proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-29-2015, 05:13 PM   #67
dmnc02
Major
dmnc02's Avatar
United_States
901
Rep
1,481
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theomega View Post
Looks like I got legal disclaimers out, but auto folding mirrors, unlock car on shutdown, blinker in hud, increase triple blink, and no brake to start didn't work for me.
I have the unlock on shutdown coded on my car and it works fine. Just keep in mind that it only unlocks the doors if they were automatically locked: if you manually lock them to test, it does nothing.

I have not tried the other ones you mention, but if they work on the F3x they should also work on the F8x.
__________________
2015 Mineral Grey ///M4 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 05:16 PM   #68
JNoSol
Brigadier General
JNoSol's Avatar
United_States
1223
Rep
3,820
Posts

Drives: 750 MSPORT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theomega
Hmm, maybe we should start a "confirmed on F80/F82" code cheat sheet. Perhaps a public google doc or something so everyone can contribute. Or should we just start a thread and have the OP update the first post?
I think you missed my point when I said one M3/M4 cheat sheet isn't applicable to "ALL" F80/F82/F83. Example, you can't code Euro LED anti-dazzle on a car that is not equipped with LED headlights. Or you can't code EDC off if your car isn't equipped with EDC.
__________________
Daily: G12 750 MSPORT Weekend Car: 981 GT4
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 05:22 PM   #69
theomega
Private First Class
United_States
8
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 M4 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
I have the unlock on shutdown coded on my car and it works fine. Just keep in mind that it only unlocks the doors if they were automatically locked: if you manually lock them to test, it does nothing.

I have not tried the other ones you mention, but if they work on the F3x they should also work on the F8x.
Thanks for the note, I did definitely check for that. I've made sure to not manually lock the doors and I'm still having to do the double pull every time.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 05:29 PM   #70
dmnc02
Major
dmnc02's Avatar
United_States
901
Rep
1,481
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theomega View Post
Thanks for the note, I did definitely check for that. I've made sure to not manually lock the doors and I'm still having to do the double pull every time.
I assume you set FEM_BODY > CLM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK to "aktiv"? Did you try going back to check if your coding stuck? Also, keep in mind that coding changes may require a bit of time to take effect.
__________________
2015 Mineral Grey ///M4 6MT

Last edited by dmnc02; 07-29-2015 at 05:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 09:21 PM   #71
theomega
Private First Class
United_States
8
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 M4 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
I think you missed my point when I said one M3/M4 cheat sheet isn't applicable to "ALL" F80/F82/F83. Example, you can't code Euro LED anti-dazzle on a car that is not equipped with LED headlights. Or you can't code EDC off if your car isn't equipped with EDC.
Ah I didn't mean to gloss over your point, I understand what you're saying. I do still think a "tested and verified" spreadsheet would be helpful, its good to know if its worked for _anyone_.

Perhaps listing options of test cars would be a good idea.

And there are some things that I think we can reasonably assume are not package dependent. Like unlock on engine off or changing number of turn signal blinks.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #72
theomega
Private First Class
United_States
8
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 M4 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
I assume you set FEM_BODY > CLM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK to "aktiv"? Did you try going back to check if your coding stuck? Also, keep in mind that coding changes may require a bit of time to take effect.
You know actually starting today i noticed the car did start unlocking on engine off! I didnt think the delay would be that long!

Unfortunately a lot of the other stuff I tried still isn't working, and at the time I did go back to see if the coding stuck. I'll be spending more time this weekend playing with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 10:04 PM   #73
JNoSol
Brigadier General
JNoSol's Avatar
United_States
1223
Rep
3,820
Posts

Drives: 750 MSPORT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theomega
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
I think you missed my point when I said one M3/M4 cheat sheet isn't applicable to "ALL" F80/F82/F83. Example, you can't code Euro LED anti-dazzle on a car that is not equipped with LED headlights. Or you can't code EDC off if your car isn't equipped with EDC.
Ah I didn't mean to gloss over your point, I understand what you're saying. I do still think a "tested and verified" spreadsheet would be helpful, its good to know if its worked for _anyone_.

Perhaps listing options of test cars would be a good idea.

And there are some things that I think we can reasonably assume are not package dependent. Like unlock on engine off or changing number of turn signal blinks.
That was a verified sheet for the M3 and M4 cars. You're welcome to start your own thread if you don't find this as valuable. This thread is titled "pay it forward," meaning it was originally to thank the folks who dedicated themselves to the BMW coding community. They don't charge anything for their service and software, so the purpose is to make those aware that they take donations to keep the servers and code spinning. Without those guys, we wouldn't have any software or support in the BMW coding community.
__________________
Daily: G12 750 MSPORT Weekend Car: 981 GT4
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 11:28 AM   #74
theomega
Private First Class
United_States
8
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2015 F82 M4 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
That was a verified sheet for the M3 and M4 cars. You're welcome to start your own thread if you don't find this as valuable. This thread is titled "pay it forward," meaning it was originally to thank the folks who dedicated themselves to the BMW coding community. They don't charge anything for their service and software, so the purpose is to make those aware that they take donations to keep the servers and code spinning. Without those guys, we wouldn't have any software or support in the BMW coding community.
I do definitely appreciate everything, I did not mean to thread jack. I just asked if the cheat sheet you included in this thread was verified and, until now, it sounded like they were not. You said you hadn't tried many of the options, so it was in response to that I suggested another spreadsheet. I was just trying to contribute as well.

Sorry to split hairs here, I just feel like you're making it sound like I'm being ungrateful, when really this seems to just be a misunderstanding.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 12:27 PM   #75
JNoSol
Brigadier General
JNoSol's Avatar
United_States
1223
Rep
3,820
Posts

Drives: 750 MSPORT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theomega
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
That was a verified sheet for the M3 and M4 cars. You're welcome to start your own thread if you don't find this as valuable. This thread is titled "pay it forward," meaning it was originally to thank the folks who dedicated themselves to the BMW coding community. They don't charge anything for their service and software, so the purpose is to make those aware that they take donations to keep the servers and code spinning. Without those guys, we wouldn't have any software or support in the BMW coding community.
I do definitely appreciate everything, I did not mean to thread jack. I just asked if the cheat sheet you included in this thread was verified and, until now, it sounded like they were not. You said you hadn't tried many of the options, so it was in response to that I suggested another spreadsheet. I was just trying to contribute as well.

Sorry to split hairs here, I just feel like you're making it sound like I'm being ungrateful, when really this seems to just be a misunderstanding.
I'm not the author of that sheet, but it is verified for the F80 and F82. I haven't personally coded every option, only what was valuable to me.
__________________
Daily: G12 750 MSPORT Weekend Car: 981 GT4
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #76
JNoSol
Brigadier General
JNoSol's Avatar
United_States
1223
Rep
3,820
Posts

Drives: 750 MSPORT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

Updated thread with VO Coding instruction for Euro LED Headlight coding (anti-dazzle). I coded this for the X5M and a few F80s, works beautifully.
__________________
Daily: G12 750 MSPORT Weekend Car: 981 GT4
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 12:48 AM   #77
ihg90
Private First Class
19
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: May 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (3)

I assume that Euro LED headlight coding only works if you have the LED lighting package?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 09:34 AM   #78
JNoSol
Brigadier General
JNoSol's Avatar
United_States
1223
Rep
3,820
Posts

Drives: 750 MSPORT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihg90 View Post
I assume that Euro LED headlight coding only works if you have the LED lighting package?
Correct. The US version of the LED headlight doesn't do what the vid below displayed. The US DOT didn't approve this technology. In the US, the LED auto high-beam only comes fully on or fully off. It doesn't create a tunnel as displayed below. So coding your car for Euro spec LED will activate this technology.

__________________
Daily: G12 750 MSPORT Weekend Car: 981 GT4
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 10:49 AM   #79
ihg90
Private First Class
19
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: May 2015
Location: California

iTrader: (3)

Thanks - I have regular xenon, so no additional coding adventure for me :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 09:38 PM   #80
mhjeep
First Lieutenant
94
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
So I thought I coded the Euro anti-dazzle on my LEDs. However, I can't see any difference. Did I do something wrong? Do you enable the anti-dazzle with the adaptive headlight button or is that option enabled all the time?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 09:55 PM   #81
JNoSol
Brigadier General
JNoSol's Avatar
United_States
1223
Rep
3,820
Posts

Drives: 750 MSPORT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhjeep
So I thought I coded the Euro anti-dazzle on my LEDs. However, I can't see any difference. Did I do something wrong? Do you enable the anti-dazzle with the adaptive headlight button or is that option enabled all the time?
Did you press the Auto High-beam button? It doesn't work unless Auto High-beam is enabled. It works great, I even coded on my X5M with that.
__________________
Daily: G12 750 MSPORT Weekend Car: 981 GT4
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 10:07 PM   #82
mhjeep
First Lieutenant
94
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Yeah. That is what I meant by activating the adaptive headlight. It turns on high beams when there aren't any other vehicles but as soon as I am near another vehicle, it turns off all high beams just as before I coded the euro anti-dazzle, or so it seems.

Also, do you know a way to disable the bulb check? I installed some rear LEDs and they flicker on start up.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 10:40 AM   #83
firedown31
Major
United_States
882
Rep
1,412
Posts

Drives: '16 AW M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: NH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhjeep View Post
Yeah. That is what I meant by activating the adaptive headlight. It turns on high beams when there aren't any other vehicles but as soon as I am near another vehicle, it turns off all high beams just as before I coded the euro anti-dazzle, or so it seems.

Also, do you know a way to disable the bulb check? I installed some rear LEDs and they flicker on start up.
Buried in one the LED threads it's mentioned the system only fully works at speeds above 40 or 45 mph. Below that speed you only get full high beam on/off, not the dazzle beam splitting action.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 02:00 PM   #84
mhjeep
First Lieutenant
94
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Ahh. Very interesting. That may explain it.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #85
JNoSol
Brigadier General
JNoSol's Avatar
United_States
1223
Rep
3,820
Posts

Drives: 750 MSPORT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedown31 View Post
Buried in one the LED threads it's mentioned the system only fully works at speeds above 40 or 45 mph. Below that speed you only get full high beam on/off, not the dazzle beam splitting action.
You are correct.
__________________
Daily: G12 750 MSPORT Weekend Car: 981 GT4
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #86
lawrenc967
Lurker Extraordinaire
8
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

stupid question, but my understanding is that the coding software only works on PCs and not Macs? Is that still correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 06:35 PM   #87
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
3693
Rep
19,978
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenc967 View Post
stupid question, but my understanding is that the coding software only works on PCs and not Macs? Is that still correct?
Yes, If you use Mac, you must use Bootcamp or a Windows VM.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 03:18 AM   #88
lawrenc967
Lurker Extraordinaire
8
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes, If you use Mac, you must use Bootcamp or a Windows VM.
Thanks, Shawn.

If I am using a Mac that does not have a ethernet port, but am using Bootcamp and one of those Ethernet-to-USB connectors, do you think that will work?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw coding, f80 coding

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST