BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-02-2019, 07:27 AM   #133
blinkme323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
SMB really stands out in the snow
I thought about taking my CS out in the snow yesterday but I couldn't muster the strength, haha.
      03-03-2019, 12:17 AM   #134
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
I am at the store right now. Not getting warm and fuzzies
Quote:
The m3cs did not work out, disregard folks. But look at my build !!!!!
Dude, WTH happened?!?!? You traveled 5hrs rt and no go!!
If I told you you wouldn't believe it.

Let's just say I'm waiting for your lease transfer. .... hurry up already
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 03:19 AM   #135
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did they bait and switch you?!

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 06:52 AM   #136
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did they bait and switch you?!
Gotta hear more!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 08:40 AM   #137
Kief
Major General
Rep
Drives: '24 iX50; '23 i4 M50

Quote:

Yeah, ur all talk with wanting mine...you'll bitch about the MSDs on top of ChiTown's upfront taxes!!! Haha!

Seriously, what went south?
'24-I20 iX 50; '23-G26 i4 M50; '22-G82 M4Cx*;20-G05 M50i*; '20-F82 M4CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F85 X5M*; '18-G01 X3M40i*; '18-F80 M3ZCP*; '17-F80 M3ZCP*; '15-F15 X5*; '15-F82 M4*; '12-E92 335is*; '11-E70 X5d; '11-E89 Z435is*;'09-E89 Z435i*; '08-E92 335i*; '06-E90 330i*; '05-E83 X3*; '04-E83 X3*; '03-E46 325Ci* *retired
Appreciate 1
arciga181728.50
      03-03-2019, 08:57 AM   #138
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
How did it fall apart? Did you back out or did they misrepresent the vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 09:02 AM   #139
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

For background, I've never had an m3. Just basic e90s, f30, e70, g01 and g02.

- test drove the the car briefly. The dealership has a real nice route with curves, Interstate, big loops. However the roads were pretty bad for about 1/3 of the drive. wife and uncle were in the back seat and hated the entire ride. They could feel everything on the road. Basically the m3 was was way too stiff. Not a deal breaker for me because I drive alone during the week.

- the front lip. I live in Chicago and we have alleys in the back of the house . That is how trash is picked up and he we get in the garage. No driveways. Also, my neighborhood is not "very safe". I don't park in the street overnight and would never leave the m3 out. Well unfortunately, some of the neighbors complained that cars were speeding in the alley and demanded speed bumps. There are 3 total, so I have to cross at least 2 regardless if I come in from the north or the south. These speed bumps
are beasts. They are not up to state code probably because it is an alley. I had my dad measure my e90 front bumper clearance vs the m3. The m3cs has about 4-3/4 inch and my e90 msport has a lot more clearance (all stock) that is closer to 6-3/4. I literally would wreck my front lip the first night and would continue to hit it everyday single day.

The finance guy suggested lease protection/ warranty to cover damages and not have to worry about lease damages in 3 years. .....Yeah Bro, let me drive around in an m3cs with a busted front lip and look like a Honda Civic.

**the main issue ****. I submitted the joint credit app Thursday and talked about who should be on the paperwork. Since my wife was going to drive out with me I requested she be included on the lease contract . I waited around Thursday night until I received confirmation that everything was approved. I specifically asked if my wife was approved in the joint app. She does not have any car history on her credit report. They said yes everything is fine.

After insisting I received a pdf copy Friday morning . I called out what was wrong with my name. I also asked why my wife was not included. I didn't get a response for a few hours ( I had CCd the finance guy, sales manager. And my client advisor. )

I wrote another email stating that out of respect to my wife I would walk away from the deal if the paperwork was not corrected upon arrival. It was rude to have her drive out 5 hrs RT for no reason. I got a reply back saying —-

"Since her name can be added, she needs to be here to sign the paperwork. The paperwork must be done today."

When we go to the dealership it turned into a bunch of different stories

-you didn't included her birthday so we couldn't process her app yesterday . You are approved.
- we can add her to the finance app ourselves on the back end. You are approved.
- she needs to submit a new application so we can add her to the paperwork. You are approved

So with the front lip issue and lease paperwork drama I decided to walk away from the deal.

There it got awkward for everyone. It turned into a car switch situation. "Which car here on the lot do you like. Let's make a deal. " I was offered m550i, m5 competition, offered to place an order for a g05 after declining. ......

Petty on my part- probably. But I wasn't feeling deal and I had already made very specific requests to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 09:05 AM   #140
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Quote:
How did it fall apart? Did you back out or did they misrepresent the vehicle?
No you can put this on me for sure.

Nothing misrepresented with the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 09:07 AM   #141
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, ur all talk with wanting mine...you'll bitch about the MSDs on top of ChiTown's upfront taxes!!! Haha!

Oh I'll be Ready kief.

First in line .
Appreciate 1
Kief4428.00
      03-03-2019, 09:24 AM   #142
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh I'll be Ready kief.

First in line .
U are going with Keif'e car? Won't u have same front lip issue?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 09:27 AM   #143
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davem2c View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh I'll be Ready kief.

First in line .
Lol. Kief won't be doing a lease transfer for a few more months. : I'll have time to grind down the speed bumps.

Jk jk. The lip issue would be exactly the same. When he offers me the car I'll decide. He has a ridiculous payment :
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 09:30 AM   #144
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh I'll be Ready kief.

First in line .
Lol. Kief won't be doing a lease transfer for a few more months. : I'll have time to grind down the speed bumps.

Jk jk. The lip issue would be exactly the same. When he offers me the car I'll decide. He has a ridiculous payment :
Oh I know, he and I talked for a bit before I got a swearheart deal in my backyard....
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 09:57 AM   #145
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:

- test drove the the car briefly. The dealership has a real nice route with curves, Interstate, big loops. However the roads were pretty bad for about 1/3 of the drive. wife and uncle were in the back seat and hated the entire ride. They could feel everything on the road. Basically the m3 was was way too stiff. Not a deal breaker for me because I drive alone during the week.

- the front lip. I live in Chicago and we have alleys in the back of the house . That is how trash is picked up and he we get in the garage. No driveways. Also, my neighborhood is not "very safe". I don't park in the street overnight and would never leave the m3 out. Well unfortunately, some of the neighbors complained that cars were speeding in the alley and demanded speed bumps. There are 3 total, so I have to cross at least 2 regardless if I come in from the north or the south. These speed bumps
are beasts. They are not up to state code probably because it is an alley. I had my dad measure my e90 front bumper clearance vs the m3. The m3cs has about 4-3/4 inch and my e90 msport has a lot more clearance (all stock) that is closer to 6-3/4. I literally would wreck my front lip the first night and would continue to hit it everyday single day.

The finance guy suggested lease protection/ warranty to cover damages and not have to worry about lease damages in 3 years. .....Yeah Bro, let me drive around in an m3cs with a busted front lip and look like a Honda Civic.

**the main issue ****. I submitted the joint credit app Thursday and talked about who should be on the paperwork. Since my wife was going to drive out with me I requested she be included on the lease contract . I waited around Thursday night until I received confirmation that everything was approved. I specifically asked if my wife was approved in the joint app. She does not have any car history on her credit report. They said yes everything is fine.

After insisting I received a pdf copy Friday morning . I called out what was wrong with my name. I also asked why my wife was not included. I didn't get a response for a few hours ( I had CCd the finance guy, sales manager. And my client advisor. )

I wrote another email stating that out of respect to my wife I would walk away from the deal if the paperwork was not corrected upon arrival. It was rude to have her drive out 5 hrs RT for no reason. I got a reply back saying —-

"Since her name can be added, she needs to be here to sign the paperwork. The paperwork must be done today."

-you didn't included her birthday so we couldn't process her app yesterday . You are approved.
- we can add her to the finance app ourselves on the back end. You are approved.
- she needs to submit a new application so we can add her to the paperwork. You are approved

So with the front lip issue and lease paperwork drama I decided to walk away from the deal.

There it got awkward for everyone. It turned into a car switch situation. "Which car here on the lot do you like. Let's make a deal. " I was offered m550i, m5 competition, offered to place an order for a g05 after declining. ......

Petty on my part- probably. But I wasn't feeling deal and I had already made very specific requests to the dealer.
Seems to me like you did not really want the car...

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 5
Clark_Kent2226.00
dezzracer1182.50
minn1914018.00
      03-03-2019, 10:41 AM   #146
DS_BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp, 22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:

Seems to me like you did not really want the car...
Yeah maybe you would better off with a standard or ZCP M3. No lip and suspension is less aggressive. I think that would correct your complaints.
Appreciate 1
arciga181728.50
      03-03-2019, 11:02 AM   #147
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

why do you want your wife on the credit application? how is that a deal breaker?

Putting up a bunch of sott excuses just makes it look like you are hiding the real reason. If you didnt click with the car that's fine too. I once had a deposit for an STi and sat in the car and immediately regretted it and walked away. It happens.
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 11:02 AM   #148
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah maybe you would better off with a standard or ZCP M3. No lip and suspension is less aggressive. I think that would correct your complaints.
You replied to the wrong post .

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 11:17 AM   #149
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
why do you want your wife on the credit application? how is that a deal breaker?

Putting up a bunch of sott excuses just makes it look like you are hiding the real reason. If you didnt click with the car that's fine too. I once had a deposit for an STi and sat in the car and immediately regretted it and walked away. It happens.
Yea, I didn't click with the car: a few post ups I said I didn't get the warm and fuzzies.

I thought people following the thread would see that.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 11:29 AM   #150
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
No lip, yes, but the ZCP cars w/666s are extremely hard/aggressive riding. I would fully expect the difference between a ZCP and CS, from a real-world comfort level, to be marginal at most.

Therefore, if you don't click with a CS because too hard riding you for sure, absolutely, will not click with a ZCP car.

I'm 43 years old and the ZCP is literally right at the edge of what I can stand everyday and our roads are generally okay or better. Don't misread me - this M3Z is the most fun/rewarding car I've ever owned, but it's brutally uncomfortable over broken surfaces. I could see a base car w/18s providing a marked improvement but who wants that?

Current - 2022 540XI M Sport, BSM/Black
Sold - many M3s and an M4
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #151
Kief
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Oh I know, he and I talked for a bit before I got a swearheart deal in my backyard....
Yeah, but we discussed my white one...the deal on my blue one is sooo much better!!
'24-I20 iX 50; '23-G26 i4 M50; '22-G82 M4Cx*;20-G05 M50i*; '20-F82 M4CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F85 X5M*; '18-G01 X3M40i*; '18-F80 M3ZCP*; '17-F80 M3ZCP*; '15-F15 X5*; '15-F82 M4*; '12-E92 335is*; '11-E70 X5d; '11-E89 Z435is*;'09-E89 Z435i*; '08-E92 335i*; '06-E90 330i*; '05-E83 X3*; '04-E83 X3*; '03-E46 325Ci* *retired
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 11:41 AM   #152
Kief
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yea, I didn't click with the car: a few post ups I said I didn't get the warm and fuzzies.

Oh, so you really don't want mine...make a DAMN decision man!!!!
Appreciate 2
arciga181728.50
CanAutM321115.00
      03-03-2019, 11:48 AM   #153
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Oh, so you really don't want mine...make a DAMN decision man!!!!
At your price point . I will tear down the speed bumps and not let anyone ride with me.

I'll make the sacrifice . lol .

Ok thread is getting very derailed. Carry on folks .
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 11:52 AM   #154
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, but we discussed my white one...the deal on my blue one is sooo much better!!
Details my man (I'm kidding I'll never post again when I get a good deal), lol. I got so much shit when I posted mine, no one believing and calling me liar in PM - but those that did and called the dealer got similar...

What u getting next?
Appreciate 0