Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-01-2022, 10:03 PM   #1
Speednate54
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, Chevy Colorado ZR2

Garage List
VSC-2 Remote lost need help

So I recently purchased an exhaust thats valved and it came with the VSC-2 controller however, the original owner misplaced the remote. From what I've read all of the controllers utilize the same code but I obviously need one to program the controller to my homelink.

So big question is, would anyone be willing to send me theirs to program and then I'll send it back? Also open to other options here but I can't seem to buy just a remote.

Thanks all!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 06:43 AM   #2
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT

Its probably just a fixed frequency remote control

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40107858782...kAAOSwffRd~-Lm

This is the remote. When i get home ill check the remote to see if its a fixed frequency or rolling frequency remote. If its a fixed frequency, you should be able to just buy the ebay link remote controls
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 06:46 AM   #3
Speednate54
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc View Post
Its probably just a fixed frequency remote control

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40107858782...kAAOSwffRd~-Lm

This is the remote. When i get home ill check the remote to see if its a fixed frequency or rolling frequency remote. If its a fixed frequency, you should be able to just buy the ebay link remote controls
I appreciate it! I have a fixed frequency remote here that's a spare but it didn't work on it. I figured it's probably a specific frequency for the VSC controller
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 06:50 AM   #4
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep

^ It will be specific. Probably 315mhz same as the one in the ebay link. ill check my VCS remote when i get home. If its 315mhz, you are good to buy the ebay link.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 06:52 AM   #5
Speednate54
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
^ It will be specific. Probably 315mhz same as the one in the ebay link. ill check my VCS remote when i get home. If its 315mhz, you are good to buy the ebay link.
Awesome thank you I appreciate the help! Hopfully it is
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 01:59 PM   #6
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep

Okay I checked my remote control. It does not specifically say 315mhz on the back, so no guarantee the ebay remote will work. However I bet it will. Why not email manufacturer and see if a 315mhz remote will work?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 02:01 PM   #7
Speednate54
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Okay I checked my remote control. It does not specifically say 315mhz on the back, so no guarantee the ebay remote will work. However I bet it will. Why not email manufacturer and see if a 315mhz remote will work?
I've sent a few emails already to them, I guess another won't hurt lol. I haven't heard from them yet but hopefully I will.

I appreciate the help!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 09:42 AM   #8
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speednate54 View Post
Quote:
I've sent a few emails already to them, I guess another won't hurt lol. I haven't heard from them yet but hopefully I will.

I appreciate the help!
Quote:
I opened my remote and it has a r315a ( 315 MHz) transmitter on the mainboard. So you should be good
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 1
dms-011129.50
      01-15-2022, 06:52 AM   #9
Speednate54
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I appreciate the help!
Quote:
I opened my remote and it has a r315a ( 315 MHz) transmitter on the mainboard. So you should be good
Well I finally got a response from them and they claim there's 600 different coding for the remotes so there's no way to ever replace just a remote without having one to start with.

So I'm back to if someone wanted to send me a remote so I can try and see if it links I'll be happy to cover shipping lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 07:04 AM   #10
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLife View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I appreciate the help!
Quote:
Well I finally got a response from them and they claim there's 600 different coding for the remotes so there's no way to ever replace just a remote without having one to start with.

So I'm back to if someone wanted to send me a remote so I can try and see if it links I'll be happy to cover shipping lol.
Oof. Sucks that the seller cant find either remote since theres 2 of them. With 600 different versions i doubt someones remote will work.

I dont use my vsc-2 anymore since i installed a canchecked vent display. I can sell you my system + 2 remote for $100. If you get lucky and the remotes work to sync then you can just resell the system.
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0