proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

11-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #133
8y8
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i; Porsche Panamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
I think education is the key. Knowing the product as well as all of the games they play. I'm well versed when it comes to negotiating and financing a car, so for me, it's relatively simple. I basically walk in with more knowledge than the sales people and speak fluently with the finance people.

'This is the figure I'm discussing with x dealerships, can you offer better and I'll give a deposit today' 'I want the finance at x, over x with x residual' and so on. I may have paperwork from another dealership, notes I've made doing comparisons, etc. It all gives the immediate impression that I can't be sold and I'm just a number for the monthly target.

Hard fast facts in the last days of the month to a sales team needing their numbers gets you very far. It does not earn me any friends, but it's not like their making me a hamburger and they're going to spit in it lol. Don't let them try and make it personal, it's not. I want to pay the absolute lowest amount and I make sure of it.

I bought my 2014 Audi SQ5 loaded for $99k when the best deals I was seeing in this $121k car were 108k. No one believed me but I ended up sending 5 others to the sales guy because I knew it was a killer deal.

With the M50d I just bought, I paid 2k less than the best deal I could find on a 50i with the same spec/options. The M50d is a 10k premium over the 50i. I shopped around, played the game and went in swinging. I ended up having to go to FNQ to find the right deal, but it worked. $137k for an M50d with almost every option. That's a $184k car. The best I could find in Sydney was 155k+ with less options.

Never be afraid to walk away if it doesn't feel like right. Always take the night to think about the deal even once you have signed, and don't be afraid to excersise your cooling off period if it just doesn't feel right. I did when I had a deal for a 50i but then made significant progress on the M50d. In the end I really wanted the M50d but I 'settled'. Thankfully it worked out and I didn't have to.
Thanks! Great to know!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 02:23 AM   #134
wados
Registered
Rep
Drives: .......

Quote:
Second hand M3 prices considering the latest drop are dreaming. Those cars are not worth more than $120-130k now, and that's assuming all desirable options. Why would you pay $140k+ for a 2014/15 with options vs $140k for an LCI with everything?

Just play a bunch of dealers against each other and you will get to these numbers, or close.

Keep in mind I said I was discussing these numbers, I didn't get a confirmed contract on an M3 at $135k, though I was pretty confident I would have got the deal across if I pursued it. When I was pushing for $135k, they didn't tell me to get stuffed, not even close.

$140k should be easy. The discussions I was having started at $140k with all of them. Some were willing to discuss lower, some not.

They are never going to give serious numbers until they know your are dead serious and ready to give a deposit. I was dealing with all of the dealers in Sydney, though with my M50d I ended up having to go to regional QLD to get the best deal.
Thanks for the reply. Thats what i was thinking that the 2nd models were over priced and was thinking around the low 120k mark
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 02:51 AM   #135
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82 View Post
Anyone got info on the service inclusive I could throw at them. They were saying they buy it from BMW and have to recoup the cost through the customer. I originally asked for Service inclusive plus then they got some spreadsheet that showed it was 7k! They were telling me they buy it from BMW so they are out of pocket where as I said it doesn't cost them anything as part of the initial deal?..?
If you can get signed up on the BMW Corporate Program.
All the servicing is then invoiced from the dealer to corporate, they pay for it.
Thus no actual out of pocket from your dealership.
http://www.bmw.com.au/com/en/corpora..._benefits.html
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 03:27 AM   #136
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

You don't need corporate for the basic service package.

There is a higher level package which includes brakes, etc, which are not included in the basic.

Perhaps corporate gives you the higher service package? I'm unsure.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 05:21 AM   #137
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25

You get it for free
Along with subsidised dealer delivery.
Depending on the size of your corporate, you can also get BSI-Plus which includes brakes, rotor and wipers.
One set of M4 rotors make it all worth while
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 03:42 AM   #138
robbo mcs
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and others

Quote:
You don't need corporate for the basic service package.

There is a higher level package which includes brakes, etc, which are not included in the basic.

Perhaps corporate gives you the higher service package? I'm unsure.
I got around $3.5k discount and 4 years servicing included with corporate. This was a discount on the already agreed price. The service package does not include brakes etc AFAIK. I think it may also include extension of the warranty to 4 years as well, but not 100% sure on that.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 03:56 AM   #139
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Deal done today. February delivery. Thanks for the help.
      11-17-2015, 12:40 AM   #140
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
And? Specs colour etc
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 02:06 AM   #141
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine*
Quote:
And? Specs colour etc
How's it going John?

Wanted SS and wanted it by a certain time, so the car they had included roller blinds and black wheel but that's it.

Wanted CCB & Park Assist but they couldn't get one by Feb.

Going to be the wife's car and mine on the weekend!
      11-17-2015, 03:13 AM   #142
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
How's it going John?

Wanted SS and wanted it by a certain time, so the car they had included roller blinds and black wheel but that's it.

Long time no talk Kamal, sounds like you were lucky NOT getting ceramics, based on what way has told me about his mates 3, also what I've read online in the US threads.

I was almost done on buying a 3 in azurite, then that other German car co got me again, only two weeks ago (she arrives end of Jan)

Enjoy mate!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 03:51 AM   #143
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine*
Quote:
How's it going John?

Long time no talk Kamal, sounds like you were lucky NOT getting ceramics, based on what way has told me about his mates 3, also what I've read online in the US threads.

I was almost done on buying a 3 in azurite, then that other German car co got me again, only two weeks ago (she arrives end of Jan)

Enjoy mate!
Really? I wasn't aware of the issues with it, apart from rocks getting caught in it. Dodged a bullet then!

Test drove one on the weekend and can't say I was overly impressed, didn't seem to have much 'urgency' to it. Hoping it's better over time!

What have you bought??