BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-12-2020, 08:46 PM   #1
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Uber

Help!!!! ASAP! 911!

Somehow my girlfriend wrecked my car in our parking garage. I'll explain in detail later. Right now my car will not start nor can I get it into N. I'm blocking traffic. How can I get it into neutral???
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 08:51 PM   #2
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 - DCT 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasLife345M View Post
Somehow my girlfriend wrecked my car in our parking garage. I'll explain in detail later. Right now my car will not start nor can I get it into N. I'm blocking traffic. How can I get it into neutral???
Your car if airbags are deployed should be in neutral and unable to move out of neutral, I crashed mine 3 weeks ago. You cant go into gear if there is lots of damage.

Also did you turn the car off after the crash? Send me some info on what happened. It should be stuck in neutral if airbags are out.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 08:57 PM   #3
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Also try unplugging and replugging that battery, it probably had a fuel cutoff so it won't start, Maybe someone can chime in if this is possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 08:58 PM   #4
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeldoo View Post
Quote:
Your car if airbags are deployed should be in neutral and unable to move out of neutral, I crashed mine 3 weeks ago. You cant go into gear if there is lots of damage.

Also did you turn the car off after the crash? Send me some info on what happened. It should be stuck in neutral if airbags are out.
No air bags deployed. Have multiple error messages. "engine cannot be started", "Chassis stabilization drive moderately" "restrain system". Just need to get it into N so I can push it out of the way into a parking spot.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 09:00 PM   #5
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No air bags deployed. Have multiple error messages. "engine cannot be started", "Chassis stabilization drive moderately" "restrain system". Just need to get it into N so I can push it out of the way into a parking spot.
Battery, get in the trunk reset that shit asap, I think that's your best bet right now, but tbh i can't be so sure, all of that from a small wreck? What in the hell is going on
Appreciate 1
pattymtb136.50
      04-12-2020, 09:01 PM   #6
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Also try unplugging and replugging that battery, it probably had a fuel cutoff so it won't start, Maybe someone can chime in if this is possible.
I'll explain later but a five gallon water jug my girlfriend picked up from the grocery supposedly exploded , got on the battery, and caused the car to by itself floor into the wall, then by itself go into reverse and accelerate 20 ft and hit the concrete beam. All while the emergency brake was on and her foot on the brake. Omg. So mad.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 09:08 PM   #7
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
I'll explain later but a five gallon water jug my girlfriend picked up from the grocery supposedly exploded , got on the battery, and caused the car to by itself floor into the wall, then by itself go into reverse and accelerate 20 ft and hit the concrete beam. All while the emergency brake was on and her foot on the brake. Omg. So mad.
No need to be mad. Calm down and make sure she’s ok. Breath.

If you’re blocking traffic, just explain the situation and call the police to help.

Hope you square things away. Be safe.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 09:08 PM   #8
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What in the actual fuck, jesus man that is horrible to hear. Honestly nuts, If your battery shorted like that I have 0 clue how to get that into gear, Can you get a toe inside the garage?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 09:20 PM   #9
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What in the actual fuck, jesus man that is horrible to hear. Honestly nuts, If your battery shorted like that I have 0 clue how to get that into gear, Can you get a toe inside the garage?
I'm chill. Just need to figure out how to get it into N
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 09:27 PM   #10
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Anybody? Someone Has to know. Can't find it on google
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 09:42 PM   #11
RustySeatbelt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 ZR1

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]

I'm guess that if the battery shorted then trying to disconnect/re-connect isn't going to work. I think the only way to access the park release in the DCT is under the car. You might need to contact a tow company to drag the car, or if they can't get into the garage then you should get a come along and try to manually winch it yourself. Either way, if you can't get under the car you're probably going to drag the wheels. Either way, you've gotta follow-up on this, because that is absolutely the weirdest shit I've ever heard of happening from a battery. Hope you have Farmer's because I'm looking forward to their commerical about knowing some things because they've seen some things on this.
Appreciate 2
      04-12-2020, 09:49 PM   #12
StanislavK82
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySeatbelt View Post
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
I'm guess that if the battery shorted then trying to disconnect/re-connect isn't going to work. I think the only way to access the park release in the DCT is under the car. You might need to contact a tow company to drag the car, or if they can't get into the garage then you should get a come along and try to manually winch it yourself. Either way, if you can't get under the car you're probably going to drag the wheels. Either way, you've gotta follow-up on this, because that is absolutely the weirdest shit I've ever heard of happening from a battery. Hope you have Farmer's because I'm looking forward to their commerical about knowing some things because they've seen some things on this.
Weird indeed, rusty seatbelt is right. I think there is another thread on getting the car into neutral, from those I think you have to go under the car, take the protective cover off and then move the park pin.
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 09:57 PM   #13
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Following this https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...8;postcount=18

Popped the DCT cover. However I cannot find the Allen release they mention.

Any ideas?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 10:00 PM   #14
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanislavK82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySeatbelt View Post
[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
Weird indeed, rusty seatbelt is right. I think there is another thread on getting the car into neutral, from those I think you have to go under the car, take the protective cover off and then move the park pin.
View post on imgur.com
I don't really buy the story of how it happened. Seems impossible.
Appreciate 4
Muha149.50
Mullypro300.50
PhatLyfe985.00
      04-12-2020, 10:18 PM   #15
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep

A friend of mine is grabbing some wheel dollies. Look at this BS.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 10:24 PM   #16
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Is it even plausible? Water gets on the battery and the car floors it and hits the wall, then by itself goes into reverse and floors it again? Or is that total BS?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 10:25 PM   #17
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I am downright confused, i actually buy that something fucked happened. There is no way she could possibly do that accidently or from incompetence. It's hit everywhere
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 10:27 PM   #18
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I am downright confused, i actually buy that something fucked happened. There is no way she could possibly do that accidently or from incompetence. It's hit everywhere
Maybe she was mad at me and decided to just slam it into the wall a few times. SMH
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2020, 10:30 PM   #19
deeldoo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe she was mad at me and decided to just slam it into the wall a few times. SMH
Literally that is one explanation as weird as it is to say.

The other is that if there is actual water damage on that battery, try to find out what electrical issues can do in a car, if there are any possibilities.

Unless the whole thing was staged, I am so confused man i feel sorry for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 10:33 PM   #20
DallasLife345M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Literally that is one explanation as weird as it is to say.

The other is that if there is actual water damage on that battery, try to find out what electrical issues can do in a car, if there are any possibilities.

Unless the whole thing was staged, I am so confused man i feel sorry for you.
She said the car reversed by itself and floored in reverse with the emergency brake on and her pressing the brake. How is that even possible?!! Maybe she floored it by mistake instead of hitting the brakes? Here are tire marks from it either peeling out or dragging.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 10:37 PM   #21
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

This should help. Keep us updated pls. https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...243&page=2
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 10:38 PM   #22
ferrarifast
Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 Comp xDrive Coupe

Ask building management if they can give you a copy of the CCTV film. It might be possible to zoom in enough to see what kind of inputs the driver was making.

Also from what I've heard you can't put a DCT into neutral...there might be a manual override underneath the vehicle that can be accessed with some allen keys. The post you referenced was a thing in pre 2012 vehicles, where you could pop out the cupholders and manually put the car in neutral. 2012 Onwards BMW got rid of that and instead changed the location of the override to underneath the car.
Life is too short to list the non Ms
Appreciate 0