Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-20-2021, 01:22 PM   #23
rwdflush
Rep
Drives: BMW M3CS

Why not keep it? Its getting rarer each day and in a few years it could be a collectors car.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 01:10 PM   #24
wasya152
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3CS

I think the logical choice seems to be buy it out, wait and see, and then decide what to keep when the G80 is here, if it arrives in the actual spec that I ordered.
      12-21-2021, 01:55 PM   #25
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasya152 View Post
I think the logical choice seems to be buy it out, wait and see, and then decide what to keep when the G80 is here, if it arrives in the actual spec that I ordered.
Or wait for the G80 CS which shouldn't be too far away. With all the production delays and whatnot, by the time you would actually receive a regular G80 in your spec, the CS may not be that far out
      12-21-2021, 04:21 PM   #26
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Quote:
Or wait for the G80 CS which shouldn't be too far away. With all the production delays and whatnot, by the time you would actually receive a regular G80 in your spec, the CS may not be that far out
I gotta think the G80 CS is at least 2 years away.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 08:55 PM   #27
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Personally I would extend the lease if you can.
If you are set on getting rid of it, why buy it out and risk it getting into accident, stolen etc which would potentially lower its value significantly. Also if you buy it then depending on your state, you will need to pay significant sales tax. All this risk for a chance to make a few grand?!

Go take that $60k and dump into Tesla stock or Crypto and you will probably make more in 30 days. Lol
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 01:33 PM   #28
wasya152
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
If you are set on getting rid of it, why buy it out and risk it getting into accident, stolen etc which would potentially lower its value significantly. Also if you buy it then depending on your state, you will need to pay significant sales tax. All this risk for a chance to make a few grand?!

Go take that $60k and dump into Tesla stock or Crypto and you will probably make more in 30 days. Lol
If I could get money out and trade it in, I would do that for sure and not bother. However, if I just return the car, I get $0 back. Dealer is essentially giving me the lease buy out amount. So If i want to take advantage of the possible equity that I have in the car with this crazy market, I need to buy the car for $62k and then try to sell it. Otherwise, I just return it for and just walk away.

What I don't get is that the few places that I had checked out are all coming around the buy out amount, but there's isn't a signle CS for sale under $75000
      12-22-2021, 01:47 PM   #29
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
If I could get money out and trade it in, I would do that for sure and not bother. However, if I just return the car, I get $0 back. Dealer is essentially giving me the lease buy out amount. So If i want to take advantage of the possible equity that I have in the car with this crazy market, I need to buy the car for $62k and then try to sell it. Otherwise, I just return it for and just walk away.

What I don't get is that the few places that I had checked out are all coming around the buy out amount, but there's isn't a signle CS for sale under $75000
They need to make a profit. Give you $62K, add another $5Kish to restore and then sell for $70K to make some profit. A private seller might offer some more?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 02:22 PM   #30
Beastyy
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

If you do decide to sell, I would possibly be interested. I am somewhat local too. I have my eye on a couple 18 M3s but wasn't planning on buying for a couple months.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 07:58 PM   #31
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyfsu21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin87 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

My car lease is up in a month and trying to figure out what I should do. Where should I go to see what I can get for it?

Anyone done anything recently? If so, what did you get? My buyout is $62k and everything I see online for M3CS is listed for $75k-80k right now. Would love to get some $$$ back. I have a g80 on order but just got relayed from 12/8 to 2/6 to no date now so not sure if I should just buy out the CS or sell it and wait now.
I took my 2019 M4CS w/ 9800 miles to multiple local BMW dealers today & ripped up 3 "offers" because they were insulting.
Dealer 1: $69,000
Dealer 2: $70,500
Dealer 3: $73,000

I have 5 months left on my lease & my car is absolutely pristine with very low mileage. As far as I know, BMWFS cornholes you into having to sell back to the dealer & not places like CarMax or Carvana. I know all three South Florida BMW dealers I visited are notoriously shit but I had an afternoon with some time to blow. I think I'm going to let the lease run it's course & just buy the car as the residual is $61k. I hope you have better luck then me.
Dealer 3 gave you a fair offer. Pretty much what they would pay at wholesale.
Even with 9800 miles? 73k seems lowball even for wholesale. Either way, I'm not giving these fools jack shit for that price. I would rather park it in my garage and stare at it.
$73k seems fair. I'd trade it in. Local dealer offered me $65k for my 19 M4CS with 32k miles yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 08:10 PM   #32
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post

These take a while to sell. There aren't as many people looking to buy the CS as there are who want the regular M3.

When I sold mine back in July it sat on their lot for about 2 months

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 2
c12h231.00
ecitizen131.00
      12-22-2021, 10:55 PM   #33
umizoomi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 CS/SMB, CCB

I'm having identical issue. Not sure what my final decision will be about keeping or just tossing keys back but at 17k miles, perfect, w/ CCB's and fresh PS4S, none of the dealer, or reseller site offers make *any* sense. They value CS as a regular M3 and several have even said they'd offer more if it was 6MT

LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 11:36 PM   #34
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Market is hot for F80s - 3CSs are a rarity to some degree and many regular F80s are erroneously categorized as CSs. I think it has to do with how BMW assigned the VINs to the car and their production order. Plus I personally think a lot of people are stretching for their M3s right now, because CSs are not far off the price of '18 ZCPs yet they are sitting while $65-70k ZCPs are selling like hot cakes...

Seen a few 3CSs sell lately - $75k w/ 20kish miles is the going rate from dealers... one was even CPO. Hopefully that data point helps. 4CSs seem to be suffering from the 4 series discount, seen quite a few below 3CSs even though they are 1-2 model years newer. M4s in general get hit with an extra depreciation penalty when compared to the M3s in the US.
IB M2765.50
      12-27-2021, 01:49 PM   #35
bitterspeak
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Even with 9800 miles? 73k seems lowball even for wholesale. Either way, I'm not giving these fools jack shit for that price. I would rather park it in my garage and stare at it.
Despite how much you feel your car is worth, it's still a depreciating asset that is almost 3 years old. Dealerships have a formula that they use to calculate what they're willing to offer you. They also don't factor in hype and over-inflation that the used car market is going through right now. I'm sure their offer is always going to be advantageous to them but they also have to take on risk from not selling the car and the car sitting on the lot of 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 06:16 PM   #36
umizoomi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 CS/SMB, CCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterspeak View Post
They also don't factor in hype and over-inflation that the used car market is going through right now.

BMW dealer here just sold an '07 Sky Redline for >$19k

And how you explain market adjusted pricing?? They're all about hype and over-inflation, provided it's in their favor. My CS will sit in my garage forever before I let dealer take $30k profit on it. And for those new vehicles being sold at market adjusted prices, will they correct for that in the resale/trade in market? I think not.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 10:06 PM   #37
bitterspeak
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
Quote:
They also don't factor in hype and over-inflation that the used car market is going through right now.

BMW dealer here just sold an '07 Sky Redline for >$19k

And how you explain market adjusted pricing?? They're all about hype and over-inflation, provided it's in their favor. My CS will sit in my garage forever before I let dealer take $30k profit on it. And for those new vehicles being sold at market adjusted prices, will they correct for that in the resale/trade in market? I think not.
I'm speaking specifically about BMW not considering any over-inflation in their offer for your car. Not the other way around. Like I said in my previous post, they're ALWAYS going to do what's is the best deal for them.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 06:37 PM   #38
Tonyfsu21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, Jet Black, ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
Despite how much you feel your car is worth, it's still a depreciating asset that is almost 3 years old. Dealerships have a formula that they use to calculate what they're willing to offer you. They also don't factor in hype and over-inflation that the used car market is going through right now. I'm sure their offer is always going to be advantageous to them but they also have to take on risk from not selling the car and the car sitting on the lot of 6 months.
I get that, however, Lauderdale BMW used/new inventory is 0.0. There's literally nothing in the showroom it's like walking into a Rolex dealer looking for a stainless steel submariner. I would prefer to buy it and let it sit in my garage for a decade before giving it away to these jackoffs who have nothing to sell.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 08:02 PM   #39
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
The COVID days of dealerships paying high amounts for used cars are pretty much over. They quickly realized that they need to be making as much margin per vehicle as possible since inventory is non existent and that includes used cars as well.

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 06:49 AM   #40
Tonyfsu21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Stig View Post
The COVID days of dealerships paying high amounts for used cars are pretty much over. They quickly realized that they need to be making as much margin per vehicle as possible since inventory is non existent and that includes used cars as well.
Screw them. I refuse to give in to these asswipes. I will literally put my CS on blocks in my garage forever and just look at it (perhaps make it an art installation). These pigs won't get my money.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 07:06 AM   #41
nickl630
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3CS, 09 GTR

Quote:
Screw them. I refuse to give in to these asswipes. I will literally put my CS on blocks in my garage forever and just look at it (perhaps make it an art installation). These pigs won't get my money.
Speaking as someone whos worked in this industry for 15 years... you're taking this a bit too personal...

All three were no hassle offers to buy a highline luxury car off of you with no strings attached. No tire kickers, no negotiating. No paperwork issues.. just done. There's 100% a convivence fee for that. Some people take it, some choose to sell private and get more. No one will say you cant.

The second is... well the dealer needs to make money on you. They're a business. The high end market is VERY volatile right now with signs pointing to the market correcting. There's plenty of data on Camry's and Accords but a good 20k swing on ALL CS models (M3 and M4). Any dealer will be on the lower end of this range due to this right now.

Finally... all of us CS (and to a degree.. all F8X owners) need to come down to earth sometimes.. its an M3/4. An overpriced one at that. Some of us got great deals leasing or buying them for around 80k~ when BMW realized they weren't worth six figures. Some paid sticker. I love my CS and want nothing more than it to skyrocket in value but my experience tells me that wont happen (at least for some time, if at all).

I said this earlier and I stand by it.. 73k is a solid trade offer on that car, id be happy if you got 75-78k for it private. Of course there's nothing wrong with keeping it too!

I'll get off my soapbox now.
      12-30-2021, 07:07 AM   #42
nickl630
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3CS, 09 GTR

Quote:
100%, Carvana is still going strong in the Southeast though lol
      12-30-2021, 10:39 AM   #43
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Yikes. Who hurt you? Why are you taking this so personally?

Like others have said, no one is forcing you to sell to them. If you don't like their offer then go and sell it yourself on the private market.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. That applies equally to dealerships and private sellers.

'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 09:19 PM   #44
Tonyfsu21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yikes. Who hurt you? Why are you taking this so personally?

Like others have said, no one is forcing you to sell to them. If you don't like their offer then go and sell it yourself on the private market.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. That applies equally to dealerships and private sellers.
If you're in East Fort Lauderdale be on the lookout for the cities newest public art installation in San Marino Blue.
Appreciate 0