European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

07-19-2021, 02:42 PM   #1
g80_zayd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3CX

Led low beam staying on issue

Hi everyone, I recently converted from xenons to pre LCI LEDs. I've noticed that recently when parked outside, the green light on the dash for my low beams will show as "on" and even if I try switching from auto to all other modes, nothing changes. Then after driving for awhile, it will switch to my DRL which I have set as my parking lights (angel eyes) and I can switch again. Why does this happen? I had everything properly coded, correct harness, etc. I do have my windshield tinted so I'm not sure if that changes anything? I never noticed this with my xenons but it could've happened for all I could know. Anyone have any help or input? Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 01:03 PM   #2
marauder1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw F80 CZP, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by syr_m4 View Post
Hi everyone, I recently converted from xenons to pre LCI LEDs. I've noticed that recently when parked outside, the green light on the dash for my low beams will show as "on" and even if I try switching from auto to all other modes, nothing changes. Then after driving for awhile, it will switch to my DRL which I have set as my parking lights (angel eyes) and I can switch again. Why does this happen? I had everything properly coded, correct harness, etc. I do have my windshield tinted so I'm not sure if that changes anything? I never noticed this with my xenons but it could've happened for all I could know. Anyone have any help or input? Thank you
unrelated to you issue, sorry. but do you have a guide for converting from xenons to LEDs? I've got a 17
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 09:12 AM   #3
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauder1 View Post
unrelated to you issue, sorry. but do you have a guide for converting from xenons to LEDs? I've got a 17
I recommend buying the wire harness and coding from Marius who will also provide the instructions for the retrofit. I had a great experience working with him on my retrofit.
Appreciate 0