European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-23-2013, 05:20 AM   #1123
flea333
Lieutenant
flea333's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
477
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP, LMB, DCT
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
X-Drive? If not I don't believe it.

It takes much more than just power to get those figures. An M6 can't get anywhere close to that with supposedly 580-600hp. Even an xDrive 335i would need serious power to get to 3.5. 335i RWD? No way.
Posted by Longboarder, got consistent times at 3.8s 0-60 in his 335.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=17

On the same thread someone had vBox measured 2.9s 0-60 on M3 with race tires.
__________________
2013 M3 LMB, DCT, ZCP, Premium, EPS, Bamboo Beige, Apps, sunroof
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #1124
vladinecko
Brigadier General
vladinecko's Avatar
United_States
184
Rep
3,925
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.50]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
i really hope the production version is going to look a bit more tame. this whole look is a tad too "fast and furious" for my taste.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 - IB/Beige/Sycamore Wood/6MT/EDC/ZPP2/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/iPod-USB/Enh. Audio
2008 E92 335i - Montego Blue/Black/Gray Poplar/6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/HDRadio/iPod-USB - Sold
2006 E90 330i - Mystic Blue/Black/Aluminum/6MT/ZPP/iDrive/PDC/Heated Seats/Sat. Prep - Sold
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #1125
vladinecko
Brigadier General
vladinecko's Avatar
United_States
184
Rep
3,925
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.50]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
also, hearing the noise on one of the youtube videos sure made me appreciate the roar of the current S65 M3 engine. i'll definitely upgrade, eventually, but the current M3 will sure be greatly missed.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 - IB/Beige/Sycamore Wood/6MT/EDC/ZPP2/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/iPod-USB/Enh. Audio
2008 E92 335i - Montego Blue/Black/Gray Poplar/6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/HDRadio/iPod-USB - Sold
2006 E90 330i - Mystic Blue/Black/Aluminum/6MT/ZPP/iDrive/PDC/Heated Seats/Sat. Prep - Sold
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #1126
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
6308
Rep
23,506
Posts


Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMW/Mini to ALL US states

iTrader: (4)

^^Looks even better in person
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Bach:jbach@stevethomasbmw.com Cell:805-807-1989
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy B PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #1127
fsa0610
Mr
Colombia
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: Aston Martin DBS, BMW M3 2012
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bogota, Colombia

iTrader: (0)

I don´t thing this new M4 could be able to stand at my rear view mirror sight.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #1128
fsa0610
Mr
Colombia
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: Aston Martin DBS, BMW M3 2012
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bogota, Colombia

iTrader: (0)

Why we never can get what we deserve with an OEM car. Why this engine downsizing, M lovers and supercar lovers never will be concerned about fuel economy. Of course this car is not the same league with a supercar but i will love if this new M4 will be launched with a V8 Supercharged, in resume the perfect car will be merging this beatiful new M4 chassis and looks with M6 engine. I know you´re gonna say what about the price but it doesn´t matter, why I have to look for a ESS S/C, new brakes, Eisenmann Race exhaust and a lot of aftermarket stuff to have what I and you deserve a furious 720HP M3. We´ll have to do the same with the new M4 if we wan´t to be in the league we deserve and not be shame changing from an Aston DBS or Ferrari 458, but not for the looks but of the power we need to feel.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #1129
Randy M
First Lieutenant
Randy M's Avatar
25
Rep
358
Posts

Drives: 2013 B302 LS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 'Merika

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsa0610 View Post
Why we never can get what we deserve with an OEM car. Why this engine downsizing, M lovers and supercar lovers never will be concerned about fuel economy. Of course this car is not the same league with a supercar but i will love if this new M4 will be launched with a V8 Supercharged, in resume the perfect car will be merging this beatiful new M4 chassis and looks with M6 engine. I know you´re gonna say what about the price but it doesn´t matter, why I have to look for a ESS S/C, new brakes, Eisenmann Race exhaust and a lot of aftermarket stuff to have what I and you deserve a furious 720HP M3. We´ll have to do the same with the new M4 if we wan´t to be in the league we deserve and not be shame changing from an Aston DBS or Ferrari 458, but not for the looks but of the power we need to feel.
Weight is the issue this time around.
__________________
'11 Porsche GT3 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #1130
fsa0610
Mr
Colombia
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: Aston Martin DBS, BMW M3 2012
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bogota, Colombia

iTrader: (0)

You´re right that´s why supercars never came, come or will come with an engine like this. The only brand that makes 6cyl engine descent sound is Porsche, no one else.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #1131
Judah
First Lieutenant
8
Rep
360
Posts

Drives: Black E46 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jeru

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsa0610
Youre right thats why supercars never came, come or will come with an engine like this. The only brand that makes 6cyl engine descent sound is Porsche, no one else.
-1
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #1132
baege
Major
338
Rep
1,002
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i Xdrive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsa0610 View Post
You´re right that´s why supercars never came, come or will come with an engine like this. The only brand that makes 6cyl engine descent sound is Porsche, no one else.
Negative, I own a 2014 Cayman S and the engine on my Z4 Coupe 3.0SI (the n52) was a sweeter engine overall in sound and dynamics than the flat 6 in my Cayman. Bmw knows how to make sweet engines.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #1133
///MDriver
Private
///MDriver's Avatar
11
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 2003.5 BMW M3 SMG IR on red
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cal AB

iTrader: (0)

check out the side gill/lines on this new panamera .. wonder who copied who
Attached Images
 
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #1134
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
487
Rep
7,976
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MDriver View Post
check out the side gill/lines on this new panamera .. wonder who copied who
They're really quite a bit different, with BMW's inverse and forming a strong crease all the way to the rear.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #1135
goldminer
Lieutenant
Canada
16
Rep
453
Posts

Drives: 2011 SG E92 M3, 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

I really like the new M4 from most angles. I don't like the way they have ended the hood with that large body panel break going from headlight to headlight and behind the rondel. I find that cut line to be very jarring. Should have broken it between the headlights.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #1136
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
BMW M3 CRT's Avatar
143
Rep
464
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

M4 Concept Car in "The BMW Welt" in Munich!

According to an member of an german forum the M4 Concept Car will be shown in the BMW Welt in Munich this Saturday at 11.30AM.

http://www.f30-forum.de/board1-f30-f...s/index99.html

Greetings BMW M3 CRT
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #1137
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
30
Rep
1,312
Posts

Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: B-roads

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
I think the Ring is more geared toward top speed than other courses (Sebring, Infineon) so...

I don't give a damn about top speed. Quick acceleration is great, I love that for dd. But more than that I want nimble handling and accurate steering -- things we'll need for our daily commute, and weekend fun.
The Ring is a litmus test that tests and hones a cars overall capabilities. Handling, speed, steering, grip etc. Thats why its regarded so highly. A cars overall time is a clear indicator of its real world capabilities.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #1138
Rookie84
Private
3
Rep
76
Posts

Drives: '13 Chevy Caprice
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Seoul, Korea / Jeddah, KSA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
The Ring is a litmus test that tests and hones a cars overall capabilities. Handling, speed, steering, grip etc. Thats why its regarded so highly. A cars overall time is a clear indicator of its real world capabilities.
I consider it a decent indicator of a car's capabilities, but the Ring time can differ by a huge margin due to differing conditions, what kind of tires are used, how good the driver is(no driver is going to drive a 100% perfect on a 7+ minutes long course without making some mistakes in some places). I do look at it but don't think of it as an absolute indicator of car's performance.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #1139
Ioannis
Private First Class
Ioannis's Avatar
22
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pensylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
The Ring is a litmus test that tests and hones a cars overall capabilities. Handling, speed, steering, grip etc. Thats why its regarded so highly. A cars overall time is a clear indicator of its real world capabilities.
Indeed
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #1140
F82_SID
Brigadier General
F82_SID's Avatar
146
Rep
3,160
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO. USA

iTrader: (2)

Not sure if this is a or not but I havent seen this video on here before..

__________________
2011/E92/M3/MR/BB/ZCV/ZP2/EDC/2MT
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #1141
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
23081
Rep
19,891
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
Not sure if this is a or not but I havent seen this video on here before..

It's in the first post, along with man other M4 videos.
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #1142
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
Sir Loin's Avatar
United_States
260
Rep
1,847
Posts

Drives: Silverstone F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

It has been a year since the M4 Concept was revealed at Pebble Beach. What we know now that we didn't know then:
  • 20" wheels are not available, not even as an option. Maybe part of the Comp package in the future?
  • Aurum Dust was a stage name. It's official name is Austin Yellow
  • Only the CF roof is standard. We now know other CF parts like the lip, the tailpipes, and the diffuser are M Performance parts
  • We didn't know there are also other CF parts hidden under the hood (CF brace in engine bay, or were there spy pictures of it?) and under the car (CF drive shaft)
  • We didn't know how exactly the M3 would look like until December 2013
  • The Concept car had black kidney grill surrounds, and black side gills. Production cars come with chromed ones
  • The Concept car's pictures had similar large wheel gaps that we have in production cars today
  • Could we have told, from the undercarriage pictures, that the rear suspension was bolted directly onto the chassis?

What did I miss or mix up?
__________________
2015 F80 M3 | SSII ext SO int | M-DCT | 19" Black Wheels
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #1143
BMWJ
Lieutenant
58
Rep
480
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

the wheels looked better on the concept as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #1144
F82_SID
Brigadier General
F82_SID's Avatar
146
Rep
3,160
Posts

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO. USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin
It has been a year since the M4 Concept was revealed at Pebble Beach. What we know now that we didn't know then:
  • 20" wheels are not available, not even as an option. Maybe part of the Comp package in the future?
  • Aurum Dust was a stage name. It's official name is Austin Yellow
  • Only the CF roof is standard. We now know other CF parts like the lip, the tailpipes, and the diffuser are M Performance parts
  • We didn't know there are also other CF parts hidden under the hood (CF brace in engine bay, or were there spy pictures of it?) and under the car (CF drive shaft)
  • We didn't know how exactly the M3 would look like until December 2013
  • The Concept car had black kidney grill surrounds, and black side gills. Production cars come with chromed ones
  • The Concept car's pictures had similar large wheel gaps that we have in production cars today
  • Could we have told, from the undercarriage pictures, that the rear suspension was bolted directly onto the chassis?

What did I miss or mix up?
Aurum Dust is actually a different color entirely than Austin Yellow.
__________________
2011/E92/M3/MR/BB/ZCV/ZP2/EDC/2MT
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 bmw m3, 2014 m3, 2014 m3 engine, 2014 m3 forum, 2014 m3 weight, 2014 m4 engine, 2014 m4 weight, 2015 bmw m3, 2015 bmw m4, 2015 m3, 2015 m3 engine, 2015 m4, 2015 m4 engine, 2015 m4 weight, bmw f80, bmw f80 forum, bmw f80 forums, bmw f80 m3, bmw f80 m3 s55, bmw f80 m3 sedan, bmw f82, bmw f82 forum, bmw f82 forums, bmw f82 m3, bmw f82 m3 coupe, bmw f82 m3 forum, bmw f82 m4, bmw f82 m4 coupe, bmw f82 m4 s55, bmw f82 m4 video, bmw f83, bmw f83 m3, bmw f83 m4, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m3 carbon fiber roof, bmw m3 forum, bmw m3 forums, bmw m3 s55, bmw m3 s55 engine, bmw m4, bmw m4 concept, bmw m4 concept coupe, bmw m4 coupe, bmw m4 coupe concept, bmw m4 coupe forum, bmw m4 debut, bmw m4 f82, bmw m4 forum, bmw m4 forums, bmw m4 video, bmw s55, bmw s55 engine, bmw s55 motor, bmw spy, bmw spy photo, bmw spy pics, m4 coupe, m4 forum, m4 forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST