proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

06-15-2020, 04:10 PM   #1
Likeanowl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3/ Yas Marina Blue

Previous owner screw up now my problem

I’ll skip the story but basically whoever owned the car before me drilled 4 holes into the front bumper to mount a plate. They’re tiny but extremely annoying. Anybody got a ballpark estimate on what it might cost to repair/repaint? Think just buying a new bumper and having it painted would be cheaper?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 06:58 PM   #2
Irma the imola red M4
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 imola red BMW f82 m4 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeanowl View Post
I’ll skip the story but basically whoever owned the car before me drilled 4 holes into the front bumper to mount a plate. They’re tiny but extremely annoying. Anybody got a ballpark estimate on what it might cost to repair/repaint? Think just buying a new bumper and having it painted would be cheaper?
It will cost more to get anew bumper lol.
Go to an auto body shop.
They will fill holes and putty and primer. Then they will spray matching color on the repair area and blend into good area then they will re- clear coat the entire bumper and boom perfect bumper no holes.
The silly dealership does that shit with the holes like really ?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 06:47 AM   #3
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeanowl View Post
I have the same issue. A high end body shop told me 600$ to respray the whole bumper (holes + rock chips).

I got black sapphire paint if that matters.

Can probably respray your bumper for 300-400 but it won't match hood and stuff if the shop isn't OCD and high quality.

Strongly recommend your whole bumper to get redone to fill the holes that's what every shop tells me
Appreciate 0