European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #133
kingikra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
kingikra looks like you enjoyed the Kochelsee area.

I'd love to hear more about your trip. The weather has really gotten more Spring like after Easter Monday. Before then it was still cold outside. Now everyone is removing their winter tires and installing summers.

Dackel
Yep... you're right. I need to elaborate some more.
On the second day I drove up north towards Nuremberg. As I mentioned before, there was a lot of traffic because of the holiday. The temperature got to 15 degrees Celsius at noon time so it was not that cold.
The road from Pottenstein to Tourismuszentrale Fränkische Schweiz is very nice for driving and because of the view. Although there was traffic, it was not boring at all!
Going back to Nuremberg I have parked where Dackelone has told me to and found myself in the middle of the old city (??). It is a very beautiful area where many tourists hang out.

In the picture you can also see the restaurant I ate at. It was delicious. From this point you can go down the street to the main street. There's also a nice market on the way and a lot of great places to drink coffee and beer.

The way back to Munich was packed as well but it passed fast so I'm not complaining

At the evening I went to eat in a very nice and tasty Greek restaurant not far from my hotel. The food was good. The service was good and was really crowded.
http://nureinmalleben.de/

On the second day I drove south towards Bad Tolz and from this town towards the border with Austria. It's not my first time there but it is always spectacular to see this view. From the border I drove up to Kesselberg and from there back to Munich. The two videos I have posted before were from this day.

On my last day I took a taxi to Marienplatz. Always a great place to hang and lot's of great places to shop and eat. I went again to eat at the Haxnbauer. I missed the great PORK KNUCKLE. It was very good again

Thanks a lot, Dackelone, for the great guidance and recommendations!!
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10527.50
      06-04-2018, 06:03 AM   #134
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Garage List
One of the best threads ever!

Are you guys up to anything this year or soon?

Since I've got the M140i I would like to ride along you guys now with a decent chassis.

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 03:18 PM   #135
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
One of the best threads ever!

Are you guys up to anything this year or soon?

Since I've got the M140i I would like to ride along you guys now with a decent chassis.

We will probably do a small tour to Lake Garda, in Northern Italy. Not quite sure of the time frame... probably in August.

Then again... I always enjoy visiting Stelvio Pass... but some of our group has tired of Stelvio.

Do you have any suggestions on where to drive Joe ?

Dackel
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2018, 03:42 PM   #136
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for replying Dackel

Thankfully I've had the opportunity to drive in some of the most beautiful roads in Europe since in the last 6 years I'm driving from Netherlands towards either Switzerland, Austria or lovely Italy. The route is always random and I end up sometimes in stunning scenes and gorgeous roads that I ask myself "are this roads that the guys - you - drive often to run the Stella event?..." - I just love those roads from Stuttgart towards the Alps. Black Forrest and Garmisch-Partenkirchen are just examples of stunning roads. Also I had the experience of Passo Sella .... Stunning ...

Anyway .. I'm definitely open to anything. I just would love to be again in the top of the mountain with my bimmer ...

Quote:
We will probably do a small tour to Lake Garda, in Northern Italy. Not quite sure of the time frame... probably in August.

Then again... I always enjoy visiting Stelvio Pass... but some of our group has tired of Stelvio.

Do you have any suggestions on where to drive Joe ?

Dackel

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10527.50
      06-05-2018, 09:38 AM   #137
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Grossglockner was pretty sweet last week. Weather was perfect.

Name:  01528209495.jpeg
Views: 403
Size:  391.0 KB

Name:  01528209501.jpeg
Views: 390
Size:  383.0 KB
Appreciate 2
Dackelone10527.50
      06-13-2018, 05:21 PM   #138
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Arrow Garda-Strada della Forra...

I realized, I hadn't included this tour of the Garda Lake(Gardasee, as the Germans call it) to this thread. You could travel to this area for the day(from Munich). But really a few days is a much better recommendation.

markymark666 told me that Winston Churchill proclaimed this little narrow road the most beautiful in Europe. It was pretty nice.

Also the town of Limone(Limone sul Garda) made for a perfect lunch stop.

Named as the most beautiful road in the world by the Frankfurter Zeitung 1913 and called as the 8. world wonder by Winston Churchill once, today nearly every prominent car manufacturer already staged its models on this dream road.

Furthermore it is seen in numerous film sequences for example in the opening scene of the James Bond movie "Quantum of Solace" in one of the most intense and spectacular action car chases ever. Seven Aston Martin DB9s were totaled during the filming...

Garda-Strada della Forra...

Name:  Garda-Strada della Forra   eitet.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  483.6 KB

1Addicts experience the most scenic roads in Europe: Lake Garda-Strada della Forra...
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443406

Appreciate 1
      06-14-2018, 12:28 AM   #139
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
So beautiful man! It's in the present day? Still snow on top of the mountains I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Grossglockner was pretty sweet last week. Weather was perfect.

Attachment 1836854

Attachment 1836855

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 12:36 AM   #140
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Oh man each time I see one of your posts I just think about going away ... In the good way

Dackelone are the roads in general nice to drive - I mean quality asphalt .. since this year I went to Breuil - Cervinia and the roads were insanely bad I've to admit. The location was gorgeous but to reach there it was a nightmare and I'm wondering what's you guys experience in what comes roads as Garda Lake.

Quote:
I realized, I hadn't included this tour of the Garda Lake(Gardasee, as the Germans call it) to this thread. You could travel to this area for the day(from Munich). But really a few days is a much better recommendation.

markymark666 told me that Winston Churchill proclaimed this little narrow road the most beautiful in Europe. It was pretty nice.

Also the town of Limone(Limone sul Garda) made for a perfect lunch stop.

Named as the most beautiful road in the world by the Frankfurter Zeitung 1913 and called as the 8. world wonder by Winston Churchill once, today nearly every prominent car manufacturer already staged its models on this dream road.

Furthermore it is seen in numerous film sequences for example in the opening scene of the James Bond movie "Quantum of Solace" in one of the most intense and spectacular action car chases ever. Seven Aston Martin DB9s were totaled during the filming...

Garda-Strada della Forra...

Attachment 1843008

1Addicts experience the most scenic roads in Europe: Lake Garda-Strada della Forra...
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443406

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 12:53 AM   #141
markymark666
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M135i F21

Quote:
Originally Posted by joao.toscano View Post
Oh man each time I see one of your posts I just think about going away ... In the good way

Dackelone are the roads in general nice to drive - I mean quality asphalt .. since this year I went to Breuil - Cervinia and the roads were insanely bad I've to admit. The location was gorgeous but to reach there it was a nightmare and I'm wondering what's you guys experience in what comes roads as Garda Lake.

You can see the video we took on our drive in the video below.
The so called Strada della Forra is an extremely narrow road. In addition to "most beautiful road in the world it is called the most dangerous road in Italy )You can see it at the end where an unsafe driver caused a traffic jam. The surface is great though.

The roads around lake garda (a bit offside the normal routes) mostly are narrow but in good condition. Here you can see another great road we took during last autumns drive.

Appreciate 1
Dackelone10527.50
      06-14-2018, 02:02 AM   #142
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
Awesome markymark666

The first video (and also the others) remind some roads I've been into. Beautiful!

The quality of the roads as in some parts of the second video are always a question mark - for you guys to define them as great that means that they're good enough to drive - I can understand that even maintenance of this roads are tough to deal with. There's no bus/trucks allowed to drive right? What about hotels and stay? Are frequent and easy to find? Also network availability namely 4G - can you guys give a heads up on this details?

Cheers!

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 05:58 PM   #143
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Dinzler Kaffeerösterei AG

Just incase someone is looking for a nice place to stop on the Autobahn while driving to Italy or Salzburg...

Autobahn A8, Irschenberg rastplatz...
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Din...1.902662?hl=en

PS: You can also buy an Austrian Vignette at the Shell gas station next door or at the OMV down the road.

Also next door to Dinzler is a McDonalds with the best view of the Bavarian Alps! I personally despy going to McD's... but I must admit this McDonalds is pretty nice.
Appreciate 1
dim635csi203.00
      07-07-2018, 03:24 PM   #144
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #145
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep

Zell am See!

Name:  01530998818.jpeg
Views: 348
Size:  437.9 KB
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10527.50
      07-07-2018, 06:21 PM   #146
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Zell am See!
The Porsche family is from Zell am See. It's a beautiful area. There is a private Porsche family grave there too(Ferdinand and Ferry are resting there). I've never been to it, but I have seen pics.

Gmund is not too far from Zell am See. Gmund is where the first 52 alloy 356's were built in the old saw mill factory. Helmut Pfeifhofer has a small but interesting Porsche museum there. Then drive down the road to see the old saw mill - across from the town's soccer field.

Porsche Automuseum Helmut Pfeifhofer... in Gmünd...
https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Porsc...1682!3e0?hl=en

I also prefer driving the GrossGlockner Pass from the Southern side to the Northern side.

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Porsc...3333!3e0?hl=en

IF you have already driven the GrossGlockner Pass you could take the Felbertauernstrasse back North thru Kitzbuhel and onwards to Kufstein.

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Porsc...8237!3e0?hl=en
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 07:00 PM   #147
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Zell am See!
The Porsche family is from Zell am See. It's a beautiful area. There is a private Porsche family grave there too(Ferdinand and Ferry are resting there). I've never been to it, but I have seen pics.

Gmund is not too far from Zell am See. Gmund is where the first 52 alloy 356's were built in the old saw mill factory. Helmut Pfeifhofer has a small but interesting Porsche museum there. Then drive down the road to see the old saw mill - across from the town's soccer field.

Porsche Automuseum Helmut Pfeifhofer... in Gmünd...
https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Porsc...1682!3e0?hl=en

I also prefer driving the GrossGlockner Pass from the Southern side to the Northern side.

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Porsc...3333!3e0?hl=en

IF you have already driven the GrossGlockner Pass you could take the Felbertauernstrasse back North thru Kitzbuhel and onwards to Kufstein.

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Porsc...8237!3e0?hl=en
Yes, it was a grand place to stay for 4 nights. The Grossglockner is right there and the weather was spectacular!
Appreciate 2
Dackelone10527.50
      07-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #148
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

I am planning my October 2nd ED trip now and I want to stay at AquaDome for 1 night. I believe this place is located near some alpine passes. https://www.aqua-dome.at/en/

Any recommendations to drive after I leave the hotel? Maybe stay at another night somewhere near by? After the area going to head North towards Rothenburg I believe.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 01:07 PM   #149
joao.toscano
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
That's cool chmura!

Are you coming to Europe in October? Bringing your M3?

Maybe you can join this group and we can discuss to meet somewhere around that time I'll be around Aqua ...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/*****************

Cheers,
J

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
I am planning my October 2nd ED trip now and I want to stay at AquaDome for 1 night. I believe this place is located near some alpine passes. https://www.aqua-dome.at/en/

Any recommendations to drive after I leave the hotel? Maybe stay at another night somewhere near by? After the area going to head North towards Rothenburg I believe.

HGT'2022 |
M&M-PerformanceCC
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 06:43 PM   #150
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:

Yes, the AquaDome is located near Solden(Soelden)... IF you drive a little more Southwards... you come to Timmelsjoch a very nice pass which leads into Italy. At Timmelsjoch they have a nice restaurant, ski lift to the top of the mountain and a cool motorcycle & car museum called: Mountain Top Museum.

You should also be aware that October 3rd of a National German holiday(Reunification day, when East and West Germany were reunited). Most places(stores/museum) will be closed in Germany unless it's tourist related.

Here is how you would drive from the AquaDome to the Mountain Top Museum. I guess it depends IF you want to drive further South into Italy...

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Aqua+...9607!3e0?hl=en

There are many places to travel to in Italy... here are a few close by...

Hotel Restaurant Zum Engel
Via Deutschhaus, 20, 39049 Vipiteno BZ, Italy

A.H. Bräu
Via Sacco, 1, 39045 Fortezza BZ, Italy

You could drive to Sella(Dolomites) or maybe Modena to see Ferrari/Lambo/Panini car Museums. ?

Or maybe a trip to Stelvio Pass ?

Since you mentioned Rothenburg O.T. maybe you should also visit Wurzburg or Bamberg or Nuremberg(NOT where the 'Ring is located). And then back down(South)to Munich ?

Near Reutte, on the German/Austrian is an all glass suspension bridge and castle. It might be interesting. Bring your kicking shoes though!

Highline179, Klause 1, 6600 Gemeinde Reutte, Austria

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Aqua+...1253!3e0?hl=en

All of the above places are in my ED Museum guide.

How much time do you have? And where are your must go places ? I really like Southern Germany and Austria/Italy. The so called Tirol area. Maybe a visit to Kufstein and the Swarovski Kristallwelten might please the Mrs. ?

The Schlossblick Hotel in Angerberg / Wörgl is really nice and charming. It's one of my favorite hotels that I have been too.

Schlossblick Hotel
Embach 1, 6320 Angerberg, Austria

And there is the always delicious Café Winklstüberl for lunch or Coffee and Cake. Yum Yum!!

take care,
Dackel
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 12:55 AM   #151
chmura
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes, the AquaDome is located near Solden(Soelden)... IF you drive a little more Southwards... you come to Timmelsjoch a very nice pass which leads into Italy. At Timmelsjoch they have a nice restaurant, ski lift to the top of the mountain and a cool motorcycle & car museum called: Mountain Top Museum.

You should also be aware that October 3rd of a National German holiday(Reunification day, when East and West Germany were reunited). Most places(stores/museum) will be closed in Germany unless it's tourist related.

Here is how you would drive from the AquaDome to the Mountain Top Museum. I guess it depends IF you want to drive further South into Italy...

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Aqua+...9607!3e0?hl=en

There are many places to travel to in Italy... here are a few close by...

Hotel Restaurant Zum Engel
Via Deutschhaus, 20, 39049 Vipiteno BZ, Italy

A.H. Bräu
Via Sacco, 1, 39045 Fortezza BZ, Italy

You could drive to Sella(Dolomites) or maybe Modena to see Ferrari/Lambo/Panini car Museums. ?

Or maybe a trip to Stelvio Pass ?

Since you mentioned Rothenburg O.T. maybe you should also visit Wurzburg or Bamberg or Nuremberg(NOT where the 'Ring is located). And then back down(South)to Munich ?

Near Reutte, on the German/Austrian is an all glass suspension bridge and castle. It might be interesting. Bring your kicking shoes though!

Highline179, Klause 1, 6600 Gemeinde Reutte, Austria

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Aqua+...1253!3e0?hl=en

All of the above places are in my ED Museum guide.

How much time do you have? And where are your must go places ? I really like Southern Germany and Austria/Italy. The so called Tirol area. Maybe a visit to Kufstein and the Swarovski Kristallwelten might please the Mrs. ?

The Schlossblick Hotel in Angerberg / Wörgl is really nice and charming. It's one of my favorite hotels that I have been too.

Schlossblick Hotel
Embach 1, 6320 Angerberg, Austria

And there is the always delicious Café Winklstüberl for lunch or Coffee and Cake. Yum Yum!!

take care,
Dackel
Yes that cafe you mentioned I already book marked from your other threads!

I will drop off the M2c in Frankfurt so I don’t have to drive to Munich. I pick up my M2c on a Tuesday (October 2nd) and drop off the car the following Monday. So I have 6 days with the car. So I would like to hit up an alpine pass or two after aqua dome and then head north towards the Nurburgring. That Sunday Nurburgring is open all day. Think you mentioned there is a small town near the ring I might stay Sunday night. Not sure yet. Monday drive to Frankfurt and drop off the car.

Going to Italy seems interesting. Never been. After Aqua Dome I would like to stay at another hotel in the area near a pass and then head north back into Germany. Any route suggestions?

Timmelsjoch and the museum seem like a good idea. Thank you.

Thank you for the response! Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited by chmura; 07-22-2018 at 01:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 04:50 PM   #152
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Yes that cafe you mentioned I already book marked from your other threads!

I will drop off the M2c in Frankfurt so I don’t have to drive to Munich. I pick up my M2c on a Tuesday (October 2nd) and drop off the car the following Monday. So I have 6 days with the car. So I would like to hit up an alpine pass or two after aqua dome and then head north towards the Nurburgring. That Sunday Nurburgring is open all day. Think you mentioned there is a small town near the ring I might stay Sunday night. Not sure yet. Monday drive to Frankfurt and drop off the car.

Going to Italy seems interesting. Never been. After Aqua Dome I would like to stay at another hotel in the area near a pass and then head north back into Germany. Any route suggestions?

Timmelsjoch and the museum seem like a good idea. Thank you.

Thank you for the response! Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Ok...

How about some of these routes...

1st Day's Driving...

BMW Welt

Café Winklstüberl, Leitzachtalstraße 68, 83730 Fischbachau

Feuriger Tatzlwurm -
Hotelresort & SPA, Tatzelwurmstraße 1, 83080 Oberaudorf
(there is a nice waterfall here you can go to explore. IF not just enjoy the twisty roads down into Austria.

Stay the night at Hotel Schlossblick, ask for Karina. They have a nice four course meal that comes with the half board room. Ask for one of the new rooms that looks behind the hotel. Something about this hotel that I really like up in the Austrian mountains and in nature. Horses up front in the stable next door, fish in the small creek up front, and a gorgeous mountain behind the hotel.

Hotel Kraftquelle Schlossblick in Angerberg / Wörgl, Embach 1, 6320 Angerberg, Austria

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/BMW+W...3043!3e0?hl=en

Hotel Kraftquelle Schlossblick gets it's name(Schlossblick = View of the Castle) from the Mariastein Schloss(Castle) just down the street from the hotel.

From Hotel Schlossblick(maybe drive the morning you depart) there is a nice short alpine road... I'd say its a 30 minute quick drive. The road dead ends in Brandenberg or a few villages later. Just drive to the big Fire Dept and then turn around. It makes for a nice quick drive in the twisties.

Mariatal, 6233, Austria to Brandenberg, 6234, Austria

Drive like this from Hotel Schlossblick to Brandenberg(A)
https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Hotel...6621!3e0?hl=en

Some other places of interest around Munich...

Andechs
Bergstraße 2, 82346 Andechs
www.andechs.de

Andechs hilltop benedictine monastery, church & medieval pilgrimage center with a brewery & a beer garden. This place has some AWESOME food and beer!

Kochel am See
A hydro electric plant that uses the dam'd up lake to make power.

Erlebniskraftwerk Walchenseekraftwerk
Altjoch 21,
82431 Kochel am See
www.uniper.energy.de

Maybe a route like this... ?
https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Klost...3018!3e0?hl=en

2nd Day's Driving...

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Hotel...3602!3e0?hl=en

IF you drive to Stelvio... maybe stay at Hotel Perego at the summit of the mountain. Stelvio gets eerily quiet at night. Francesca and Victor own Hotel Perego and are really nice people. The hotel is quite vintage but it's clean. And Victor and Francesca are great people. They have some signed photos of the Ferrari test driver's at the coffee bar. Ask Victor to tell you some stories of the bicycle racers and the Ferrari test driver's unofficial time up Stelvio!

Hotel Perego
23032 Bormio, Province of Sondrio, Italy
www.hotelperego.it

IF you don't want to stay at the top of Stelvio... about an hour away in Pfunds, Austria is a really great hotel. Becarefull bc there is another hotel in this village with a similar name.

Posthotel Pfunds
Stuben 32,
6542 Pfunds, Austria

www.post-pfunds.at

The Posthotel Pfunds is probably my second all time favorite hotel that I have frequented. Also go with "half board" because the dinner is quite nice here. Go for a walk down the street to the Inn Brücke. It makes for a nice photo shoot with your car on the bridge!

There are many cute little stores in Pfunds... there is this small little hardware store(Köhle Peter) where I always buy some real Austrian cow-bells from.

Köhle Peter
https://www.google.de/maps/place/K%C....5375376?hl=en

Also directly behind the Posthotel Pfunds is this little deli that has awesome Troiler foods and items: Plangger Delicat OG

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Pla...0.535864?hl=en

Day three...

From Stelvio or Pfunds... I think I would drive North this way...

Maybe stopping for lunch is Lindau (Bodensee aka Lake Konstanz)

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/''/Po...7628!3e0?hl=en

Other interesting places around Lindau are...

Friedrichshafen - Friedrichshafen Zeppelin Museum
Seestraße 22, 88045 Friedrichshafen

www.zeppelin-museum.de

Dornier Museum - airplane museum
Claude-Dornier-Platz 1, 88046 Friedrichshafen

www.dorniermuseum.de

Affenberg Salem (Ape Hill)
Mendlishauser Hof,
88682 Salem

www.affenberg-salem.de

A sort of Zoo that you walk inside of(on this mountain side) and you can feed the small Apes & Monkeys popcorn.

Wangen im Allgäu

Blaue Traube, Zunfthausgasse 10, 88239 Wangen im Allgäu

The Blaue Traube(The Blue Grape) is my 3rd mst favorite hotel. Ask for one of the penthouse rooms in the main house. They are amazing. The food is really good here and the hotel is family run. This city is small but cool. You can see the Germanic frescos on the town square and just see Germany how it looked in the 1930's. This city has a small walled in town that makes it special. I love staying here. I also like walking around this small city.

Day four...

Blaue Traube to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Nurburgring

Maybe stay at the Lindnerhof Hotel in Nurburgring

Lindner Congress & Motorsport Hotel Nürburgring, Stefan-Bellof-Straße, 53520 Nürburg

or the Dorint Hotel
Dorint Am Nuerburgring Hocheifel

Or for a smaller type personal hotel maybe stay at Apex

Apex Nürburg
Hauptstraße 25, 53520 Nürburg

www.apex-nuerburg.com

APEX has track rentals from as little as 50 euros per lap(including fuel and Ring ticket) or even a Ring Taxi lap.

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Blaue...3288!3e0?hl=en

Day Five...

In and near Frankfurt...

Klassikstadt - classic car storage location with tons of cool cars open to the public. Also a nice restaurant is located here.

Klassikstadt Frankfurt
Orber Str. 4A, 60386 Frankfurt am Main

www.klassikstadt.de

On the A5 Autobahn heading South... (Just south of the A3 and A5 autobahn crossing)

Bernd Rosemeyer Memorial
64546 Mörfelden-Walldorf

This is the place where Bernd Rosemeyer crashed his Auto Union doing excess of 440 kph in the late 1930's. ('36 ?). Its just after the Cargo City Exit but before the Mörfelden-Walldorf exit. Park at the rest platz and walk some 100 meters behind the Autobahn guard rail. Quite interesting.

Day Six...

Maybe a quick trip to Heidelberg for the day ?

Just North of Heidelberg is a small semi ruined castle called: Burg Strahlenburg. Might make for a nice place for a memorable meal.

Burg Strahlenburg
69198 Schriesheim

www.strahlenburg-schriesheim.de

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Bur....6694538?hl=en

Cochem...

Near the 'Ring is Cochem... located on the beautiful Mosel River. You can park at the city park haus and take a chair lift UP to the hill that over looks the city. Have some cake and coffee. They even take your picture as you JUST reach the top. It's a nice place.

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Coc...7.161305?hl=en

There is also a nice huge castle in Cochem... that is worth seeing.

Cochem Castle - Reichsburg Cochem
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Coc....1670556?hl=en

And IF you have more time around the Mosel... Bernkastel-Kues is also a nice little town to go see.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe staying down in Berchtesgaden, drive the Panoramastrasse road or go to Hitler's Eagle Nest or Konigssee(lake, very touristy). I really enjoy driving the Panoramastrasse... but it might be too much ?

Ok, let me know how I did.

take care,
Dackel
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 05:06 PM   #153
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Modena must visit car places...

chmura IF you want to drive further South into Northern Italy... I would say these are the must see places...

The official Ferrari Museum and Factory in Marenello...
Museo Ferrari, Via Alfredo Dino Ferrari, 43, 41053 Maranello MO, Italy

The new-er F-Museum in downtown Modena. This is where Enzo lived and built his first Alfa race cars. The museum is fairly new and pretty modern.
Enzo Ferrari Museum, Via Paolo Ferrari, 85, 41121 Modena MO, Italy

The unofficial Lambo museum but ohh so cool. Much more interesting than official factory museum which is sort of a Lambo showroom
Museo Ferruccio Lamborghini, Strada provinciale 4 Galliera Sud, 319, 40050 Casette di Funo BO, Italy

The official Lambo Museum & Factory
Museo Lamborghini, Via Modena, 12, 40019 Sant'Agata Bolognese BO, Italy

A really large(by EU standards) shopping mall. I like going to the Iper Coop grocery store here bc it's HUGE and has always interesting foods. Huge wedges of Parmesan cheese or meats. Plus they have a gas station here that always has the cheapest fuel you will find in Italy. Btw... gas is normal over two euros in Italy, while this station sells it for 1.50 or so.
Grandemilia, Modena, Via Emilia Ovest, 1480, 41123 Modena MO, Italy

Verona...
Museo Nicolis, Viale Postumia, 71, 37069 Villafranca di Verona VR, Italy

Be also sure to stay the night and walk around Verona city. They have a colosseum and streets lined with white carrera marble. This is Romeo and Juliet's city.

https://www.google.de/maps/dir/Museo...2506!3e0?hl=en
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 11:56 PM   #154
chmura
Colonel
Rep

dackelone thank you so much! Lots of stuff to digest. Tomorrow I will spent a couple hours researching all your suggestions and planning my route. My last ED we drove little too much so I want to drive less between hotels during my 2nd ED.

One more thing. Does it snow very early in October in these passes? I know weather is unpredictable. I emailed aquadome staff and they said they got the first seasons snow late October. So hopefully this stays the same for this season as I don’t want to drive a new car in snowy conditions with summer tires.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10527.50