European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #23
metomwhou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 YMB/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniz View Post
Since comp pack wasn't available in 2015, it at least has black grills and trim, so not fully a stripper, no?

Congratulations and enjoy!
I'm not sure if the previous guy added those parts later or ordered it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor///M View Post
Has LEDs and 437Ms. #notastripper
By stripper, I meant hat it had no actual option packages.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1466873
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 02:40 AM   #24
metomwhou
Private First Class
Rep

She finds friends wherever she goes...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 07:24 PM   #25
metomwhou
Private First Class
Rep

Here's a quick video from a few weeks back, enjoy!

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 09:49 PM   #26
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 M CP

Congrats!
Love those wheels. They really suit the M4!
Congrats again!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 01:19 AM   #27
metomwhou
Private First Class
Rep

Aftermarket Suspension???

So, I think I may have an aftermarket suspension.... I changed over to my winter tires and was getting some rubbing and after getting it up on the lift to inspect it, I noticed something peculiar. I'd seen the suspension tool in my trunk but didnt think much of it. Sure enough, it has KW suspension #651 06 083

The dealer didn't tell me about this at all. Also, is this the KW HAS? Did I get jipped or is this a blessing in surprise?

The fronts were all slammed all the way to the bottom. Tried to move them up about an inch but the driver's side would only come up about 3/8's. Looks like i'll have to take it out in the spring and see what's up with that. Also, the tool I have does NOT work for the front collar. Can anyone recommend an adjustable tool or set?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 06:47 AM   #28
metomwhou
Private First Class
Rep

Small update: I reached out to KW suspension here in Germany and they tell me that this suspension is fully compatible with my factory EDC. Honestly I can't tell much difference between the three settings and not knowing what the factory suspension and different settings feel like, i have nothing to compare to.

Any suggestions on how to test whether the suspension is actually changing when I choose between comfort, sport and sport+

Anyone here have the KW suspension and the EDC Delete kit?
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2019, 09:39 AM   #29
metomwhou
Private First Class
Rep

Did some upgraydd's this weekend....
Kimber recieved a whole bunch of VRSF parts, Down pipes(catless), charge pipes and front mount intake. The intakes took quite a bit of fiddling and I still have to go back and work on making them even, right now it looks like a bad boob job with nipples pointing in different directions (Pics to come later...)

I got another tune from Alex@MSS to take advantage of the better breathing but i haven't installed it yet, the Smeargle burbles i have on the current stage 2+ tune are just too much, i feel bad for people behind me, sounds like a shotgun...

The sound is ok, I'm still getting used to it but i guess i'd say it sounds...vicious??
You can hear the turbo's spool and much better now as well.

Other updates on the suspension:
Took her up to the dealer to have that driver side spring looked at and surprise, they didnt have the right tool so i'll have to go back in a few weeks after they get the tool from KW and see if they can fix it or not.
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2020, 04:07 PM   #30
metomwhou
Private First Class
Rep

Well boys and girls, the time came and I had to let my Kimber go. She was an amazing machine I still miss her.

So here are some of the last of our track vids from this past summer at the Nurburging Nordeschleife and GP track.

In case you're wondering, I replaced her with a 2016 HellCat Challenger. The story goes that a good friend of mine was getting a divorce and to help her out, I took the Cat off her hands for a very good deal. Having 2 amazing cars was fun but sadly, I just couldn't drive them both enough to justify it to myself. I found an a really good person to take care of Kimber so it all worked out in the end.

The first vid was put together by a film student/friend of mine. She used some stock footage but most of the in car stuff was from my track footage. The rest of the videos are just the unedited files straight from the GoPro

And before I get heckled, I know I'm slow!!!

Enjoy the vids!!

Appreciate 0