European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-04-2019, 08:41 AM   #1
Burstey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW e92 M3

Questions about buying a used M4

Hello all,

I am no stranger to BMW M as I sold my E92 M3 roughly four years ago. I ventured off into other cars such as the GTR and R8, but I've been itching to get back into an M.

I've decided that I want to buy an M4, but I'm struggling with a few things. First and foremost, is there a big difference between a 2015 and 2016? I've noticed the '16 to be marked a bit higher for similar or higher mileage.

I've also noticed that, over the past 6-12 months, the cars seem to have dropped quite a bit in value. A lot of 30k mileage cars are down into the low $40k range. Do you guys expect that this trend will continue or fizzle out and sit at this level for a while?

Also, are there any packages that are a MUST HAVE? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Joshua
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 08:43 AM   #2
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

I think the car is 3 years will be worth approx 10k regardless of miles since, things keep depreciating and don't bottom out....

comp pack if you aren't going to tune.

full leather...car looks cheap af with plastic
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 03:08 PM   #3
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burstey View Post
Hello all,

I am no stranger to BMW M as I sold my E92 M3 roughly four years ago. I ventured off into other cars such as the GTR and R8, but I've been itching to get back into an M.

I've decided that I want to buy an M4, but I'm struggling with a few things. First and foremost, is there a big difference between a 2015 and 2016? I've noticed the '16 to be marked a bit higher for similar or higher mileage.

I've also noticed that, over the past 6-12 months, the cars seem to have dropped quite a bit in value. A lot of 30k mileage cars are down into the low $40k range. Do you guys expect that this trend will continue or fizzle out and sit at this level for a while?

Also, are there any packages that are a MUST HAVE? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Joshua
Backup Camera (Only in Exec Package back then), and Active Driving Assist + Blind Spot for me.
Appreciate 0