European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

08-30-2020, 11:08 AM   #1
nikobmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: F83 BMW M4

Unhappy F83 M4 DriveTrain malfunction

Hi, So I have had this persisting problem for the longest time now on my F83 M4 and cant figure out whats causing it so and insight would be greatly appreciated.
I will randomly get the code 112601 Injector Cylinder 7, Control: Line Interruption, which makes no sense because its an inline 6 but I believe its just a generic code meaning cylinder 6, anyway its very weird because the car will perform great but at idle and at regular driving and will have like hiccups ever so often where it feels almost like a very slight misfire, and at idle like a slight stumble, like normally driving around the city I can feel it go bup bup randomly under normal calm acceleration. Car will pull like a Bat out of hell if I give it WOT but driving it around normally it will do this and ever so often give me drivetrain malfunction and throw me into limp mode giving me the same code listed above ^ every single time, no other codes included.
I already changed all my Injectors with brand New Bosch Ones with all new Decoupling elements and changed to all new coil packs and have changed out 3 different sets of NGK 97506 Spark Plugs and gapped them accordingly to 0.022 as per instructed by Bootmod3. I changed and replaced all new gaskets for the Intake Manifold and Throttle body. I changed my O2 sensors as well. There is no coolant in my intake. I changed My top mount Intercooler out and Upgraded to a VRSF Top Mount to avoid running into the problems of leaking the OEM top mount has. So at this point I am stumped, I changed tunes as well thinking this could be this issue but it still persists, I went from Stage 2 AGG OTS to Cary Jordan, he custom tuned and 93 map for me and a E85 map as well, which have been great but still didnt fix my issue. So I now Im stuck with this amazing beast with a constant problem, if anyone has any ideas or has experienced this problem, please help.
Mod List:
VRSF Top Mount Intercooler
VRSF Charge Pipes and J Pipe
VRSF Catless Down Pipes
Secondary Cat delete
Charcoal Filter delete
NGK 97506 1 step colder spark plugs gapped to 0.022
Insane Performance 1 Piece Crankhub
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 04:55 PM   #2
bsmf8x
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Cylinder 7 lmaoo

Seems like you did everything I would've, have you taken it to a bmw shop for a diagnostic ? I see you're in NY; we have a ton. Here's a few I know are well known.

Mpire performance in Hempstead area

Petrol werks

The Bimmer Shop LLC NY (my service guy)

MNC performance in Oceanside

Motorcepts in queens

Import autowerks in Brooklyn

m-chanics in mineola who have the best rep but high prices
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 11:21 PM   #3
andrei.m4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f82

Maybe dme have some problems
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 01:49 AM   #4
///MCollection
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2C X5M M4

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2 Competi ...  [10.00]
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
The first thing I would do if I had a code for a cylinder that's causing confusion is get another fault code read from another machine. Line faults could be supply to a injector. Could also be an ecu issue as said before. It might just be an injector connector or ecu pin playing up, If you knew which cylinder you could check resistance on that injector wiring harness.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 01:33 AM   #5
ruizhector1
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4

Hey I just got the same problem.... did you ever found out what it was?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 07:12 PM   #6
whitstap
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15 f80 m3

Bumping this thread... buddy has exact same code/issue... anyone know the cause and/or the solution?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 08:26 PM   #7
M5D
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016M4

When changing all 7 coils I mean 6 coils, 2 were defective! They were replaced under warranty from BMW. I had similar issues as you and when I put my old coils back in 3 and 4, problem was solved. I am not sure if this answers your question or fixes your problem, but I thought I chime in. The parts person at BMW told me that the new coils are known for defects from the factory!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 05:07 PM   #8
pfrederi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1995 E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5D View Post
When changing all 7 coils I mean 6 coils, 2 were defective! They were replaced under warranty from BMW. I had similar issues as you and when I put my old coils back in 3 and 4, problem was solved. I am not sure if this answers your question or fixes your problem, but I thought I chime in. The parts person at BMW told me that the new coils are known for defects from the factory!
Well there ya have it... 3 and 4=7

So maybe the real faults are in cylinders 3 and 4. Just kidding man!! Lol
Appreciate 0