Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-04-2016, 04:43 PM   #67
flyaway
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: entry level M car,nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyasaxa View Post
FTFY

Great trip OP
@hoyasaxa Especially because I'm sure you weren't mean, this has to be one of the funniest ''fixes'' ever

Congrats for your trip OP, being young is beautiful
Appreciate 1
hoyasaxa701.00
      10-04-2016, 07:09 PM   #68
afisherunc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 (Sold) @downf0rce

Decided to check out my favorite website this evening after a long day at work and was so surprised and excited to see the thread was featured on the front page. I am happy and honored! Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2016, 07:29 PM   #69
afisherunc
Private First Class
Rep

Big thank you to all of you who responded. I loved reading your comments. Wish it was easier to reply to all, but that's tough to do. If you have any questions I couldn't get to, please send me a PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das_Stig View Post
waiting for that cow video. I feel like most of us will be sweating watching it.

great post and congrats on the new ride and great vacation.
Thanks for the reminder. I hope to post this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynNYBMW View Post
Congrats on the beautiful ride. Enjoy it and be safe. Hopefully one day I will be able to do Euro delivery. Btw the pic with the wooden squirrel is hysterical
You must do an ED if at all possible - it's an amazing experience. I'm glad you appreciated the "depth" of my humor because not everyone does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCHENTA View Post
Great trip! Raleigh area here we should get together and talk M stuff!
Let's do it. Hoping to connect with other enthusiasts now that I am back in a BMW. Maybe a coffee is in store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherivet View Post
Great write up! SO is a fine color but as a Tar Heel, Yas is the way to go
2010 UNC alum here! Wish Yas appealed to me more to show my school pride, but SO always won out when I saw it in person. Maybe a photoshoot is in store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Furby View Post
grats. hot car (and wife)
I'll send my regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I can't say I blame you both for smiling so much, that's a beautiful car and it looks like it was a fun trip

I got up to 1027 visible teeth and then I stopped counting so I could pay more attention to the story. Many happy miles together
Haha, thanks. I expect your number is part of the joke, but if you're being honest, I'm impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Fantastic write-up and pictures! Your iPhones really saturated the colors but they all looked great! During our Euro Delivery in May we encountered lots of rain. There is no substitute for bright sunlight!

And yup, Sakhir Orange is definitely the most photogenic color for an M3/M4!

I laughed at "The Dip" photos. My wife and I did this in our engagement photos in 1991 and again at our wedding reception in 1993.

Congratulations on your Euro Delivery and your Sakhir Orange M3! You're a great looking couple in great shape and you both looked very photogenic in all of your photos.
Thanks for the compliment! Yea, the phone photos definitely aren't perfect, but man were they convenient. Sorry to hear about the rain. That was always a concern, and we got really lucky with the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
Epic post, not sure what's prettier, your new car or your wife!
Thanks! She's *expletive* awesome (yes, that's intentionally vague!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyasaxa View Post
FTFY

Great trip OP
My feelings as well, haha, but what can you do?! My derpy look goes well with my mini beer

Last edited by afisherunc; 10-04-2016 at 07:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2016, 07:41 PM   #70
DentalBoy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
All look likes a great trip.

Now...

That is the cutest beer I have ever seen. Did it come with a warm milk too?

Seriously I didn't even know you could order them that small at the beer gardens.
Its called a micro brew!!
E60 M5 Dinan stg3,hiflow throttle bodies,coldair,evosport rear diff,Eisenmann Race sold
E39 M5 UUC short shift,UUC Corsa and More Sold
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2016, 11:50 PM   #71
Kingpin4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i/2019 M2C

Totally amazing!!!!
Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 08:16 AM   #72
emulajavi
First Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: MINI JCW F56

Amazing post! Thank you for sharing your experience!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 10:05 AM   #73
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SO/SO M4

Thanks for sharing, great read. Looking forward to the cow video I don't think you were at the right spot for the Neuschwanstein Castle shot though, seems a little far away and the wrong angle.

Congrats on getting your car back so fast and avoiding the rear diff hold! Mine was surprisingly fast as well and expected it back in less than 30 days, until I got news of the hold, ended up taking 66 days All is well now as I'm loving every minute of having it
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #74
yangapop
Rep
Drives: M240i

that teeth brighter than my future.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #75
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Very nice write up of a marvellous trip! I hope you both enjoy the M experience for many years to come.

Forgive me for this but you seem to be a cute couple, really cheering up the ambient even more in the pictures, wow! Godspeed!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #76
Bedista
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i

very cool. how much does a ED usually cost?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 08:44 PM   #77
marcva
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M345

I was just in the region though not for an ED 8^(. Glad you had a great time. As a fellow traveler there, I might not pay as much attention to Ludwig's shenanigans next time. I drove the kids to Garmisch and up to the Zugspitze, which was a great destination. I also spent 5 days in Munich and explored several beer gardens and fell in love with the Spaten Haus for dinner. If I did ED, I'd lay out more than a couple token days in Munich, though it's tough to carve out 2 full weeks to buy a car. Then again, I have a spanish wife who insists on a 2 week block of vacation in the summer.

Now when is the 4 door M2 launching?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2016, 01:07 AM   #78
m3rxn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: boosted Inline 6's

Congrats! Props to your DDS !
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2016, 11:35 PM   #79
marcva
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M345

Actually, if we're going to tease about beers, my son can outdrink you...though he didn't drive an M3 afterwards.

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #80
bmc335
Bimmer? I don't even know'er!
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 550i M Sport

Beautiful pictures, awesome car, great post, beautiful wife. Congrats on living the dream!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 07:01 PM   #81
afisherunc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalBoy View Post
Its called a micro brew!!
Ha, nice one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halewafa View Post
Thanks for sharing, great read. Looking forward to the cow video I don't think you were at the right spot for the Neuschwanstein Castle shot though, seems a little far away and the wrong angle.

Congrats on getting your car back so fast and avoiding the rear diff hold! Mine was surprisingly fast as well and expected it back in less than 30 days, until I got news of the hold, ended up taking 66 days All is well now as I'm loving every minute of having it
Really sorry to hear about your hold. Mine was apparently built after all of that had been fixed, although only just after!

Uploaded the video to youtube this weekend and it was muted because my car radio was playing copyrighted music (almost inaudibly). Trying another video sharing system now. Wish me luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Very nice write up of a marvellous trip! I hope you both enjoy the M experience for many years to come.

Forgive me for this but you seem to be a cute couple, really cheering up the ambient even more in the pictures, wow! Godspeed!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedista View Post
That's a loaded question and really depends on what you do and when you travel. There are a lot of posts on this forum and "the other forum" about costs, but if you have any specific expenses you want to estimate feel free to ask my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcva View Post
I was just in the region though not for an ED 8^(. Glad you had a great time. As a fellow traveler there, I might not pay as much attention to Ludwig's shenanigans next time. I drove the kids to Garmisch and up to the Zugspitze, which was a great destination. I also spent 5 days in Munich and explored several beer gardens and fell in love with the Spaten Haus for dinner. If I did ED, I'd lay out more than a couple token days in Munich, though it's tough to carve out 2 full weeks to buy a car. Then again, I have a spanish wife who insists on a 2 week block of vacation in the summer.

Now when is the 4 door M2 launching?
Munich was great, and I do wish we had an additional day there; however, seeing the castle for the first time was totally worth it. Next time our itinerary will probably be completely different now that we hit most of the popular tourist spots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcva View Post
Actually, if we're going to tease about beers, my son can outdrink you...though he didn't drive an M3 afterwards.

Yes, yes he can

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc335 View Post
Beautiful pictures, awesome car, great post, beautiful wife. Congrats on living the dream!
Thanks! I truly feel very lucky.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 07:18 PM   #82
afisherunc
Private First Class
Rep

Cow video is finally up! I hope you all enjoy, I didn't
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 02:31 AM   #83
schrdngrsct
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by afisherunc View Post
Cow video is finally up! I hope you all enjoy, I didn't
That xpel/3m clear bra could not be installed any sooner...

This happened to me the first night I had my car; a raccoon crawled all over my car then proceeded to "bless" the hood.

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 02:35 AM   #84
schrdngrsct
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedista View Post
You'll find pricing listed on (hundreds of) other threads dedicated to pricing/ordering in this same category... for starters its a 5% off Base MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 06:48 PM   #85
afisherunc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrdngrsct View Post
That xpel/3m clear bra could not be installed any sooner...

This happened to me the first night I had my car; a raccoon crawled all over my car then proceeded to "bless" the hood.

I agree, but I have to convince my wifey it's worth the extra four figures!

Any scratching from that raccoon or just dirt?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 12:48 AM   #86
schrdngrsct
Private
United_States
Rep

That asshat had some claws, left a few scuffs on the roof but overall can't complain since I put 900 miles on it from the autobahn and I didn't have a single rock chip when I dropped it off for shipping.

Now, this may be more appropriate in another thread; but check out the new 3M scotchguard "pro" series. Starting this year, as opposed to xpel, 3M offers a 7 year warranty for an extra $50 that covers non-accidental damage that occurs anywhere you have their film on - basically if I were to get a rock chip on my hood that pierced the hood and took some paint with it, they'll reimburse up to $3000 to repair the damage done to your paint as well as the cost to install the hood film. Not too many shops are partnered with 3M to offer the warranty, but I found the one guy who does in Seattle and I'm very pleased with the $1500 + 50 + tax I paid. oh yea... don't forget the extra $350-500 on adding in tint. Modern leather doesn't need aftermarket product treatments these days, but they do need to be protected from UVA/UVB to keep the bonds from breaking down.

(Just providing some munition to convince the Mrs... I recently won this debate against my fiance, and like you it took me years to save up to finally take ED so you can't cop out on the preventative measures)

And awesome color!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 07:32 AM   #87
afisherunc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrdngrsct View Post
That asshat had some claws, left a few scuffs on the roof but overall can't complain since I put 900 miles on it from the autobahn and I didn't have a single rock chip when I dropped it off for shipping.

Now, this may be more appropriate in another thread; but check out the new 3M scotchguard "pro" series. Starting this year, as opposed to xpel, 3M offers a 7 year warranty for an extra $50 that covers non-accidental damage that occurs anywhere you have their film on - basically if I were to get a rock chip on my hood that pierced the hood and took some paint with it, they'll reimburse up to $3000 to repair the damage done to your paint as well as the cost to install the hood film. Not too many shops are partnered with 3M to offer the warranty, but I found the one guy who does in Seattle and I'm very pleased with the $1500 + 50 + tax I paid. oh yea... don't forget the extra $350-500 on adding in tint. Modern leather doesn't need aftermarket product treatments these days, but they do need to be protected from UVA/UVB to keep the bonds from breaking down.

(Just providing some munition to convince the Mrs... I recently won this debate against my fiance, and like you it took me years to save up to finally take ED so you can't cop out on the preventative measures)

And awesome color!
Well you have a good attitude about it! Hopefully you can buff it out. Black is so sexy but I just couldn't maintain it. A huge stick flew up and hit my windshield and roof a few days ago on the interstate, but luckily no visible damage. I was fuming the entire ride home until I got a look, haha.

Thanks for the advice on the clear bra. I am sitting here waiting for my ceramic tint to be installed as a write this. Also, in contact with a recommended installer in CLT who will be quoting me an install soon so I'll have to see what product he uses.

On another note, was leaving work in Greensboro yesterday and got a very enthusiastic thumbs up from a guy in his 3 series. Love getting (and sending) these from (to) fellow enthusiasts!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 09:26 AM   #88
BMWjunkie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 Avus Blue/Sakhir full

I'm prepping for my delayed ED (now picking up on Nov 19th instead of Sept ) and wanted to go back over this thread for assistance and ideas. However, I can't see any of the pics now! The cow vid works and other replies with pics are visible, just not all the important trip pics!
BMWCCA #156196 since 5/1998
Current - F80 Avus Blue/SO - ED in Nov 2016 - Bootmod3 and BSW Stage1/Ghost Subs/Amp, '13 Ferrari 458 Italia, '17 X6M (wife's!)
Past - '12 X5 35i, '13 335i EBII/Black M-Sport PPK, '10 335i M-Sport, '03 M5, '02 530ia M-Sport, '01 330i Sport 5spd, '01 540ia M-sport (RIP), '97 M3, '96 328i Sport
Appreciate 0