Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

09-18-2016, 08:44 PM   #1
1PhatM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Bavsound Ghost Woofers Optimal settings

Hello fellow readers,
I just installed the Bavsound Ghost under seat woofers last week.
I followed all the instructions precisely, installed the gasket, and even adjusted the EQ settings to those I saw mentioned in a post I found on this site. I tried Bluetooth audio, USB iPod, XM, as well as USB audio of different formats. I listened to the various sources at different volumes.

However, I must say that I do not see ANY difference in the sound at all. I knew that I wouldn't be blown away by these woofers, but would have been happy with at least 10-20% improvement in bass. Most music I listen to has an upbeat tempo (EDM, Hardstyle, D&B). Can anyone suggest the perfect EQ and bass/treble/etc settings for this type of music? I would love to hear a better thumping bass, but have not been able to accomplish this yet.

Thanks in advance!
      09-18-2016, 09:07 PM   #2
chimp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4|2021 X4MC|2022 X4MC

I used the settings that Bavsound suggests in their email when you buy the subwoofers. I posted a review a few threads lower. I will say that you need to play your music above 60 and close to 70 to hear them come alive. Below 50, the difference is imperceptible in my opinion. My guess is you will have the same issue I did with just upgrading the subwoofers and that is when you get to 60 without changing the HK mids and tweeters, the HK mids and tweeters begin to distort and sound stressed. Ultimately, I ordered the Bavsound Stage 1 as well and now I have no complaints because you can really increase the volume with no distortion and bass is definitely improved.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 09:51 AM   #3
1PhatM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Thanks for your responses.
Yeah, I ended up turning the EQ settings way down so that I could turn the volume up. Only then did I get some noticeable bass boost.
I am still not impressed with the sound though, and from what I can tell the Stage 1 is a PITA. So I'll just let it be.