Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-07-2018, 04:55 PM   #1
F80SUPREM3
Rep
Drives: f80 M3

Extremely Disappointed With Pro Tuning Freaks BM3 Support...

Has anyone had to deal with PTF customer support?

I dropped my car off at the local BMW performance shop, very excited to get the bootmod3 flash for my f80 M3.

This is what im experiencing so far.

I dropped the car off last Thursday. During the install process Thursday the tune was not successful uploading. For whatever reason there were pockets of data missing. From what little i know about tuning, there could have been for extraneous reasons for this such as internet connection and voltage. So before patching the tune and attempting to try again, the technician shot PTF an email to make sure we correct the failed flash the right way. It does not show what specifically caused the flash to fail. So we are just trying to do our do diligence.

So Thursday we send an email inquiring about this. During this time my car sits as a paperweight. Friday comes along no response. Saturday. Nothing. Figured they would email us back after the weekend. Monday comes along and we get a very short email saying they would get back to us Tuesday with a smiley face. Finally I felt like were getting close here. Tuesday comes by, no response. So the shop emails them again once more. Its now 5pm Wednesday and PTF has STILL not taken a second to reach out.

Were not asking Pro Tuning Freaks to do anything complicated just want to know WHY the BM3 upload failed so we can property fix the issue. Its been six days and feels extremely bizarre that PFT cant simply get back to us on such an important yet simple issue...

Meantime Ive been paying for a rental car and I am very eager to have my M3 back..

Overall I am extremely disappointed with PTF Customer service.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2018, 05:23 PM   #2
al3xander
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

this should be good
Appreciate 4
      02-07-2018, 05:44 PM   #3
Rik84
Full Potato
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

1 shitty on PTF for the lack of response

2 shitty on your “bmw performance centre” for not knowing what they are doing. If you are going to take on the liability of charging someone to tune their car you should at least know how to recover from an issue.

I’m going to refrain from giving any advice here aside from the fact that this isn’t a difficult issue to solve. Your shop should have been able to handle this on their own.

By no means does that absolve PTF for not responding in a timely manner. The shop as a dealer is supposed to be the technical representative for PTF.

**edit - damn Iphone**
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 06:41 PM   #4
dpgfunk
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

here we go...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 07:05 PM   #5
Luc@Speed&Tech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G80 M3 & E92 M3

23541 Pebble Run Place, Unit 140
Sterling, VA 20166 (Satellite shop)
Appreciate 10
      02-07-2018, 07:13 PM   #6
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Just so I'm on the same page as errybody, war of words bout to break out?
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2018, 07:45 PM   #7
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

OP...sorry to hear man. Is this their bench or OBD flash? Sounds like you did the OBD flash via a dealer?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 08:37 PM   #8
trackymbf82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4, Bootmod3 on E85

if this was an obd tune, i'd say you were optimistic to take a daily driver in to get tuned when it's in beta and not released. there is a reason for the beta period.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      02-07-2018, 08:52 PM   #9
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bculberson View Post
if this was an obd tune, i'd say you were optimistic to take a daily driver in to get tuned when it's in beta and not released. there is a reason for the beta period.
a vendor probably shouldn't list something for sale on their website if it's still in testing and not released

just adds unnecessary confusion for the consumer who jumps on the forum/website with an add to cart link thinking it's ready to go
Appreciate 1
///M3_F80211.50
      02-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #10
schnell1982
Captain
Rep
Drives: FAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik84 View Post
1 shitty on PTF for the lack of response

2 shitty on your “bmw performance centre” for not knowing what they are doing. If you are going to take on the liability of charging someone to tune their car you should at least know how to recover from an issue.

I’m going to refrain from giving any advice here aside from the fact that this isn’t a difficult issue to solve. Your shop should have been able to handle this on their own.

By no means does that absolve PTF for not responding in a timely manner. The shop as a dealer is supposed to be the technical representative for PTF.

**edit - damn Iphone**

Why wont you give advice rather then bash the installation shop ?
What if in fact there is a random issue and it is created by the tool ?
Anything is possible
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #11
trackymbf82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4, Bootmod3 on E85

From the response that PTF gave I think it's very possible (likely) it's a problem they found during beta they are working on. Especially when they said wait till tuesday.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #12
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80SUPREM3 View Post

I dropped my car off at the local BMW performance shop, very excited to get the bootmod3 flash for my f80 M3.

I dropped the car off last Thursday. During the install process Thursday the tune was not successful uploading. For whatever reason there were pockets of data missing. From what little i know about tuning, there could have been for extraneous reasons for this such as internet connection and voltage. So before patching the tune and attempting to try again, the technician shot PTF an email to make sure we correct the failed flash the right way. It does not show what specifically caused the flash to fail. So we are just trying to do our do diligence.

So Thursday we send an email inquiring about this. During this time my car sits as a paperweight. Friday comes along no response. Saturday. Nothing. Figured they would email us back after the weekend. Monday comes along and we get a very short email saying they would get back to us Tuesday with a smiley face. Finally I felt like were getting close here. Tuesday comes by, no response. So the shop emails them again once more. Its now 5pm Wednesday and PTF has STILL not taken a second to reach out.

Were not asking Pro Tuning Freaks to do anything complicated just want to know WHY the BM3 upload failed so we can property fix the issue. Its been six days and feels extremely bizarre that PFT cant simply get back to us on such an important yet simple issue...

Meantime Ive been paying for a rental car and I am very eager to have my M3 back..

We're truly sorry about this but also confused and very unclear as to who you are and what shop you were working with? Have you or the shop opened a support ticket with us and is there a ticket number please?
Please PM us details on your VIN or support ticket number and shop you worked with and we'll see to resolve this asap.

Its your 1st post here unfortunately and your profile lists Dallas. We have had one shop sign up a few weeks ago from Dallas and they've done just one car so far. We haven't heard of any issues at all.

All of our authorized dealers have direct contact with us and escalate anything that is of high urgency.

For those curious about the details, this isn't for OBD unlock testing as it is very limited and all the test cars have been local so far. Very confused and we do want to help asap!
Appreciate 21
Rennyk.126.50
EALm43346.50
ronanz1819.50
FSociety3812.50
M3anPower175.50
terahertz162.50
whoop_ass355.00
Yas__Plz196.50
aboulfad1592.50
NO_USER_537.50
Mikecom32149.50
amw896582.50
Tinilp46.50
mshab356275.50
ssgm1x418.50
      02-07-2018, 09:27 PM   #13
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

this should be interesting.

Oh and guys if yall could have a look at ticket BCS-2007 whenever... no rush
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2018, 09:38 PM   #14
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post

this should be interesting.

Oh and guys if yall could have a look at ticket BCS-2007 whenever... no rush
We're trying our best but since Sunday we got completely buried in emails and tickets inquiring on the OBD unlock that we're barely keeping our heads above water here We found an email from 2 days ago buried among all the requests that came in from a new dealer in the area that just recently signed up. We were in touch immediately Monday and indicated a reset should be performed as the root cause was they had some voltage drop during the initial flash after the bench unlock.

We're trying our best to get this resolved asap as well as clear our support queue as of this past Sunday 127 tickets in the queue as of Sunday and a large number of PMs here that remain to be answered. We have additional support staff in training and hope we'll be able to get back to everyone else asap as well.

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 02-07-2018 at 09:58 PM..
Appreciate 3
EALm43346.50
FSociety3812.50
terahertz162.50
      02-07-2018, 11:03 PM   #15
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80SUPREM3 View Post

Sounds like a troll...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 11:18 PM   #16
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3_F80 View Post
OP...sorry to hear man. Is this their bench or OBD flash? Sounds like you did the OBD flash via a dealer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bculberson View Post
From the response that PTF gave I think it's very possible (likely) it's a problem they found during beta they are working on. Especially when they said wait till tuesday.
Since the OP mentioned being at the shop since Thursday (and PTF didn't announce OBD unlock till Sunday), it would have to be a bench flash he had done.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 11:24 PM   #17
proTUNING Freaks
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
Since the OP mentioned being at the shop since Thursday (and PTF didn't announce OBD unlock till Sunday), it would have to be a bench flash he had done.
It was, using the Autotuner bench tool.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      02-08-2018, 12:54 AM   #18
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 01:53 AM   #19
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

4everkidd RoadRunner///M

You guys should have read the thread. PTF has alluded to this being a potential new vendor in OP's area in post preceding 4everkidd and then PTF validated it was a vendor doing a bench flash an hour before Roadrunner's comment which fell right under PTF's comment.
Appreciate 3
      02-08-2018, 05:25 AM   #20
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
To the OP, if you still can't get in touch with PTF, even though they responded within mere hours here, and you still want to revive your M3: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1458041 (sorry couldn't resist ) but in all honesty if this poster and his issue is real, sorry for your trouble, it is not fun to be in such a situation. And I also feel bad for vendors that aren't setup to handle the massive burst of interest and overwhelming number of support tickets.

Even companies with 100,000+ employees have issues dealing with high priority support tickets, food for thought, and this can be abused in any ticketing system... Authorized PTF dealers must surely know and have a means to raise a high priority incident such as this. When that happens the PTF support "guy" should have an automatic red light flash in his office... and not be bogged down by 0x7F tickets of varying priorities.
Appreciate 3
///M3_F80211.50
NO_USER_537.50
FSociety3812.50
      02-08-2018, 07:42 AM   #21
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunner///M View Post
OP seems like a troll post... or maybe he took his F80 to a Honda shop

BM3 support is nothing short of outstanding

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 09:08 AM   #22
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoDivine View Post
4everkidd RoadRunner///M

You guys should have read the thread. PTF has alluded to this being a potential new vendor in OP's area in post preceding 4everkidd and then PTF validated it was a vendor doing a bench flash an hour before Roadrunner's comment which fell right under PTF's comment.
I did read the thread.

First post on a new account setup to bash PTF?

Troll...
Appreciate 0