Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-16-2018, 01:23 PM   #1
baobao
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Question RW carbon and JSK Racing

My local shop seems not do APR anymore, so looking for some other CF parts. Find that RW carbon seems have good reviews here. And also find someone said RW carbon source from JSK Racing during the search. But I can't find any more information about this online. Also I find some review of JSK products have poor fitments online. Is RW really source form JSK? Do anyone here installed JSK and have some reviews? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 01:51 PM   #2
Kenith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baobao View Post
My local shop seems not do APR anymore, so looking for some other CF parts. Find that RW carbon seems have good reviews here. And also find someone said RW carbon source from JSK Racing during the search. But I can't find any more information about this online. Also I find some review of JSK products have poor fitments online. Is RW really source form JSK? Do anyone here installed JSK and have some reviews? Thank you!
JSK is through Alibaba. From another post I read, someone said JSK is the manufacturer for RW and buying direct saves you xx%.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 02:05 PM   #3
maniz
Assistant TO the Regional Manager
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Coupe

I have purchased from RW Carbon and never will again. They are 0 for 2 in my case and served as a personal cautionary tale of getting what one pays for. Many people seem happy with them but either I was extremely unlucky, or our standards of acceptance differ.

Der stärkste buchstabe der welt
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #4
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniz View Post
I have purchased from RW Carbon and never will again. They are 0 for 2 in my case and served as a personal cautionary tale of getting what one pays for. Many people seem happy with them but either I was extremely unlucky, or our standards of acceptance differ.
Likely the second of those two possibilities
Appreciate 1
Igor_M52143.00
      05-16-2018, 08:52 PM   #5
baobao
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenith View Post
JSK is through Alibaba. From another post I read, someone said JSK is the manufacturer for RW and buying direct saves you xx%.
Seems we read the same post lol
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #6
baobao
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Can you please tell me more? Is the fitment too bad or the weave of the CF or anything else horrible?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 11:26 PM   #7
maniz
Assistant TO the Regional Manager
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Coupe

Quote:
Can you please tell me more? Is the fitment too bad or the weave of the CF or anything else horrible?
Both. The CF weave has waves in one splitter and both splitters required modification to fit. The rear diffuser does not sit centered with the bumper and both edges bow downwards.

I contacted RW through the other forum but they could care less. After attempting to convince me that my installation was the problem, I shared some pics and their response was that parts cannot be returned once installed. When I asked how anyone would know about installation issues without installing the parts, they didn't reply.

I usually don't look back after spending the money, no matter the product. So I chalked this up to a life lesson that I should have learned with my previous enthusiast car 10+ years ago, but obviously didn't, so part of this was on me, as much as I would prefer otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 11:44 PM   #8
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Both. The CF weave has waves in one splitter and both splitters required modification to fit. The rear diffuser does not sit centered with the bumper and both edges bow downwards.

I contacted RW through the other forum but they could care less. After attempting to convince me that my installation was the problem, I shared some pics and their response was that parts cannot be returned once installed. When I asked how anyone would know about installation issues without installing the parts, they didn't reply.

I usually don't look back after spending the money, no matter the product. So I chalked this up to a life lesson that I should have learned with my previous enthusiast car 10+ years ago, but obviously didn't, so part of this was on me, as much as I would prefer otherwise.
Well I appreciate the heads up. Steering clear of RW. No sense gambling on it, especially with their response to you.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 05:39 AM   #9
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Quote:

Well I appreciate the heads up. Steering clear of RW. No sense gambling on it, especially with their response to you.
I will let you know about JSK today just waiting on a response.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #10
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everkidd View Post
Wait till you get the shipping quote

Best bet is to get a buddy to order with you, thats the only way the shipping rates become worth it.
      05-18-2018, 10:56 AM   #11
baobao
Canada
Rep

Quote:
look forward to your post
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 11:01 AM   #12
baobao
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnyc View Post

Best bet is to get a buddy to order with you, thats the only way the shipping rates become worth it.
Yea their shipping cost too much. Can't image shipping cost 60%~100% of the purchase value. And since they use wooden support to protect their CF product which makes the package big and heavy, I don't think buy with a buddy will save the shipping rates, the more you order the more you pay for shipping.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #13
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI M3

Quote:
Yea their shipping cost too much. Can't image shipping cost 60%~100% of the purchase value. And since they use wooden support to protect their CF product which makes the package big and heavy, I don't think buy with a buddy will save the shipping rates, the more you order the more you pay for shipping.
It worked out for me and a buddy, ordered two front lips and the shipping rates didnt change. But if you are ordering multiple items, yeah its a deal breaker.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 07:26 AM   #14
4everkidd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It worked out for me and a buddy, ordered two front lips and the shipping rates didnt change. But if you are ordering multiple items, yeah its a deal breaker.
The shipping costs are not too much if you are ordering a full kit; we always get screwed shipping to Canada. I just received several items, I will respond back with quality of the parts once I open them up
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 05:17 PM   #15
Groganrocket
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 335i and 2015m4

Quote:

+1 shipping is more,than the product.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 05:50 PM   #16
baobao
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The shipping costs are not too much if you are ordering a full kit; we always get screwed shipping to Canada. I just received several items, I will respond back with quality of the parts once I open them up
I contact them and asked the quote for a full kit (Vorsteiner style) and the shipping rate for that are almost same as the product value
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 05:37 PM   #17
calijm
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: m4

Quote:

Have you installed them? How about the fitment?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #18
4everkidd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by calijm View Post
Quote:

Don't do it... front lip was great but this is what I think about the skirts and rear diffuser
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 08:07 PM   #19
Spoolin Montego
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 m3/20 x5m/23 m3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't do it... front lip was great but this is what I think about the skirts and rear diffuser
Looks like Jsk ain't rw supplier I suppose lol
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 08:31 PM   #20
4everkidd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin Montego View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Looks like Jsk ain't rw supplier I suppose lol
The RW reps are shit as well. It's all hit or miss.

JL motoring and JSK are no different.

I've also had Vorsteiner parts delaminate on me.

The only parts I've ever been truly happy with were WALD and Varis
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 08:49 PM   #21
Groganrocket
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 335i and 2015m4

Quote:
The RW reps are shit as well. It's all hit or miss.

JL motoring and JSK are no different.

I've also had Vorsteiner parts delaminate on me.

The only parts I've ever been truly happy with were WALD and Varis
Rw carbon is terrible, eBay stuff is better I’ve tried 2 different diffusers and they both had issues and the carbon fiber weave is terrible.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 09:39 AM   #22
JSP///M4C
Speedster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4C Sakhir Orange

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [6.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I am experiencing this exact same issue with RW Carbon and the rear diffuser. Rough edges on the product, a couple of bad areas creates sag on the right side and you can see a gap.

I too contact them with pictures and they told me this was normal and was my install that was the issue. I tried for two hours to get the right to be visually similar to the left and it does not matter what I do. They told me all the tabs were not seated.

Same thing about a return. Must be in the condition it was delivered in.

Don't get sucked into the cheaper price like I did.

A lesson learned. You get what you pay for. I can not recommend RW Carbon for this reason.
Appreciate 0