R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

09-24-2021, 08:35 AM   #1277
Jim45678
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 f80

Any recommendations for exhaust tips for Competition exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 02:57 PM   #1278
kwatkins12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB 15 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilabyte View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanielredmon View Post
What spoiler is that? Looks incredible.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/15325860586...01&mkevt=1
Just installed this spoiler. Great price and great fitment as well. Definitely recommend this if you are looking for something a little more aggressive than oem options and at not oem pricing. I was considering a horizon lip before purchasing this one but glad I went with this for half the price but great looks and fitment.
Appreciate 2
      10-02-2021, 04:05 PM   #1279
Jim45678
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim45678 View Post
Any recommendations for exhaust tips for Competition exhaust?
These seem to be working fine. What are your thoughts? In 70/ out 93/ length 90mm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...19323158%22%7D

or its better to get: in 70mm/out 93mm/105mm length

https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/10050...96690813%22%7D
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 09:58 PM   #1280
amberzombie
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: MG F80 ZCP

Garage List
2007 E90 320i  [0.00]
Does anyone know of a place to get G8X style CF paddle shifters that will fit the F8X?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 08:26 AM   #1281
aki1983
HanF82
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

very good
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 10:55 AM   #1282
Laguna01///M3
IG @WBucco
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 PB G80 6SPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberzombie View Post
Does anyone know of a place to get G8X style CF paddle shifters that will fit the F8X?
https://r44performance.com/products/...-f80-m3-f82-m4
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 12:45 AM   #1283
Zubz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 SS

Subscribed. Thanks!
      11-02-2021, 09:21 AM   #1284
M4J0R T0M
V8K1LR
Rep
Drives: F80

I’m picking up my new to me, 2016 F80 next week. It’s bone stock inside and out and I’m looking forward to making it my own. I’m not interested in spending thousands of dollars on OEM CF exterior parts when I can get nearly similar fitment and quality from other vendors so that is what led me here. First of all, thanks for all the suggestions. I’ve gone back about twenty pages and found most of what I was looking for but still can’t find a couple of thing so I’ve got a couple questions for some of you eBay/AliExpress/Amazon pioneers.

Is the crazy expensive shipping standard on the AliExpress stuff? Never bought anything from there before. The shipping on this lip is twice the sale price, $325 for shipping!

US $142.36 10% Off | Carbon Fiber FRP Front Bumper Lip Splitters Spoiler Guard for BMW F80 M3 F82 F83 M4 Bumper 2014 - 2017 Tuning Parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNsS6qA

I’m not dead set on that particular one though so maybe you could offer some suggestions from known good vendors. I would prefer either the matte black lightweight MP style or, the CF MP style with lower splitters. My car is going to be Azurite so the splitters aren’t that big a deal to me since they won’t stand out as much as they do on light colors. I'm not sure if all the MP style lips are designed to work with splitters or not though.

Last edited by M4J0R T0M; 11-02-2021 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 10:19 PM   #1285
TimmyM56
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 SSII/SO 6SPD

Looking for a new front lip, but I don't know if something on eBay or other sites exist. I like the M-Performance lip, but the carbon splitters on the sides just don't look good to me. I would get the Lightweight lip, but the little standoffs for the lip I don't like that look either.

Really I'm looking for a replica of the RKP lip, that's like the design of the M-Performance lip with no splitters, which is just perfect for me. Is there anything out there that would be similar to what I'm looking for, or second-best an M-Performance lip replica that doesn't have the splitters and there's no huge gaps missing?
      11-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #1286
6spd
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp

I just got these, coming in mid December. With a coupon… $6.73 haha I said why the heck not try them out. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/400057...be1e7ec&is_c=N
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2021, 10:49 AM   #1287
trungnguyen28
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4J0R T0M View Post
I’m picking up my new to me, 2016 F80 next week. It’s bone stock inside and out and I’m looking forward to making it my own. I’m not interested in spending thousands of dollars on OEM CF exterior parts when I can get nearly similar fitment and quality from other vendors so that is what led me here. First of all, thanks for all the suggestions. I’ve gone back about twenty pages and found most of what I was looking for but still can’t find a couple of thing so I’ve got a couple questions for some of you eBay/AliExpress/Amazon pioneers.

Is the crazy expensive shipping standard on the AliExpress stuff? Never bought anything from there before. The shipping on this lip is twice the sale price, $325 for shipping!

US $142.36 10% Off | Carbon Fiber FRP Front Bumper Lip Splitters Spoiler Guard for BMW F80 M3 F82 F83 M4 Bumper 2014 - 2017 Tuning Parts

I’m not dead set on that particular one though so maybe you could offer some suggestions from known good vendors. I would prefer either the matte black lightweight MP style or, the CF MP style with lower splitters. My car is going to be Azurite so the splitters aren’t that big a deal to me since they won’t stand out as much as they do on light colors. I'm not sure if all the MP style lips are designed to work with splitters or not though.
Yep, shipping is always going to hurt. I always compared total cost after shipping vs. something similar stateside. It's a HUGE difference. Don't let it deter you, you're still paying fraction of the costs. I would compare Ali vs. eBay, sometimes it's cheaper stateside depending if vendors have overstock. But shipping a lip requires a pretty big box, so unlikely.

If it's the MP style lip is sold as a combo, like yours, they are designed to work together. But people have run them without the splitter as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 12:24 PM   #1288
M4J0R T0M
V8K1LR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trungnguyen28 View Post
Yep, shipping is always going to hurt. I always compared total cost after shipping vs. something similar stateside. It's a HUGE difference. Don't let it deter you, you're still paying fraction of the costs. I would compare Ali vs. eBay, sometimes it's cheaper stateside depending if vendors have overstock. But shipping a lip requires a pretty big box, so unlikely.

If it's the MP style lip is sold as a combo, like yours, they are designed to work together. But people have run them without the splitter as well.
Yeah, if quality and price are similar then I'd prefer to just go with an ebay product that's already stateside instead of worrying about customs right now. No telling when I would get my parts.

Speaking of quality and price. Do any of you guys have experience with XPH? They seem to be really active here on the forums and get good reviews on their products. The pricing is in line with the ebay / ali stuff as well. If its the same money I think it'd be best to support a sponsor here and have the benefit of an established stateside company, even though their stuff is still from overseas.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 12:45 PM   #1289
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ZCP AW

Quote:
Yeah, if quality and price are similar then I'd prefer to just go with an ebay product that's already stateside instead of worrying about customs right now. No telling when I would get my parts.

Speaking of quality and price. Do any of you guys have experience with XPH? They seem to be really active here on the forums and get good reviews on their products. The pricing is in line with the ebay / ali stuff as well. If its the same money I think it'd be best to support a sponsor here and have the benefit of an established stateside company, even though their stuff is still from overseas.
I bought the V5 3 Piece Rear Diffuser, and the 3 Piece front lip set from them last month. I have the rear installed, and the fitment was 95% - this was with me doing it on my own in about 30 mins - I have body work being done to the rear, with a professional shop who will do the re-install better. My complaints about the rear diffuser are as follows: The mounting points for the center piece were no where near close to the OEM Holes, so I had to fabricate my own - there were no marks on any of the pieces as to where it would be best to drill for installation... the center piece when measured from underneath the car is roughly 1/2" High/Low from side to side, but its hard to see. Lastly, and this might be my biggest complaint; their packaging is not sustainable with the 100000000000 peanuts that came in each box! Other than that they all arrived perfect, and within a week from time of order. The front lip will be installed when I get the rear work done, so I dont have a review for this item.

Right now, the XPH M3/M4 CARBON FIBER FRONT LIP PERFORMANCE LOOK + SPLITTERS are going for 370 - which is a steal compared to EBAY/Ali- I bought when they were 529 - - buy from XPH - you get the comfort of knowing you will have customer service support. $412 for the V5 Diffuser
Appreciate 2
      11-17-2021, 10:41 PM   #1290
dawei213
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxKing View Post
Quote:

I bought the V5 3 Piece Rear Diffuser, and the 3 Piece front lip set from them last month. I have the rear installed, and the fitment was 95% - this was with me doing it on my own in about 30 mins - I have body work being done to the rear, with a professional shop who will do the re-install better. My complaints about the rear diffuser are as follows: The mounting points for the center piece were no where near close to the OEM Holes, so I had to fabricate my own - there were no marks on any of the pieces as to where it would be best to drill for installation... the center piece when measured from underneath the car is roughly 1/2" High/Low from side to side, but its hard to see. Lastly, and this might be my biggest complaint; their packaging is not sustainable with the 100000000000 peanuts that came in each box! Other than that they all arrived perfect, and within a week from time of order. The front lip will be installed when I get the rear work done, so I dont have a review for this item.

Right now, the XPH M3/M4 CARBON FIBER FRONT LIP PERFORMANCE LOOK + SPLITTERS are going for 370 - which is a steal compared to EBAY/Ali- I bought when they were 529 - - buy from XPH - you get the comfort of knowing you will have customer service support. $412 for the V5 Diffuser
Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for the BF special to happen. It'll save me 30%.

Do you have a picture of the rear diffuser installed?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:30 AM   #1291
EricP3
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by trungnguyen28 View Post

Yup, I bought a cf diffuser from aliexpress and while I am happy with it and the quality is good, it took about 45 days to get here. Seems like finding a good vendor on ebay or here is the better option than aliexpress.
      11-18-2021, 08:17 AM   #1292
BoxKing
I Rock Your Girls Box
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 ZCP AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawei213 View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for the BF special to happen. It'll save me 30%.

Dont forget to apply any coupon codes that they offer as well - right now their prices are far lower than when I bought my CF parts- so I'd apply the 5% cose now, and buy ASAP - this if you're not willing to wait awhile, since they will most likely get back ordered (get ahead of the game!)

Ill take a shot of the diffuser today and attach.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2021, 07:29 AM   #1293
louieeg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 coupe

Any reviews on CF side skirts?
Appreciate 1
TopJimmy5449.50
      11-20-2021, 09:41 AM   #1294
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

+1 for help on Side Skirts!

I need M-style in 1x1 CF to match my Vorsteiner lip and diffuser.
      11-20-2021, 10:18 AM   #1295
Jim45678
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

talked with them and they said:

these parts are wet carbon, 1 layer carbon, 2 layer fiberglass

not sure about other cheap manufactures but before buying you should know what you are really getting.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 05:56 PM   #1296
dawei213
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxKing View Post
Quote:

Dont forget to apply any coupon codes that they offer as well - right now their prices are far lower than when I bought my CF parts- so I'd apply the 5% cose now, and buy ASAP - this if you're not willing to wait awhile, since they will most likely get back ordered (get ahead of the game!)

Ill take a shot of the diffuser today and attach.
I didn't even see the coupon code until you mentioned it. Another 5%! Deliver of 2022 Jan but I'm fine waiting. I'm in the Northeast and probably won't put these on until after winter.
Thanks for the heads up!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 08:46 PM   #1297
M4J0R T0M
V8K1LR
Rep

Quote:
I didn't even see the coupon code until you mentioned it. Another 5%! Deliver of 2022 Jan but I'm fine waiting. I'm in the Northeast and probably won't put these on until after winter.
Thanks for the heads up!
Where did you see a coupon code?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 08:59 AM   #1298
dawei213
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up!
Where did you see a coupon code?
It's coupon code "Take5" without the quotes. 1/3 down on their black friday offer.
Appreciate 1