ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-25-2018, 10:50 AM   #1
johnnyjacob
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 and E46 M3

RW Carbon Product Review

Fellow BMW enthusiasts,

I wanted to provide my feedback on my experience with RW Carbon and their products since there are a lot of mixed reviews out there.

I ordered the 3D style front lip, M performance diffuser and rear spoiler. I spoke with Eric at RW Carbon via e-mail and he provided a great deal on the package. He set expectations that everything was on order and it would take a few weeks, so I appreciate his honesty.

I received my items and they were packaged well and with care. All items were in great shape and I was really impressed with the weave and finish. I’m by no means a carbon fiber expert but from my prior experiences with other cars I was very satisfied with the products.

Installation was very straightforward. The diffuser took about 5 minutes and was only four bolts. The front lip required drilling into the bumper. Hardware was not provided for the install. I used 1” self-tapping screws for the install. It requires about 10 of them. The spoiler was probably the most difficult install because the old spoiler adhesive was a pain to remove. I used 3M adhesive remover and just worked at it. It took about 30 minutes to remove. The new spoiler did not have double-sided tape on it for the install so I used 3M double-sided tape.

The fitment was great on all items. I could not be happier with the purchase. I would highly recommend RW Carbon for your carbon fiber aero needs if you’re looking for a quality product at a more affordable price point.

04-25-2018, 11:56 AM   #2
Zero_Cool
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 Imola 6spd

YMB looks great with carbon goodies! Can you pm the deal? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
johnnyjacob
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 and E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Cool View Post
YMB looks great with carbon goodies! Can you pm the deal? Thanks
Thank you! It does provide a nice contrast.

I sent a PM.
      09-26-2021, 10:10 AM   #4
J3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 zcp smb

Garage List
2011 335i xdrive  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyjacob View Post
Fellow BMW enthusiasts,

I wanted to provide my feedback on my experience with RW Carbon and their products since there are a lot of mixed reviews out there.

I ordered the 3D style front lip, M performance diffuser and rear spoiler. I spoke with Eric at RW Carbon via e-mail and he provided a great deal on the package. He set expectations that everything was on order and it would take a few weeks, so I appreciate his honesty.

I received my items and they were packaged well and with care. All items were in great shape and I was really impressed with the weave and finish. I’m by no means a carbon fiber expert but from my prior experiences with other cars I was very satisfied with the products.

Installation was very straightforward. The diffuser took about 5 minutes and was only four bolts. The front lip required drilling into the bumper. Hardware was not provided for the install. I used 1” self-tapping screws for the install. It requires about 10 of them. The spoiler was probably the most difficult install because the old spoiler adhesive was a pain to remove. I used 3M adhesive remover and just worked at it. It took about 30 minutes to remove. The new spoiler did not have double-sided tape on it for the install so I used 3M double-sided tape.

The fitment was great on all items. I could not be happier with the purchase. I would highly recommend RW Carbon for your carbon fiber aero needs if you’re looking for a quality product at a more affordable price point.

Now that you've had on the car for a few years- any updates?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 02:52 PM   #5
bensf82
@bensf82
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

******** overcharges by a lot, lol. most of their products are all the same cheap replica parts that everyone else sells, just at a ridiculous mark up because people who own M3's and M4's think more expensive prices inherently mean better products
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 03:05 PM   #6
M3god
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensf82 View Post
******** overcharges by a lot, lol. most of their products are all the same cheap replica parts that everyone else sells, just at a ridiculous mark up because people who own M3's and M4's think more expensive prices inherently mean better products
Bro I said the same thing most of these vendors are buying in bulk from Alibaba and aliExpress.. and people really buying diffusers and front lips for thousands of dollars it's really crazy
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 12:22 PM   #7
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensf82 View Post
then where would you get CF aero parts
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 09:24 AM   #8
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3

Yes, RW Carbon sources a their carbon from overseas, like everybody else. I found out years ago that RW Carbon gets theirs from CNAutoFans. After I cracked my RW diffuser on my e92 m3, I decided to give CNAutoFans a shot and sure enough, same diffuser at a cheaper price. The reason that RW is more expensive is because of their quality control. Thats what you're paying extra money for, unlike a cheap ebay part.