Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

06-21-2016, 07:50 PM   #155
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Just get a hair dryer on the old tape and then roll off with your thumb. Any remaining comes off with a bit of tardis, just don't rub it with a cloth or you'll scratch your paint work.
Appreciate 3
      06-22-2016, 07:35 AM   #156
notused
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_7 View Post
Yep that's what I've used. 80319 I think was the part number.

It certainly doesn't feel like it's going anywhere in a hurry, at least not without the car attached to it
Received my spoiler minus the tape (error by supplier)

Went down to local dealer and the two kits they have for fitting involve some kind of bonding glue, which I don't fancy.

Is the 3M tape readily available? Halfords? B&Q?

I could wait for the 3M tape to arrive in a couple of days but soooo impatient.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 07:40 AM   #157
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDpetrol View Post
Received my spoiler minus the tape (error by supplier)

Went down to local dealer and the two kits they have for fitting involve some kind of bonding glue, which I don't fancy.

Is the 3M tape readily available? Halfords? B&Q?

I could wait for the 3M tape to arrive in a couple of days but soooo impatient.
It wasn't easy to find locally to be honest. The original tape I picked upwas too thin so I had the old spoiler off when I realised the error... Local bodyshops or bodyshop suppliers are your best bet, Halfords and the like had none :-(

I ended up getting mine from LKQ coatings who are part of Euro car parts so somewhere like that might be worth a try?
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2016, 08:12 AM   #158
notused
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
I ended up getting mine from LKQ coatings who are part of Euro car parts so somewhere like that might be worth a try?
Thanks. None at Eurocar parts. LKQ have some and are not far in Epsom but I don't fancy 25m of tape. Will see how desperate I feel tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 08:20 AM   #159
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWDpetrol View Post
Thanks. None at Eurocar parts. LKQ have some and are not far in Epsom but I don't fancy 25m of tape. Will see how desperate I feel tomorrow.
Typically I have the vast majority of a roll sitting in the garage unlikely to be used by me again, shame you're a bit far away
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2016, 07:33 AM   #160
billyali86
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 - Yas Marina

Quote:
Typically I have the vast majority of a roll sitting in the garage unlikely to be used by me again, shame you're a bit far away
Saw your car on Pauls FB, how is it now??
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 07:52 AM   #161
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyali86 View Post
Saw your car on Pauls FB, how is it now??
I've actually just got back from a quick lunchtime run out. It's pretty much constantly rained and been crap traffic since my RIS

So with this being done afterward too I've been itching to get out and have a little run.....

First thoughts are it's a lot deeper sound that is immediately noticeable. With the valves open you can feel it as well as hear it is probably the easiest way to describe that change. It is surprisingly civilised at lower rpm too. I'd almost say not too different to stock. A little more deeper presence and possibly a bit less "boomy" at motorway speed/rpm so all good.

The fart/pop at 3-4k lift off has become a crack/rasp of quite aggressive proportions

At WOT it's much more aggressive. I wouldn't say it's hugely louder from inside the car but the sound has a very different character! Giving it full beans for the first time since RIS and exhaust mod upto the high end of the gear did make me "silly grin" to myself

I need a bit more time and dry roads to get a true feel for it but I'm very happy so far.

Do I "have" to join vimeo or youtube to be able to post a video on here?

Paul wanted a before and after comparison so shot from his phone I have two clips.

A clip idling with throttle efficient and valves closed, throttle blips upto approx. 4-4.5k going into valves open same again.

Then a second clip after the mod with the same procedure. Oddly on the phone clips the before sounds less aggressive but deeper which is not the case (i'm guessing the phone just can't get the lower frequencies) but the change is quite obvious....
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 08:27 AM   #162
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Testing video clip

After clip, same routine

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 08:48 AM   #163
billyali86
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I've actually just got back from a quick lunchtime run out. It's pretty much constantly rained and been crap traffic since my RIS

So with this being done afterward too I've been itching to get out and have a little run.....

First thoughts are it's a lot deeper sound that is immediately noticeable. With the valves open you can feel it as well as hear it is probably the easiest way to describe that change. It is surprisingly civilised at lower rpm too. I'd almost say not too different to stock. A little more deeper presence and possibly a bit less "boomy" at motorway speed/rpm so all good.

The fart/pop at 3-4k lift off has become a crack/rasp of quite aggressive proportions

At WOT it's much more aggressive. I wouldn't say it's hugely louder from inside the car but the sound has a very different character! Giving it full beans for the first time since RIS and exhaust mod upto the high end of the gear did make me "silly grin" to myself

I need a bit more time and dry roads to get a true feel for it but I'm very happy so far.

Do I "have" to join vimeo or youtube to be able to post a video on here?

Paul wanted a before and after comparison so shot from his phone I have two clips.

A clip idling with throttle efficient and valves closed, throttle blips upto approx. 4-4.5k going into valves open same again.

Then a second clip after the mod with the same procedure. Oddly on the phone clips the before sounds less aggressive but deeper which is not the case (i'm guessing the phone just can't get the lower frequencies) but the change is quite obvious....
I couldn't believe how much diff it sounded when I first drove it with all the windows down.

Favourite thing to do, 3rd or 4th in sport plus with valves open. Blast it up to 3-4k rpm and lift off
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #164
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I couldn't believe how much diff it sounded when I first drove it with all the windows down.

Favourite thing to do, 3rd or 4th in sport plus with valves open. Blast it up to 3-4k rpm and lift off
Doing that through area's with pedestrians will not make you any friends
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2016, 06:21 AM   #165
billyali86
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Doing that through area's with pedestrians will not make you any friends
Great mod paired with CG valve controller. When I first had it done I have the valves disconnected and it was just too much
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2016, 09:50 AM   #166
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Great mod paired with CG valve controller. When I first had it done I have the valves disconnected and it was just too much
Yes without the ability to quieten it down a touch at will it could be a bit anti social.... heading to Goodwood FoS tomorrow morning so leaving at about 0530...... fingers crossed valves closed doesn't wake and upset the daughter/wife/neighbours
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #167
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTD

Quote:
I didn't drop the exhaust. Just put them on when the diffuser was off
How on earth did you get an allen key / socket in place to tighten the bolt? I think I'm either gonna have to drop the exhaust or sub contract it out.

Any one have a link on what's involved in dropping the exhaust, please?
      07-04-2016, 03:39 AM   #168
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwojcik View Post
How on earth did you get an allen key / socket in place to tighten the bolt? I think I'm either gonna have to drop the exhaust or sub contract it out.

Any one have a link on what's involved in dropping the exhaust, please?
With the diffuser off there seemed to be a decent amount of space for the allen key? In fact even with the diffuser on we were able to make adjustments to get he positioning just right.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 03:57 AM   #169
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep

Quote:
With the diffuser off there seemed to be a decent amount of space for the allen key? In fact even with the diffuser on we were able to make adjustments to get he positioning just right.
Cheers, I'll give it another go this week.

My other problem was getting the exhaust tips off. I was bonding with my 12 year old yesterday. While I was hammering/cursing one of the exhaust tips, he managed to pull off another with his hands. We managed to remove one more with the hammer method but the last two were not budging. I've now ordered a gear puller, which should arrive tomorrow. I'll give it another go after that.

When you put the new tips on, did you push the Cyba's in as far as they would go?
      07-04-2016, 04:24 AM   #170
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Cheers, I'll give it another go this week.

My other problem was getting the exhaust tips off. I was bonding with my 12 year old yesterday. While I was hammering/cursing one of the exhaust tips, he managed to pull off another with his hands. We managed to remove one more with the hammer method but the last two were not budging. I've now ordered a gear puller, which should arrive tomorrow. I'll give it another go after that.

When you put the new tips on, did you push the Cyba's in as far as they would go?
Lol yes I can imagine that's the perfect way to bond, what child doesn't love hitting stuff!

They were pretty stubborn for sure. Hitting just in one place just lead to bending the old ones, move the claw around made it much easier with less bending but still requires some "enthusiastic" application of force with the hammer which is a bit concerning on your new pride and joy

Mine didn't end up being pushed all the way in as far as they'd go or they looked a bit too far under the diffuser, so thankfully I was able to stand above while my friend was under the car making small adjustments to get them nicely lined up and following the diffuser line
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 08:01 AM   #171
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Well a good price came up on these so it was hard for me to say no to them

Ive also picked up some discounted HEL braided brake lines too, so will get those and dot 4 fluid fitted whilst the springs are going on. Hopefully at some point next week
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #172
billyali86
Private First Class
Rep

bloody hell mate you are not hanging around! I put eibachs on mine and now it looks so much better combined the spacers
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 09:44 AM   #173
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
bloody hell mate you are not hanging around! I put eibachs on mine and now it looks so much better combined the spacers
And there was me thinking I've spent ages faffing about which suspension solution to go for Normally I don't take such a long time to make my decisions

I figured with the price I got these for I can take the punt for springs only for now. Hopefully they'll solve the arch gap issue and improve the bodyroll such that I don't feel tempted to do anything else

I'll try and be sure to put up some before and after shots aswell as thoughts about how they behave.

Ade
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 09:55 AM   #174
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep

I'll be keen to see the before and after shots.

Isn't the CP lower already?

Are the springs just the standard ACS offering or do they have a specific CP version.
      07-07-2016, 10:28 AM   #175
Ade_7
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'll be keen to see the before and after shots.

Isn't the CP lower already?

Are the springs just the standard ACS offering or do they have a specific CP version.
Mine's not a CP....

I'm not sure if the CP is actually lower or if the larger 20" wheels make it seem so due to slightly smaller arch gap?

However I thought I heard somewhere that ACS are doing a spring set for the CP cars? Could have dreamt it though?

Ade
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #176
billyali86
Private First Class
Rep

Cp does not sit lower
Appreciate 0