Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

08-05-2020, 10:47 AM   #1
Petosat
Rep
Drives: BMW m3

Dealership contacts in Austin

I am wondering if anyone has a good dealership sales contact in Austin. I'm looking into putting a deposit down on the G80 and am looking for a good sales guy to work with. Nothing I like less than effing around all day with a rude slimy sales person when I literally know exactly what I'm looking for.

Also, fwiw I am willing to travel if anyone knows a good contact within reasonable distance I.e. Houston, San Antonio or Dallas.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 11:03 AM   #2
dantm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Xdrive

BMW of Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petosat View Post
I am wondering if anyone has a good dealership sales contact in Austin. I'm looking into putting a deposit down on the G80 and am looking for a good sales guy to work with. Nothing I like less than effing around all day with a rude slimy sales person when I literally know exactly what I'm looking for.

Also, fwiw I am willing to travel if anyone knows a good contact within reasonable distance I.e. Houston, San Antonio or Dallas.
I have now bought 2 cars from Chris Reilly from BMW of Austin. He is fair and tries to get you the best deal. Let him know Dan with the X5/328i sent you. I wonder long the list is for people with deposits on the G80? when the f80 came out there list was pretty long but I was #10 or so but ended up not buying due to job change.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 01:15 PM   #3
paffinity
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
Victor Pitts at BMW of South Austin is awesome.
VPitts.bma@crm.hendrickauto.com

Let him know the recent M4 CS purchaser referred you.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 04:30 PM   #4
mavs_26
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 TBM 6MT

In the end I ordered my F80 from BMW Dallas because they assured me a faster build allotment as compared to a smaller dealership. For context I recall ordering in May 2015 and getting the car in October 2015. The BMW Dallas sales person was nice enough but their Finance Manager was incredibly rude when I pushed back on his upsell attempts. Not sure if it was just the guy or Autonation ownership or what, and not sure you can draw any conclusions here other than there are intangibles beyond allotment timing. Best of luck! And what color are you thinking of ordering?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 10:20 PM   #5
paffinity
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
2020 X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs_26 View Post
In the end I ordered my F80 from BMW Dallas because they assured me a faster build allotment as compared to a smaller dealership. For context I recall ordering in May 2015 and getting the car in October 2015. The BMW Dallas sales person was nice enough but their Finance Manager was incredibly rude when I pushed back on his upsell attempts. Not sure if it was just the guy or Autonation ownership or what, and not sure you can draw any conclusions here other than there are intangibles beyond allotment timing. Best of luck! And what color are you thinking of ordering?
Yea, I absolutely hate the upselling and back/forth tactics used by most dealers. I will say that of the Austin dealers, only the south dealership was a pleasure to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #6
Petosat
Rep
Drives: BMW m3

Thanks for everyone's recommendations! I am using a contact I got from dm and he's been awesome so far. Placing an order is currently on hold. My wife and I are wanting to do euro delivery (been promising a vacation to her for years) and it's non negotiable for her, so ordering will have to wait until it's opened up again after all this settles down.
Appreciate 0