Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

09-26-2023, 12:25 PM   #1
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

CCB’s chirping when not braking..

I had a lightly used set of CCB’s retrofitted earlier this year, all done by BMW, including the booster and coding.

The car and the brakes are amazing. Feel great and are generally silent, however I’m getting a faint chirping while driving around with the window open, which goes silent when I brake. It’ll then stay quiet for a little bit of driving and come back.

It’s actually worse when turning one way, and disappears when turning the other way.

I’m tempted to try new pads, my previous car with factory CCB never did this.

Instagram c1_cdg
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 04:35 PM   #2
Blocke
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Mine does this on occasion. Same behavior, louder when turning. I find it goes away when I go for a spirited drive, so I attribute it to dirty calipers/pads and it burns off. I’ve considered the Porsche piston shim things, but haven’t got around to it.
Appreciate 1
Colinv64047.50