R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-14-2021, 03:00 AM   #89
E93_Savage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 73 240z , 09 335i

Datsun/Nissan & Toyota.

Unconditional Love No Matter What
Appreciate 1
Foggins1331.50
      10-14-2021, 12:14 PM   #90
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
No hate to 718 owners, I'm sure you enjoy your cars. It just isn't for me, and def wouldn't be the first Porsche I'd recommend to someone looking to experience the brand for the first time.
Really? I think the 718 is absolutely the perfect Porsche for someone looking to get into the brand (ask me how I know ). Its the least expensive sports car they have and offers arguably the most pure driving experience, with supercar level handling and feel being a mid-engine design.

Of course if money is no object, then sure go straight for the 911 in whatever flavor your prefer. But for simply looking to get into the brand and experience a Porsche, I cant think of a better way to do that than a 718.
Appreciate 3
Foggins1331.50
Germanauto9665.50
      10-14-2021, 03:59 PM   #91
turvytopsy
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Nissan for me. I love how their entire lineup is boring cars your grandparents would buy, but then there's something crazy like the GTR in there
Appreciate 1
Foggins1331.50
      10-14-2021, 11:56 PM   #92
onehorsepower
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (G01)

I grew up in a Toyota family, so that's naturally what I was drawn to when I began driving. 4Runners and Land Cruisers are still two of my favorite vehicles, for the purpose they are built and meant to be used for nothing else compares for me.

I have horses, so a pickup is a necessity for me. I have the same F350 I've had since I was a teenager, but if I went out and bought a brand new pickup today it would definitely be a Chevy for their styling and reliability.

I was only bitten by the BMW bug two years ago at 28. I never really considered owning/driving "luxury" cars until I began working at BMW dealer. The very first time I drove a BMW it was like a completely different driving experience from anything else I'd ever driven. I quickly became obsessed, now I've owned two with a 3rd on order.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 10:09 PM   #93
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
No hate to 718 owners, I'm sure you enjoy your cars. It just isn't for me, and def wouldn't be the first Porsche I'd recommend to someone looking to experience the brand for the first time.
Really? I think the 718 is absolutely the perfect Porsche for someone looking to get into the brand (ask me how I know ). Its the least expensive sports car they have and offers arguably the most pure driving experience, with supercar level handling and feel being a mid-engine design.

Of course if money is no object, then sure go straight for the 911 in whatever flavor your prefer. But for simply looking to get into the brand and experience a Porsche, I cant think of a better way to do that than a 718.
I tell whoever's interested in my opinion that they have to experience the traditional Porsche NA flat 6 to see what the brand is all about. That's the main reason.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 07:53 AM   #94
g.m00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 & M2C

Porsche, Toyota, and Ford.

And for different reasons too.

Toyota because I was used to that growing up with their 6-seaters so it kinda just grew on me over the years. And Ford because it was perfect for travelling through bumpy roads. it's versatile and useful for many occasions which is pretty awesome.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 07:54 AM   #95
g.m00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 & M2C

Porsche, Toyota, and Ford.

And for different reasons too.

Toyota because I was used to that growing up with their 6-seaters so it kinda just grew on me over the years. And Ford because it was perfect for travelling through bumpy roads. it's versatile and useful for many occasions which is pretty awesome.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 06:28 AM   #96
maxdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘23 GRolla; MDX S

Toyota...looking forward to the renewed focus on enthusiast vehicles via the GR brand.

Their trucks and SUV's should also be improved with the upcoming changes similar to the new Tundra.
Appreciate 0