Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

06-08-2015, 02:40 PM   #45
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

To the OP, hopefully this will make you feel a little bit better: The first E92 M3 that I bought from David came with some hairline scratches on the hood that apparently happened from shipping, and he paid to have a local detailer in my area remove them. Car came out flawless after, and David was indeed a man of his word. I was also promised floor mats from David, of which he also came through on. The key is to be patient, as David is a very busy guy, but does indeed care a great deal about each and every one of his customers.

As for Steve Thomas BMW, I have not personally bought any cars from that dealership, but will be ordering my M4 through them in the next couple months, for the sheer fact that David is my sales guy when it comes to any and all BMW's. I'd be just as pissed as you are right now about the airbag, given the price of the car as well. At the same time, I feel the dealership will do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied.

Good Luck with everything!
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #46
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjabad View Post
You can always wait until you are ready to complete the survey which is what I did. I actually waited weeks before filling out the survey because my car did not come with front and rear tow hook covers and I wanted to see how long it would take for them to mail me the covers and license plates.
Yes, and I waited until at least while I was on ED....but I was advised that it was going to expire shortly and "strongly encouraged" to fill it out ASAP.

Incidentally, I emailed BMWNA ED about this flaw in the survey process for ED Customers.

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2015, 02:42 PM   #47
fjabad
Private
Rep
Drives: F80

I'm not taking any sides but even when taking delivery of the vehicle, having your advisor sit in the car with you and show you its features, how do you not notice that cut on the steering wheel?

Last edited by fjabad; 06-08-2015 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #48
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Two local dealers in my area have replaced 2 steering wheels under warranty in two different M3 of my own in 10 years, both for "excessive wear of the leather" after a year or so of normal use. A person not working at a dealer would take this as normal wear and tear. But two different dealers went ahead and replaced the steering wheels completely under warranty, no questions asked.

Your airbag cover is slit. Whoever told you at that dealer that "there is nothing that they can do about that" is an idiot. Because only a phone call to BMWNA can sort this thing out for you, considering that this was in a just delivered car.

Now, if the implication is that somehow you did this and not the dealer and therefore you are on your own then it still does not make too much business sense. Because then they really would need to prove that you did it, and not just accuse you of being a sleazebag. After all, you just got a $90,000+ car from them, so a little consideration of that fact is kind of warranted.

It does not matter how you slice this it just does not make any business sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM4ZING View Post
Thats the problem... To them, the car is sold and out of their hair

But to me, this is painful. i dread each day i sit in my cockpit and see that annoying tear

Last edited by Technic; 06-08-2015 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 02:50 PM   #49
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
Bluex - same here. I got the survey I think the same day I dropped my car off in Zurich - 4 days post-ED.

To me that seems like a flaw in the process. A lot of questions are asked in the survey pertaining to the dealerships performance of your specific car delivery - for the ED customers we get this survey, which expires after 2 weeks I think, before our cars are home. The surveys should not go to ED customers until at least 1 week post-delivery - something I plan to send an email to BMWED about.
Same thing happened to me. I was still in Europe and hadn't even dropped my car off yet. I mentioned that I can't comment on dealer performance yet and suggested that they send the survey to me in 3 months. I don't remember seeing another survey request. Too bad, East Bay BMW did a great job.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 02:51 PM   #50
BMWDavid
United_States
Rep
Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Quote:
Disappointed in the service received at Steve Thomas BMW...
After the long wait for delivery of my M4,
MSRP $91k+

My car had a scratch/tear on the steering wheel which i noticed a day after, and they told me that there is nothing we can do about it... Considering the fact that i picked up the car in the evening and with all my excitement, im sure i overlooked it until i saw it the next morning... brand new car and the dealer is just in it for the money and NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! BULLSHIT!

My Client Adviser, David (Who is apparently the #1 M salesman in the nation) told me he would send me M floor mats for the car but i still haven't received those or even heard from him

I feel like i got stiffed by Steve Thomas Bmw... They were all helpful until the vehicle was sold and they got paid
Sorry about the steering wheel issue. You let my assistant know you were not satisfied with the outcome of your experience at another dealership when you took it to them for service. The "they" in your post should be clarified. It's not fair to say we didn't provide good customer service when it wasn't our service department who indicated BMW would deny the claim.

Additionally your first contact to us at all about the steering wheel arrived as a text on 5/29 - almost a full month after you picked up the BMW. We really do our best to assist when it comes to helping out the forum community, but in this scenario we didn't have much of a chance to support you given your first communication about the issue was almost a full month later.

The floor mats arrived to our parts department as my assistant mentioned they would. They had to be ordered for you as we didn't have them in stock. They are being mailed and being paid for out of my own pocket. I hope this makes you feel better about your experience. My assistant will provide a tracking number for the mats.
Appreciate 6
      06-08-2015, 02:51 PM   #51
TeKiZeRo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M3, '13 GT-R, '14 MP4-12C

OP: Did you try to contact the dealer to rectify all of this -- especially with your salesman before making the post? I understand your frustration, but I can also understand forgetting the customer, if the sales person does not speak to you regularly. Especially when you wait months for the car. Talk to your sales person and see he will resolve it for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #52
AM4ZING
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 MW/SO 6MT, E46 M3 AW/IR 6MT

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDavid View Post
Sorry about the steering wheel issue. You let my assistant know you were not satisfied with the outcome of your experience at another dealership when you took it to them for service. The "they" in your post should be clarified. It's not fair to say we didn't provide good customer service when it wasn't our service department who indicated BMW would deny the claim.

Additionally your first contact to us at all about the steering wheel arrived as a text on 5/29 - almost a full month after you picked up the BMW. We really do our best to assist when it comes to helping out the forum community, but in this scenario we didn't have much of a chance to support you given your first communication about the issue was almost a full month later.

The floor mats arrived to our parts department as my assistant mentioned they would. They had to be ordered for you as we didn't have them in stock. They are being mailed and being paid for out of my own pocket. I hope this makes you feel better about your experience. My assistant will provide a tracking number for the mats.

I honestly don't need any favors. All i ask for is to have the flaw on my steering wheel taken care of.

I know there is warranty on the part and would like to put the claim in/ get my car repaired.
      06-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #53
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

I hope they resolve your issue so you can enjoy your new M4 without having this problem bothering you so much.

Since no one asked it yet, I will...

How did you get your car to $91k? With every package and option, including ceramic brakes, I could only get to $90k MSRP including destination charge. Did you pay MSRP? Are there not discounts on M4's?

Regardless of price, great car! Show us some pics.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 02:56 PM   #54
AM4ZING
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
I hope they resolve your issue so you can enjoy your new M4 without having this problem bothering you so much.

Since no one asked it yet, I will...

How did you get your car to $91k? With every package and option, including ceramic brakes, I could only get to $90k MSRP including destination charge. Did you pay MSRP? Are there not discounts on M4's?

Regardless of price, great car! Show us some pics.
I ordered every option besides DCT and also added MPE and a few accessories. Will gladly post photos once my issue is resolved

Last edited by AM4ZING; 06-08-2015 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-08-2015, 03:03 PM   #55
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDavid View Post

Thanks David for clearing things up.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 2
      06-08-2015, 03:04 PM   #56
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
It does not matter how you slice this it just don't make any business sense.
ROTFL.

Sorry for your troubles, OP, but I agree with the others that I wouldn't do anything impactful on the surveys until the issue is brought to a final resolution, no matter what that may be. Good luck in getting the part replaced, I can't see them not doing it, but what do I know.

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #57
Fastalpine
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3

I am curious why it took almost a full month to mention the issue and how you didn't catch it right away when it seems like a pretty obvious mark. No matter how excited you are to have the car, I don't think you overlook something basically right under your nose.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #58
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

That wouldn't be anything in the service dept; don't blame them. They'll have to charge the sales department for the airbag replacement. It wouldn't be a warrantable defect so BMW factory warranty wouldn't normally pick that up UNLESS they goodwill it for customer satisfaction. Either way it's going to be on the sales dept for delivering the car in that manner.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #59
AM4ZING
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
ROTFL.

Sorry for your troubles, OP, but I agree with the others that I wouldn't do anything impactful on the surveys until the issue is brought to a final resolution, no matter what that may be. Good luck in getting the part replaced, I can't see them not doing it, but what do I know.
Checked my email and indeed, i found the survey. Will hold off until i get some more news
      06-08-2015, 03:15 PM   #60
dkhm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 2020 X3MC

took a month to find an issue would be hard for any dealer to honor imho.

just speaking from being on both sides of the coin.

Previously:
1999 M3 2002 M3 2005 S4 2008 C63 2015 M3 2016 X5M 2019 911S
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:16 PM   #61
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
MSRP $91k+

My car had a scratch/tear on the steering wheel which i noticed a day after, and they told me that there is nothing we can do about it... Considering the fact that i picked up the car in the evening and with all my excitement, im sure i overlooked it until i saw it the next morning... brand new car and the dealer is just in it for the money and NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! BULLSHIT!

My Client Adviser, David (Who is apparently the #1 M salesman in the nation) told me he would send me M floor mats for the car but i still haven't received those or even heard from him

I feel like i got stiffed by Steve Thomas Bmw... They were all helpful until the vehicle was sold and they got paid

Now im stuck with a scratch on the Steering Wheel of my $91k+ M4...

Also, i can buy floor mats but if the number 1 salesman promises that he'll send them to me, then forgets about the customer, who voted him number 1?

Sucks to get fooled by a so called "top salesman" guess hes a salesman alright... Sells bullshit just to make a sale
You said you noticed the tear the next day and they told you there is nothing they could do about it. The dealer you are slaying said they didn't hear from you for a whole month after you picked up the car.

Since you raised this flag, please let us in on the whole story. Is anything missing?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:17 PM   #62
fjabad
Private
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastalpine View Post
I am curious why it took almost a full month to mention the issue and how you didn't catch it right away when it seems like a pretty obvious mark. No matter how excited you are to have the car, I don't think you overlook something basically right under your nose.
^^
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #63
Vigilant
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cautiously fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM4ZING
Quote:
ROTFL.

Checked my email and indeed, i found the survey. Will hold off until i get some more news
Hold off on the survey completion until your issue has been resolved. Keep in mind that you may need the dealership for future service, and I would hate for you to have an act of retribution laid at your feet.

Take a deep breath...relax...it will get resolved. Seems like the folks at Steve Thomas BMW are trying to rectify the situation.

2022 BSM G80 Comp X-drive
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:20 PM   #64
rmedeir1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW MW M4 - MPE, CCBs, all CF

Quote:
ROTFL.

+1

Aside for the posturing or genuine comments that has to occur in the forums, see what the dealership does and if not to your satisfaction then you should pursue other avenues. My experience tells me from other dealerships they will do you right and even if the steering column is hard to take a side on given you did take it home they should make it right on that too. Newport Beach, Mountain View, and Chapel Hill Performance BMW have always been great with me on things like that with no questions asked, which is why I went back to them and bought more from them.

The only dealership I had a problem with was last month was buying a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, signed the papers, and then SR nowhere to be found with the keys left in the door! I was pissed! I felt like a one night stand with no happy ending! Didn't even care to show me to how get the top down or anything. Yelp review was posted and boy did I get a quick and relatively satisfatory response back! But...who the hell should have to post a negative review for fight for the service that is necessary today? When my neighbor saw my jeep he went and bought one from the same dealer the following week and as advised did not use my SR.

Dealerships need to oblige the customers most of the time. There will be service appts where customers will try to claim wheel scratching, etc....but...dealers are smarter to catch that shit and rightly so. However, back to the steering wheel, that is questionable and something both sides will be at an impasse over...given reputations and reviews go a long way for future sales the dealer or SR in this case should fall on their sword (even if the customer approach is wrong) and be empowered to replace for you no questions asked.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 03:22 PM   #65
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle
Quote:
MSRP $91k+

Now im stuck with a scratch on the Steering Wheel of my $91k+ M4...

Also, i can buy floor mats but if the number 1 salesman promises that he'll send them to me, then forgets about the customer, who voted him number 1?

Sucks to get fooled by a so called "top salesman" guess hes a salesman alright... Sells bullshit just to make a sale
You said you noticed the tear the next day and they told you there is nothing they could do about it. The dealer you are slaying said they didn't hear from you for a whole month after you picked up the car.

Since you raised this flag, please let us in on the whole story. Is anything missing?
It sounds like he took it to another BMW store instead of to Steve Thomas for the steering wheel issue. I think that is where OP went wrong. He should have taken it back to Steve Thomas instead of trying a different service department. I bet if OP had taken it to Steve Thomas as soon as he noticed it, they would have resolved it for him without a problem.
      06-08-2015, 03:26 PM   #66
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Where can i fill out this survey? I would like to take this step
Easy Tex...wait and see what GOLFRR can do to resolve this issue.
Appreciate 2