EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

12-03-2018, 06:28 AM   #1
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Coupe

Hankook s1 evo2

Hi
what do you think about this tires? anybody tried before?
thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Reminder.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 03:53 PM   #3
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evren View Post
Reminder.
instead of waiting months and reminding the forum to respond, maybe do a search, these tires have been out forever!

CLIFF NOTE

Fine for daily driving, budget tire, decent at best

DOWNGRADE from OEM PSS tires.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 08:43 PM   #4
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
instead of waiting months and reminding the forum to respond, maybe do a search, these tires have been out forever!

CLIFF NOTE

While I strongly agree with you about searching, at least 5 out of 10 posts in the last few months in many of these sub forums have all been repeats. I'm usually nervous to post new questions because I feel like I haven't done enough searching before posting, and might get a response like this. I'm not sure whose fault it is, because the search Nazis don't always come on full force, seems to be pretty random. But I will say they're much less aggressive here than any other car forum I've been a part of.

Not sure where I'm going with this, but I don't see this ever changing due to how lax searching seems to be encouraged here. OP might learn, but there's going to be 10 other thread starters who just get their questions answered with regurgitated responses haha.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 08:45 PM   #5
F80Dreamer
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

I had these on my previous car (Audi S4). Very nice tire, not PS4 level up very nice overall.
Appreciate 1
Evren86.00
      01-18-2019, 07:00 AM   #6
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:

CLIFF NOTE

hello,
i searched on the forum but there is no any topic about ventus s1 evo2 tires for f82.
sorry for disturbing but you can not talk like this. i mean rudely.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 07:01 AM   #7
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
While I strongly agree with you about searching, at least 5 out of 10 posts in the last few months in many of these sub forums have all been repeats. I'm usually nervous to post new questions because I feel like I haven't done enough searching before posting, and might get a response like this. I'm not sure whose fault it is, because the search Nazis don't always come on full force, seems to be pretty random. But I will say they're much less aggressive here than any other car forum I've been a part of.

Not sure where I'm going with this, but I don't see this ever changing due to how lax searching seems to be encouraged here. OP might learn, but there's going to be 10 other thread starters who just get their questions answered with regurgitated responses haha.
hello,
i searched on the forum but there is no any topic about ventus s1 evo2 tires for f82.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 07:06 AM   #8
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Dreamer View Post
I had these on my previous car (Audi S4). Very nice tire, not PS4 level up very nice overall.
Thank you for your kind reply bro.
i will buy and try this tires. many comments are positive on tires web sites but i wanted to ask users anyway.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2019, 07:11 AM   #9
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
hello,
No worries, you weren't disturbing me. I was actually kind of standing up for you? haha. My response was to the other poster.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 07:17 AM   #10
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
No worries, you weren't disturbing me. I was actually kind of standing up for you? haha. My response was to the other poster.
oh its ok. sorry about that.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #11
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

OP:
Not trying to come off as an a$$. I really meant it. You didn't do a legit search because I already know theres a lot of information out there because this tire is old. If you feel I came off like an ass I apologize. I told you that they are a downgrade as cliff notes. I told you they are a "fine for daily driving, budget tire, decent at best, down grade from PSS". I told you to search because theres an abundance of EVO 2 reviews since their release YEARS ago. Many people have tried to come up with tires acceptable to replace when the PSS wears out, EVO 2 is not that tire. It is a great tire for what it is, budget priced ultra high performance tire, but it does not touch the PSS / PS4S. I have ran them PERSONALLY and will never again on this chassis, they weren't bad, they just felt slippery and not as stable. The torque on this car makes them spin like grease on tires. On any other low powered car I don't mind, I've ran them on daily drivers no issue.

Second cliff note / question to you: These tires are a downgrade from OEM tires. Do you really want to go this route on this car?

Is this what you want? Here are the are few quick search results as well.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...entus+V12+evo2
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1317624
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1523835
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687871
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1146237

Good day mate.

Quote:

Dont be nervous to post new questions. was my response really that bad? Goodness I only said that because instead of waiting 1 month and bumping he could've found all the answers he wanted for this tire. There are hundreds of reviews on this tire, and many stating they are not PSS level... hence why I gave him the "cliff note version" to expedite.

Last edited by JamesGames; 01-18-2019 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 1
ntg442887.50
      01-19-2019, 10:21 PM   #12
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

I bought the tires yesterday and i am really happy with them for now.
They are comfortable, fine handling, noise is the same with my previous michelin tires.
I can answer if anybody has question.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 10:22 PM   #13
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
OP:
Not trying to come off as an a$$. I really meant it. You didn't do a legit search because I already know theres a lot of information out there because this tire is old. If you feel I came off like an ass I apologize. I told you that they are a downgrade as cliff notes. I told you they are a "fine for daily driving, budget tire, decent at best, down grade from PSS". I told you to search because theres an abundance of EVO 2 reviews since their release YEARS ago. Many people have tried to come up with tires acceptable to replace when the PSS wears out, EVO 2 is not that tire. It is a great tire for what it is, budget priced ultra high performance tire, but it does not touch the PSS / PS4S. I have ran them PERSONALLY and will never again on this chassis, they weren't bad, they just felt slippery and not as stable. The torque on this car makes them spin like grease on tires. On any other low powered car I don't mind, I've ran them on daily drivers no issue.

Second cliff note / question to you: These tires are a downgrade from OEM tires. Do you really want to go this route on this car?

Is this what you want? Here are the are few quick search results as well.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...entus+V12+evo2
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1317624
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1523835
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687871
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1146237

Good day mate.

Quote:

Dont be nervous to post new questions. was my response really that bad? Goodness I only said that because instead of waiting 1 month and bumping he could've found all the answers he wanted for this tire. There are hundreds of reviews on this tire, and many stating they are not PSS level... hence why I gave him the "cliff note version" to expedite.
Thanks for your kind comments mate. :
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 11:32 PM   #14
danchee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 X7 40i

Sometimes searching ends up being a multi day reading of multiple threads going into hundreds of posts each because information is put out in bits. For example the coding thread, took a long ass time for me to read through the thread end to end and there are a lot of wasted posts in there that you have to filter out. Some forums end up having a sticky at the top that only admins of the particular category have access to which condenses the cliff notes of a thread to a single post. Members collate the info and summarize it for the post. Makes it a whole lot easier to skim through long threads about something and acts as some sort of index.

Oh and those 1200 mile service posts? Many forums would have just deleted them

And I do thank the OP for asking the question about these tires and James for doing the heavy lifting in pointing out the relevant info.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 08:02 AM   #15
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danchee View Post
Sometimes searching ends up being a multi day reading of multiple threads going into hundreds of posts each because information is put out in bits. For example the coding thread, took a long ass time for me to read through the thread end to end and there are a lot of wasted posts in there that you have to filter out. Some forums end up having a sticky at the top that only admins of the particular category have access to which condenses the cliff notes of a thread to a single post. Members collate the info and summarize it for the post. Makes it a whole lot easier to skim through long threads about something and acts as some sort of index.

Oh and those 1200 mile service posts? Many forums would have just deleted them

And I do thank the OP for asking the question about these tires and James for doing the heavy lifting in pointing out the relevant info.
We are here to share somethings. I think.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 01:55 PM   #16
uluwatu06
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 F44 BMW M235i xDrive

Quote:
We are here to share somethings. I think.
Hello.

How do you find the S1 EVO2 tyres?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 09:01 AM   #17
NimnizM4
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
I bought the tires yesterday and i am really happy with them for now.
They are comfortable, fine handling, noise is the same with my previous michelin tires.
I can answer if anybody has question.
How has the Hankooks treated you so far?
Appreciate 0