 09:43 PM   #8
Alexander13.
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YounngB View Post

It was a 10 minutes fix but Im a very competent mechanic. I also sold this car shortly after and bought another one
Appreciate 0