ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-09-2021, 02:27 PM   #1
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

Infinitas hybrid charger

Is this a good option for HP increase?

https://gp-infinitas.com/en/infinita...etition-m4-co/
Appreciate 1
Tecnniqe4197.00
      07-09-2021, 09:59 PM   #2
maddmatth
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | Prev:E92 335i, F82 M4

Sounds amazing, would make these legit super cars... or hyper cars???

But to handle this on a track you'll need to upgrade suspension and brakes too. And a one-piece crank hub for reliability. Probably wider tyres too.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 10:47 PM   #3
jninja
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
Is this a good option for HP increase?

https://gp-infinitas.com/en/infinita...etition-m4-co/
But why lol...for "600hp"? You can get that with a custom BM3 tune alone...

I'd go with a proven system already discussed in many many threads here PS2, Kratos, etc.

I dint get why you're considering this over something with plenty of reviews from forum members alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmatth View Post
Sounds amazing, would make these legit super cars... or hyper cars???

But to handle this on a track you'll need to upgrade suspension and brakes too. And a one-piece crank hub for reliability. Probably wider tyres too.
This comment hurt my brain... "probably wider tires".... It already needs wider tires stock lmao! let alone adding power.

And yes a crank hub solution is certainly recommend after adding boost- and even prior to in some people's eyes.

"Hyper car" with 600hp :

I guess I could consider my self hyper car owner now :
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 11:46 PM   #4
maddmatth
Captain
Australia
Rep

Look at the website, they have much higher HP options.

600HP with a BM3 tune requires high ethanol fuels does it not? A hassle for most people. And I can imagine high boost tunes on stock turbos makes turbo lag more noticeable. I felt this on my 335i and found the stage 1 tunes nicer to drive than stage 2+ as a result...

Wider tyres on stock tune? I don't really think so if it comes to track use. Once heated up on track, I find I can floor it with stock PSS tyres in second gear once I'm going straight. But on the street you can't build up the same level of heat... at least in the climate I live in, so I need to be careful when having fun on back roads. So for stop-light races and drag racing I can see the need.

And unless you've done more than a tune you'll never have a "hyper car". Otherwise we'd call those ridiculous high HP American cars hyper cars - the HP is no good without traction and being able to take corners at high G forces.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 07:41 AM   #5
Tecnniqe
Sad ///M noises
No_Country
Rep
Drives: ///M4 COMPETITION

Oh damn they offer TUV approval for these things.

Expensive but that makes it completely legal and you can register the car with it!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 12:04 PM   #6
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:

600HP with a BM3 tune requires high ethanol fuels does it not? A hassle for most people. And I can imagine high boost tunes on stock turbos makes turbo lag more noticeable. I felt this on my 335i and found the stage 1 tunes nicer to drive than stage 2+ as a result...
That's for 600 whp so around 700 hp at the crank. They're talking 600 HP at the crank which is what an OTS 93 tune makes. So $11K+ to fix the non-existent stock turbo lag and make the same power as a $600 OTS tune is just ludicrous in my opinion. Their higher HP packages will probably cost more than the car itself lol
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2021, 07:49 PM   #7
maddmatth
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
So $11K+ to fix the non-existent stock turbo lag and make the same power as a $600 OTS tune is just ludicrous in my opinion. Their higher HP packages will probably cost more than the car itself lol
Really, 600p tunes on stock turbos feel just as responsive as stock?
I'm impressed if that's the case. No heat issues if used on track either?

Quote:
The kit contains an ASA T6 compressor specially developed for this upgrade, including oil supply via the engine oil circuit. It also comprises an extended belt drive, a new air duct with a sports air filter, large-volume cast aluminum tubes, a die-cast aluminum charge air cooler between the compressor and turbochargers, and a reprogrammed engine control software, including an increase in the Vmax limit. There is also a new water expansion tank and other incidentals and installation accessories.
Fair bit of hardware included too. Wonder if it's for show or really useful.

Will be interesting to see how these turn out if anyone buys them.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 03:37 AM   #8
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Really, 600p tunes on stock turbos feel just as responsive as stock?
I'm impressed if that's the case. No heat issues if used on track either?
Yeah the stock turbos are fairly small so they're pretty responsive when tuned still. As for the track you shouldn't have any issues either with an OTS stage 2 tune
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 06:48 AM   #9
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Quote:
Yeah the stock turbos are fairly small so they're pretty responsive when tuned still. As for the track you shouldn't have any issues either with an OTS stage 2 tune
lmk what your wgdc is at 600hp.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 11:49 AM   #10
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
That's for 600 whp so around 700 hp at the crank. They're talking 600 HP at the crank which is what an OTS 93 tune makes. So $11K+ to fix the non-existent stock turbo lag and make the same power as a $600 OTS tune is just ludicrous in my opinion. Their higher HP packages will probably cost more than the car itself lol
You know what’s funny? I thought our cars had little to no turbo lag until I drove a Tesla model 3 performance. Haha now all I feel is turbo lag
Appreciate 1
HyeM3466.00
      07-12-2021, 04:15 PM   #11
maddmatth
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
You know what’s funny? I thought our cars had little to no turbo lag until I drove a Tesla model 3 performance. Haha now all I feel is turbo lag
Is it even "turbo lag" at that point? I'm sure an NA car wont feel any better in that sense, it doesn't rev up to max torque instantly either.
Appreciate 0